Clark (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sun Apr 23, 2006 16:50

Yeah I know, but it just wasn't feasible in 2k2 because of the hitbox and stun time, you could normal grab Clark out of his crouching B, and you had to be reallllllly close for it to combo.

I find it so useful in XI though, along with his standB, crA , grab.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Mon May 08, 2006 21:31

In the latest Arcademongogo vid, a Clark player does the running grab super on an incoming Duck King, and the Duck King gets grabbed. Has anybody tried this? Is it inescapable like Mary's LDM?

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Wed May 24, 2006 06:41

AcidicEnema wrote:In the latest Arcademongogo vid, a Clark player does the running grab super on an incoming Duck King, and the Duck King gets grabbed. Has anybody tried this? Is it inescapable like Mary's LDM?
i really doubt it, but u never know...should try by myself.

You can SC HCF+C into running three in the corner, it will 100% grab the opponent.

A little change from his only other SC with the new DM.

(i dont know about which one does the more damage though, never checked)

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sat Mar 31, 2007 09:54

To Acidicenema:

I´ve tried it several times, and it seems it does work as an inescapable.
(However, as only last frames catch the opponent, u have to time very well, else YOU ARE DEAD. A technique with a not so scrubby factor as K´s Heat drive.)

Some more tips on using Clark:

Use standing A on close hoping opponents. (u can abuse it against every type of opponent´s incoming jumps, but its most effective against opponents cornering Clark with close hopings)

Use standing D on long jumping opponents, however, input it when Clark is about 3/4 fullscreen away, and time it (its hitbox its kinda weird, depending on the frame animation at hitting opponent, thats why timming is needed). But as for my opinion, this is his best long range ground to air attack, 100% effective, safer for me than frankensteiner and Napalm stretch xD. (and makes more damage than 1 hit standing C, which is mainly used just to poke opponent backwards and not for damage intentions).

Keep aways: far standing C and crouching C
(Difference: Crouching C has a larger hitbox, but standing C recovers faster)

(will try to help later on further analysis, U can always correct me if I´m mistaken.)

BTW:

against close opponent: st. A x2 into grab/DM/LDM (works anywhere)

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon May 28, 2007 06:49

weirdly, Clark's close standing D is immune to low attacks. The upward hitbox should make it technically decent as an anti-air, but it is his CLOSE animation, so it's only useful when you've knocked them down and you press D in front of them. Not entirely a bad idea, since you can't sweep or crouching poke him, and jumping gets you hit. Although most people would rather just deal with a waking opponent with a crouching B or C anyway, so I doubt there's any real incentive to use a close D over those.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 05:40

Problem is that, Stand D will lag LOTS (Clark's animation falling down after kicking), while opponents that crouch A/B against it, will recover a lot faster and Clark will miss hit against some opponents (a crouching Momoko for instance)...so, its way too risky in my opinion.