Ralf (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Zero
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
PSN:Zero_MTL

Post by Zero » Sun Apr 02, 2006 19:25

HCF+K have auto-guard. Use any low attack to beat this move.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 22:26

How to play XI Larf:

Pretend it's '98

Really, that far C is god. Shuts down any characters who are hop dependent. The only problem Larf has is point blank defense, all his options have some sort of risk and lack priority. Of course, at this point, you can use the system defenses to get the guy off you, but your regular options are either risky or cannot stuff the other guy at all.

One funny thing I learned though, B Larf Low Kick is good anticipated anti-air.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Apr 03, 2006 03:43

PenPen wrote:P,P,P is very hard to come out now. Or is it now strictly C,C,C? I couldn't do it with the A version.
Hmm have u tried "pianoing" yet? So what you do is index finger on A, middle finger on C, then press c,a,c or a,c,a as you would on a keyboard or a piano...I never use this vulcan punch anymore... its sucky now!
Iie-Kyo wrote:One funny thing I learned though, B Larf Low Kick is good anticipated anti-air.
Huh? low laruf kick? You mean that twisting sweep? I think its to risky, use the d version instead? I still remember how iori use down+b as an "anti-air" in 2k2... But deep hitting jump attack such as Ramon's jump D still beats it. My theory is that while B ralf kick can counter jump attacks that dont hit deep, such as Ryo jump C,its still vulnerable against cross-ups and deep hitting jump attacks.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Apr 20, 2006 22:34

Henvoke... Whee:

(corner) hcb+D> bcf+P (1 hit, juggle)> LDM

75% off an overhead :(

Looks like the LDM retains the all juggle property even if its cancelled into

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Apr 21, 2006 02:21

hmmm, was galactica phantom a sure juggle move anyway? i think the gattling attack might have allowed it to hit even if it wasnt sure juggle anyway in the air????

meh :P

but yeah, interesting quick shifting in that vid there..

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Apr 21, 2006 04:47

Pretty sure its a sure juggle, hence the Eliz DP+A> Larf GP combo. Problem is that there are limited circumstances where Ralf can take advantage of it.

Would be pretty crazy if his sweep was cancellable.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 04:50

Errr it can't combo off liz's DP A, it only combo's off a QS qcf,hcbA DM

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Apr 21, 2006 05:00

I think the way the LDM Galactica Phantom in that vid was a TRUE juggle. From what I can tell, you coulda done his Horse Mounted Vulcan Punch (qcb, hcf + K) off the thing and it would've juggled. The only reason why this combo works is how the Galactica Phantom gains the omgwtf speed from the charge bk, f + P.

Unless that Elizabeth/Ralf QS vid (that I haven't gotten to see yet) totally proves me wrong. D:

Edit: Hey, I noticed Larf seems to be able to set up an Unblock, err, infinite Unblockable. Seems like there's enough stun from the first unblock (that can be comboed off of normal means) to allow a fully charge up unblock to hit agen, and agen, and agen.

Anyone can confirm?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Apr 21, 2006 08:14

J]-[UN wrote:Errr it can't combo off liz's DP A, it only combo's off a QS qcf,hcbA DM
Ack, you're right. Meh, somehow I've been under the impression all the while that the combo was off the dp+A.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 16:29

The timing is really tight, but yes it can be done.

Ralf LDM is a juggle move...did it after a b,f C ended and it still hit the opponent

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:09

Iie-Kyo wrote: Edit: Hey, I noticed Larf seems to be able to set up an Unblock, err, infinite Unblockable. Seems like there's enough stun from the first unblock (that can be comboed off of normal means) to allow a fully charge up unblock to hit agen, and agen, and agen.

Anyone can confirm?
Its possible,I did 3 straight mini-galactica phantoms. After you've got ur opp chracter KOed,setting up for another mini-galactica phantom in the corner is pure no brainer....I got hit out of it 100% of the time...mostly you'll eat dwn B,dwn a combos

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Mon Aug 28, 2006 13:38

dont know whether if this was posted before but here goes...

Eliz-Ralf:

when you do Eliz's dp DM, qs to ralf, dp A/C, hcb D, b f C, DC to LDM... nice... when doing ralfs b f C move, you can also qs to Eliz back and LDM...

Ralfs hcb D seems to connect from certain moves, for eg. Ralfs dp A/C (if done high enough), Eliz's dp A, and Kyo's qcf A, hcb B (when done correctly, opp will be high in the air)

The best is still Eliz's dp A and her dp DM as it can be done anywhere...give it a try...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Apr 08, 2007 17:50

After Ralf's b_f A (near corner) SC to LDM.

This combo proves that Ralf's LDM is a sure juggle move.

Edit: mistake in combo.
To test whether it is legit or not, try QSing on the last hit of the b_f A. You would see that apart from sure juggle moves, nothing would hit.