Kula Diamond (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:07

on a side note, dunno if this has been mentioned, but i dont think kula's juggle-slide, stand c (1 hit), LDM hits in the corner.....or at least i've never done/seen it before. stand a, LDM works anywhere though

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:51

~!T.T!~ wrote:on a side note, dunno if this has been mentioned, but i dont think kula's juggle-slide, stand c (1 hit), LDM hits in the corner.....or at least i've never done/seen it before. stand a, LDM works anywhere though
yes, it does connect. You would need to time the Stand C (1hit) later than usual.

Stand A hits anywhere as it doesnt push the player back as much...having said that, Stand C makes the opponent travel a higher (thus further) projectile route, and since the opponent is in the corner, all you would notice is him "bounce" higher and not further.

Just think of Kyo's qcf A, wait, qcf A combo in the corner. Hopefully you would get what i mean.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Feb 14, 2006 06:50

yep, that makes sense

also, whenever kula whiffs her LDM, i know she's invulnerable, but would things like shen's hcb,f C get her (i'm assuming that command/generic throws will still connect)?

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:44

I don't notice much people using this kula cheese pressure <_<...

Her Far C and Crouch D are one of my favourite Kula Normals. Both have good range and priority. What to do when opponent is trapped in corner? Position yourself such that you're about Far C distance, or Crouch D distance, whichever fits, do it, cancel into A diamond breath. It doesn't matter if he blocks, it just ticks him. A Diamond breath seem to have such a fast startup and cooldown, your opponent can't punish you at all. Most of the time, Crouch D and Far C gets blocked, the opponent will mostly try to punish you if they do not know of this. A Diamond breath gets the all the time. Far C and Crouch D has a hell of long cancelable frames, and can cancel even if it whiffs. Use it to bait and all. Rinse and repeat, with variations. Try C diamond breath when the opponent get used to it. They block, they stay in guard stun, jump in pressure.

I managed to get 2 characters down just by this corner pressure before the guy smart-en up <_<.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Mar 05, 2006 18:43

LDM can be juggled *after* Diamond Edge Max. Not a dream cancel.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Sun Mar 12, 2006 06:21

Ratix0 wrote:I don't notice much people using this kula cheese pressure <_<...

Her Far C and Crouch D are one of my favourite Kula Normals. Both have good range and priority. What to do when opponent is trapped in corner? Position yourself such that you're about Far C distance, or Crouch D distance, whichever fits, do it, cancel into A diamond breath. It doesn't matter if he blocks, it just ticks him. A Diamond breath seem to have such a fast startup and cooldown, your opponent can't punish you at all. Most of the time, Crouch D and Far C gets blocked, the opponent will mostly try to punish you if they do not know of this. A Diamond breath gets the all the time. Far C and Crouch D has a hell of long cancelable frames, and can cancel even if it whiffs. Use it to bait and all. Rinse and repeat, with variations. Try C diamond breath when the opponent get used to it. They block, they stay in guard stun, jump in pressure.

I managed to get 2 characters down just by this corner pressure before the guy smart-en up <_<.
Hey Ratix0, havnt seen you round for a while. Anyways, far C is punishable by a roll cancel. Opponent ends up behind you and you're in a world of pain. So can be used once or twice to annoy, but after that, the opp knows your game and will roll cancel out of it.
AE: LDM can be juggled *after* Diamond Edge Max. Not a dream cancel.
Actually, it IS a DC. When you juggle after the DM, you are still in attack stun. Even though it is a juggle and not an interruption, you are still interrupting your attack recovery frames, so you still get the DC message and it still costs the skill stock.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Mar 12, 2006 09:46

Ah I don't use Kula, so I don't plan to verify it soon. I have been hit by it before tho, and I was pretty sure I didn't see a "Dream Cancel" message.

Might only work if the Diamond Edge MAX connected against an air-borne opponent.

If you do try it again, let us know if it works.

Tsubasa
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Tsubasa » Sat Mar 18, 2006 07:37

In the newer Henvoke videos, I'm seeing the Kula ending her B&B with qcb P instead of the usual dp C (she isn't leader so no LDM). Does anyone see why? I observe that it does a respectable amount of damage, but is it more than the dp C? I'm also wondering if it's being done so Kula's left in a better position to oki; especially in the corner.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:23

its safe if you stuff up the combo, and yeah, oki is better.....also you can QS to some things after it in the corner (like silber's overhead kick super, as i confirmed today)

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 04:42

New Henvoke vids show Kula doing down D -> LDM.

o_O

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Apr 19, 2006 05:02

ShadowSonic wrote:New Henvoke vids show Kula doing down D -> LDM.

o_O
yah, i think this was mentioned before.. anyway, it was something we always wanted to do (in previous versions) after a CD or Down D. I remember combo movies making use of the "counter hit" effect to land otherwise-not-possible combos.

I believe Jump E, LDM for her, K' and their counterparts should work as well.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39

~!T.T!~ wrote:also you can QS to some things after it in the corner (like silber's overhead kick super, as i confirmed today)
. . . . .

Who needs Kula LDM? Only 10 or so less damage and in corner allowing stomp pressure

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 14:18

JumpE/StandE can't chain into juggle-LDMs unless they are a counterhit

Silber's dmg gets toned down massively if done in a QS :S

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Wed Apr 19, 2006 14:53

Yes they can't chain into juggle DM/LDMS but they can totaly juggle into Free Juggles moves without any sort of counter hit... that's the particularity of these moves...

After, it's just a question of recovery/speed... but technicaly, after a E counter hit, you can juggle with a normal and juggle after with a free juggle move.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Apr 19, 2006 18:29

Yeah, I have done a counter hit Jump E, Jump C, LDM with Kim at some point.