Ramon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Wed Apr 12, 2006 02:34

If anyone hasn't really noticed the A version of hcf+P has pretty damn good range (not like 2k2 ::sigh::). If someone is just plainly standing over your knocked down body, hcf+A is great on wake up and comes out fast.

I also noticed that hcf+E (or whatever it is) doesn't combo like his hcf+P does. I haven't tested out the range much yet, so I don't have any reason to say that it's worth using.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Something new new new

Post by flipONE » Wed Apr 26, 2006 05:22

Computer did this on me today with Ramon.

f+A, than the computer did the pickup that looks like the Rolling Sobat dd+P finisher.

I didn't get to test it, but I'm assuming you can't do the pickup if you cancel into the move, as the headbutt by itself knocks down. I suspect that Ramon actually has more of these pickups.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Re: Something new new new

Post by Derrace » Wed Apr 26, 2006 06:45

hmm, I was meaning to ask this earlier.. but how do you do his multiple grab slam LDM?

I saw it in one of those clips, when he repeatingly picks the guy up and slams it on the floor again and again...

is this what it is?

Super Tiger Spin - close opponent hcbX2 + E (5)
(5)Follow up 1 - after the first slam qcf + E (6)
(6)Follow up 2 - qcb + E (7)
(7)Follow up 3 - hcf + E

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 13:29

flipONE wrote:If anyone hasn't really noticed the A version of hcf+P has pretty damn good range (not like 2k2 ::sigh::). If someone is just plainly standing over your knocked down body, hcf+A is great on wake up and comes out fast.

I also noticed that hcf+E (or whatever it is) doesn't combo like his hcf+P does. I haven't tested out the range much yet, so I don't have any reason to say that it's worth using.

yeah i noticed it too.....grabbed kyo on wakeup like, almost 1.5 body lengths away.

had a play with him a few days back. Must say his speed still seems to be there, just his priority/dp kick overhead and some other abusable shit had been taken away. Still very competitive in the right hands (and those right hands would have to do mad qcb C cancelling too)

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Apr 27, 2006 04:44

The problem with Ramon (apart from weaker air to air), is his lame ass damage.... I remember pounding on some guy like mad, and in return he gets in A FEW random hits and...we both ended up having around the same amount of hp =.=;

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Re: Something new new new

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 05:01

Derrick wrote:is this what it is?

Super Tiger Spin - close opponent hcbX2 + E (5)
(5)Follow up 1 - after the first slam qcf + E (6)
(6)Follow up 2 - qcb + E (7)
(7)Follow up 3 - hcf + E
Yeah, it's like Daimon's old multipart DM. Extra hits don't require any extra stock either, they just look cool.
~!T.T!~ wrote:yeah i noticed it too.....grabbed kyo on wakeup like, almost 1.5 body lengths away.

had a play with him a few days back. Must say his speed still seems to be there, just his priority/dp kick overhead and some other abusable shit had been taken away. Still very competitive in the right hands (and those right hands would have to do mad qcb C cancelling too)
That's one big problem with Ramon. Knowing how to use his qcb + C is a necessity since he lost a lot of his speed and priority. Have to do a lot of compensation for his nerfed gameplay in XI, but he's very much a threat if you can't stop him from going on a roll with that qcb + C.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 06:34

I personally can see how qcb+C will work for pressure games. But past that, I think using the command cancel for comboes is unpractical. It may generate some extra damage, but I feel that the gamble of missing the combo isn't worth the damage awarded.

Besides, I usually try to quick shift into Ramon to set up his longer comboes, maybe I'll try QSing with j.D, st.C, qcb+C, d+C, dp+K (+ followups). However I'm pretty sure that the dp+K will generally miss because of pushback.

Has anyone else seen the pickup after an uncanceled f+A. I'm trying to figure out a way to work it into his game, but I can't really goto the arcade for at least 2 days. Maybe like this? j.D, st.C, (dp+K)x2, dd+P, qcb+C, f+A, (new pick up... I think it's gonna be dd+P as well).

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Fri Apr 28, 2006 01:45

That could lead to an infinite...
f+A, ddP, qcb+C, repeat whole thing to infinity.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri Apr 28, 2006 02:31

christensenray wrote:That could lead to an infinite...
f+A, ddP, qcb+C, repeat whole thing to infinity.
wth? ddP from f+A?

wouldnt you have to perform the dp K x 2 first?

..... ....

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Fri Apr 28, 2006 03:01

no, the pickup is done after an uncanceled f+A. I haven't tested it yet but I suspect the pickup is dd+P as well.

I don't think it will work as an infinite, because f+A is pretty slow. I think it will be only good for high/low/overhead games.

Also, has anyone tried Kara-Canceling the f+A into his hcf+P/E throw(s)?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 19:50

What's Kara-Cancelling? The uncancelled f+A into dd+P is SCable and confirmed.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 20:52

Zero wrote:
BnB: st.C, df+B, qcb+C, cr.C, qcb+A.
All these years I could never get that combo to work, especially non-corner. Do you have to dash after the qcb+C? I prefer the one mentioned earlier as his BnB:

st.C, qcb+C, d+C, df+B, qcb+A.

which btw after testing does the same damage as:

st.C, df+B, hcf+P

Basically, unless I'm going for the full combo (j.C, st.C, qcb+C, d+C, df+B, qcb~hcf+p DM), I don't bother doing the qcb+C cancelling.

An interesting observation for the Tiger Combination LDM followups:

The first has to be QCB+E, after that you can follow up with either qcf+E or qcb+E and then hcf+E or hcb+E.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Thu Jun 29, 2006 04:41

Forget everything you've read on his Tiger Combination LDM, you'll get confused.

Now. say you grab him with the LDM. Imagine as if he were ALWAYS facing the same direction you grabbed him in and do qcb+E repeatedly, until he does the THIRD suplex, then do hcf+E (in the direction you were facing originally) repeatedly until it works.

What is supposed to happen is that you do the hcb,hcb+E, then do qcb+E, qcf+E then hcf+E, BUT Ramon switches sides with the opponent after the qcb+E, and switches sides yet again after qcf+E, so what really happens is you do hcb,hcb+E, qcb+E, qcb+E, hcf+E.

Plus it does more damage than without his extra throws, and the extra hit helps with scaling in combos.

[edit: i had smoe spelilng erors. Tehy were fxied. lol]

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Thu Jun 29, 2006 09:16

alexis wrote:
[edit: i had smoe spelilng erors. Tehy were fxied. lol]
LOL you should fix the edit as well.
alexis wrote: Plus it does more damage than without his extra throws, and the extra hit helps with scaling in combos.
that is true I tested it last night and it does more damage, in the conqueror guide they are saying that it takes the same amount of life.

after dd+punch you can only cancel it with hcb+A and qcb+kick ,the rest as to be super cancel.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 02:55

So you're saying it's pointless to even bother do the extra inputs? But the oh-ah factor does so much psychological damage it's worth it ;)

{Damn, lost my old account somehow}