Griffon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:31

Dude, sA -> cC doesn't even come close to linking. I think people who haven't even played the game yet would know that.

I've tried a few QS setups and stuff to try the air juggle dream cancel some more. It has nothing on Kyo's and even in most situations where Griffon is right freakin on top of them the dream cancel will wiff.

QS half way through a combo/pressure trap -> not doing anything on jump-in with Griffon -> LDM seems to be the best way to land it.

I've also been trying some high launch QS combos directly into his air grab on tag in without any luck. Guess the engine doesn't want Griffon to be doing anything cool.

4gotten_kazama
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by 4gotten_kazama » Fri Feb 10, 2006 19:57

Slapper Joe wrote:Dude, sA -> cC doesn't even come close to linking. I think people who haven't even played the game yet would know that.

I've tried a few QS setups and stuff to try the air juggle dream cancel some more. It has nothing on Kyo's and even in most situations where Griffon is right freakin on top of them the dream cancel will wiff.

QS half way through a combo/pressure trap -> not doing anything on jump-in with Griffon -> LDM seems to be the best way to land it.

I've also been trying some high launch QS combos directly into his air grab on tag in without any luck. Guess the engine doesn't want Griffon to be doing anything cool.
Yeah that was wrong on my part it wasnt sA it was somthing probably d/f C but I'm pretty sure I was crouching but dont remeber what attack it wsa that comboed into D/f D

But on a good note The sC d/fC qcfX2 cancel on 2nd hit into hcbX2E takes of hellas I got it off like 4 times last night. I also didnt know on some charectars after knockdown you can follow up with elpow drop.

I also use elbow drow on switch in charecters to cross people up also what is a great follow up to the wall bounce throw

Later End Transmission

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50

Props to a certain person who doesn't want to sign up.

CH dropkick (df+D) is where it is at, there is an easy rdp+A after landing it anywhere (more often than you would think.) Or if it lands deep you can jump and do a quick air grab. This has to be one of the best looking 2hit combos of all time.

4gotten_kazama
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by 4gotten_kazama » Thu Feb 23, 2006 19:49

What is best to do off of his wall bounce throw are there any reset combos available

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Mar 17, 2006 08:02

Btw, for those who are wondering, his jump CD is his jump D (i.e. awesome air to air, awesome air to ground). His std CD is his std D (i.e. good range, good speed, good priority). Kinda half-arsed of SNKP to recycle old frames, but still, his CD is good.

They fixed his run animation, he now runs at a fairly decent speed (about as fast as Clark).

His bk bk hop is REALLY fast. What's worse is you can do his Icarus Crush (hcf + P in air) while back hopping, the Icarus Crush this year retains the momentum of your jump, so you can spam this all day to build power meter, and he also gets the benefit of Iori's bk bk + B glitch that makes him travel even farther when you do it. :D

Oh yeah, to answer the person who was asking the question for his followup to his hcf + K, I'd normally do a Tiger Knee'd hcf + P. Damage scaling doesn't rape this anymore. Not sure if you can do his elbow drop after this move, though. Other good followups: Daedalus Attack DC'd into Big Fall. df + D for flash and omgwtfow factor.

Griffon is hella fun now. The kinks in his gameplay in 2k3 have been worked out, and now he seems like a pretty solid grabber. :grin:

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri Mar 17, 2006 09:55

4gotten_kazama wrote:What is best to do off of his wall bounce throw are there any reset combos available
i normally jump and do his air command grab.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:15

Jump D, close A, close D, df+D, qcb+B (OTG) all counts on the combo meter, does pretty good damage and does a really stupid amount of stun.

4gotten_kazama
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by 4gotten_kazama » Sat Apr 22, 2006 20:14

Thats a fucking tight ass combo...

What is like the best way offensfly people are playing Griffon I just whore standing C and make people scared to jump and whoop ass

What is the combo with no Meter do I do j.D,cC, into hcb+C I think you can do d/fC in there but can you replace the end with the wall throw then follow up w/Air throw into elbow thats hellas but it might be possilble but exagerated cause of the damage it might give...

The jump in combo is my staple should/can I be doing something else? Input

Thanks in advice

End Transmission

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 13:33

A lot of Griffon's offense comes from keeping you grounded. The problem with Griffon is he's not THAT strong air to air compared to some other people (King comes to mind). His two probably best air to air options is his jump A and jump D. If you can keep the opponent from starting any sort of air game, then Griffon can rape you on the ground.

A few tips from testing Griffon's playability:

Best way to use his std C, df + D KEEEK guard crush is to make sure you hit with the tip of BOTH the std C and df + D. Two blocked reps of this guard crush link will automatically get their lifebar flashing. After this you can either keep on the offense with Griffon, or quick shift out to someone who has a mean combo that hurts provided you can break their guard. My suggestion is Ryo with a simple jump in D, dwn C, Ryuuko Ranbu, using the D and dwn C as guard crush buttons of course. Basically, that extreme guard crush capabilities of Griffon after a std C df + D makes him a walking nightmare. Sure you can duck it, but you = ducking means you = not moving. Not moving against Griffon is a *very* bad thing.

Oh btw, random air YOU ATE MY SOBA (qcb + B) works well.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon May 01, 2006 00:54

flying elbow works wonders against magaki. Beat him down to 3/4 life just with qcb D until i stuffed up.

but anyway, yeah, d/f D has a huuuuuge blockstun, so use it when you get the chance. dp A/C is also a lot better than 2k3. Faster, harder to see coming and a better hitbox. Great for flipping over projectiles and frankenstining the opposition :)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Mon May 01, 2006 05:41

hmm, after all this while I always thought this character was called tizoc.. are they the same char?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon May 01, 2006 05:58

Japanese name is Griffon Mask, but outside of Japan his name is Tizoc.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Thu May 04, 2006 21:41

ehhhm i have some questions on Tizoc:

Is there a way to cancel his poseidon wave so that it doesnt come out??? (it seems like some players attempt to make a poseidon wave and they just make the initial backwards hop animation.... do u know what is the input of that?

what move is his d/f+ D (is it his move where he horizontal jumps with a kick) ?

is his d/f d/f + C still his elbow drop command?

and...does he still has his move where he kinda hits with his mask? (if i recall correctly that move was something like D. D. + AB)

hope somebody can answer me those
Last edited by SonicWaver on Fri May 05, 2006 05:53, edited 3 times in total.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri May 05, 2006 00:00

You can break the hop-back attacks with AB just as he lands from the hop. df+D is the low dropkick, yes.

I've never even bothered to see if he has the followup elbow, I guess thats is something to test. Peck is now df+C

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Fri May 05, 2006 05:50

thanks a lot slapper, ur answer´s r most accurate here than ur post in Oswald´s thread (i didnt get a word on it XD)

thx a lot