Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Dec 22, 2005 01:34

hmmm, not mentioned, but his hcf A/C is supercancellable

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Dec 31, 2005 05:20

Down C comboable to grab. (normal or supers)

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sun Feb 12, 2006 14:08

Empyrian wrote:Down C comboable to grab. (normal or supers)
Yep,u can even do Down C(counter mode on jumping/hopping opponents), dp+c, qcf+c.

I dunno what happen to clark's jump a, air to ground seems 2 b toned down a little, i vs'ed some player who uses oswald and he knocked me out of the air (while doing a hop+a & hyper jump+a) with a standing a xx the gambit rip-off DM!! Bah even Clark's standing a cant do that!!

Jump A, down+a, close+c, forward+b, hcf+Cxxhcb*2+C is inconsistent! It creates a huge push back effect and my hcf+c whiffs 99% of the time, Maybe i wasnt quick enough?? Cuz i onli managed to connect it ONCE!!!

Loving his new frankensteiner properties!!! Shining wizard is still Crap+underused and 4 show-off purposes only! Jump+E takes ages to come out, but who needs them when u have jump C&D

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Sun Feb 12, 2006 22:25

maybe the problem is that Oswald has more priority?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 06:38

That Gambit rip-off LDM of Oswald unfortunately has upper body invincibilty from start until like 2/3 dash distance, So that baby is an outstanding anti-air. I don't think Clark's jump A was powered down. I was still putting pressure with it. It really sucks that you can break his hcf+P>d,d+A/B/C/D again. Why the hell should opponent be allowed to escape from the damn thing if they got hit?! :mad:

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Feb 13, 2006 07:09

Tel wrote:That Gambit rip-off LDM of Oswald unfortunately has upper body invincibilty from start until like 2/3 dash distance, So that baby is an outstanding anti-air. I don't think Clark's jump A was powered down.
No it was more like Oswald stand A (counter hit) cancel to back, forward*2 E!! That was just plain silly!! Ive seen people do that on match videos but that was against Kyo's hop jump C! But pleasee... this is clark!! His jump A is his best jump-in tool! I swear, Clark's palm was already sticking out! And that LDM is just annoying to watch!

I gotta agree with you, why make his hcf+c followups escapeable? It doesnt deal ubber damage neway? This is no Tekken fer Christ's sake! If SNKP wants to make special throws escapeable, make that gato jumping+neck twisting throw escapeable :grin:

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42

Gosh, you're right. Oswald's standing and crouching A have ridiculous priority. Of course, I was too busy owning with him to think it was abusable, since I've never fought a good Oswald user yet! Heheh, I think I'll start whining about Oswald's abusability only after someone beat me down with him. :grin:

But going back to Clark, I'm guessing that stuff with Oswald was a one-off thing. I've rarely had a problem using his jump A otherwise. I really can't understand why SNKP made his hcf+P followups breakable again, since the thing was slowed down in 2k3, so it's only safe in combos. That you managed to hit opponent with it and give them a 25% chance to escape it is stupid. Especially considering you'd normally use d,d+C to do the most damage. They took it out in NeoWave and brought it back in XI is just stupid. And notice against the CPU, it'll somehow manage to break the move every time from stage 4 onwards.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Feb 13, 2006 16:34

^^^ LOLZ!! In fact Magaki won't counter ur first hcf+c followups!!! hahaha!
Leader Oswald is as cheap as a man-whore, u can tell by how he dresses! He looks like sum man-whore club member from that movie Deuce Bigalow2.

I saw sum1 doing this combo:
Clark jump+A, C(1hit), qcb2+kNth hit->QS Ralf, jump C, Down back+C, back fwd+c 3rd hit SC->Galactica phantom!! OUCH!!
I guess clark's new DM is QSable?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Mon Feb 13, 2006 17:07

Franz Bonaparta wrote: I saw sum1 doing this combo:
Clark jump+A, C(1hit), qcb2+kNth hit->QS Ralf, jump C, Down back+C, back fwd+c 3rd hit SC->Galactica phantom!! OUCH!!
I guess clark's new DM is QSable?
I believe it's due to the fact that you can DC from QcbX2 Kick into LDM that makes it QS-Able.

Any move that can be DC should be QS-able. This applies for both Special moves and DMs.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Tue Feb 14, 2006 00:25

C -> hcf +P -> SC into super can be mixed up with C -> hcb +P (depending on distance) -> hcb +P

ive faked quite a few people with this... They think Im doing the hcf +P when clark runs forward, but im doing hcb P. the key is to use hcb A or hcb C depening on how far you are from the opponent, clark will stop just in front of opponent and hcb C again will cause him to do the super grab.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Feb 14, 2006 15:36

Geese wrote:C -> hcf +P -> SC into super can be mixed up with C -> hcb +P (depending on distance) -> hcb +P

ive faked quite a few people with this... They think Im doing the hcf +P when clark runs forward, but im doing hcb P. the key is to use hcb A or hcb C depening on how far you are from the opponent, clark will stop just in front of opponent and hcb C again will cause him to do the super grab.

Great find Geese :worship1:
So Clark has a new buffer system hey?? Imma try it now woohoo!!

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:09

Most Clark players already know this, but the starting frames of his qcbX2+K look exactly like the starting frame of UAB. So when mostly players see it, they'll instinctively jump... and get his by the qcbX2+K.

Jump in> qcbX2+K is a pretty evil wake up fake.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40

(in case nobody here already knew this)

Talking about Oswald and his LDM while Clark (or pretty much any character) is jumping:

People have previosuly posted that Oswald´s LDM has upper uber priority (which may explain Franz Bonaparta´s rant)

even if this is true, i´ve personally found that almost any jumping E attack, simply break Oswald´s LDM

(specifically here: Clark´s j. E)

any J. E attack i´ve tried (with pretty much any character that hits diagonally) Breaks and ownz Royal Flush

(as a Clark/Kensou user, i suppose this is my first small contribution to this thread)

hope u like it, Oswald haters, Clark lovers ^^

*salutes

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:44

i passed through one of magaki's blue ground firebally things with oswald's LDM yesterday.....i think it's more of an upper body priority thing maybe...

but then again, this is a clark thread :)

something i've always wanted to try but never got the chance, but when clark throws you with his generic C throw, you do recover faster than clark does, so is it possible to, say, do a crouching D if you're near the corner? or does he have rad gay invincibility during his recovery frames

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 21:05

He will recover first while he's landing. Basically you're both equally as screwed if Clark does the air grab in the corner.

But XI Clark is pretty damn solid. 2k3 Clark was extremely slow and very one-dimensional because of the ghey 50/50 grab system. A ton of his gameplay revolved around that. Now he has a ridiculous amount of options and speed to back it up.

Because hops are lower, his jump A, C, D, and E all have their uses for mindfuck purposes. And as AE pointed out, his new QCB x 2 + K DM adds yet another dimension to Clark's incredible grab okizeme game. Hell, you can even d B into his command grab or command grab super!

Oh, and it seems much, much easier to do the 2k2 shortcut for his std C (1 hit) into DM. In 2k3 it was impossible to "store" the motion, but in XI they seemed to have given Clark the "storing" capability back. I can actually do the old hcb, run forward, hcb + P DM trick.

And about his Frankensteiner, all they simply did was give him his old 2k2 Frankensteiner back, which is OMG good. It can be used for major mindfucking and can even be used as anti hop/anti jump.

Welcome to good ol' Clark, the way he used to be and should've been in 2k3!