Benimaru Nikaido (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed May 24, 2006 17:13

he's had down B, raikoken since 2k1 actually.....but raikoken MAX couldnt combo back then

and surprisingly, as shown by one of the guys at my arcade, random spamming of hop/jump Ds, Es, crouching b combo and good punishing is all it takes to play beni.....so he's still scrub friendly in that sense :(

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu May 25, 2006 00:11

You forgot to mention the awesome zoning power of far B. And let us not forget that stupid, stupid hitbox on the jumping B that allows an early h-hop b to pass right through you and only finally hit from behind. Beni players in general are too busy playing safe to discover that and I haven't seen it used for eons.

O.T.: I would have though the criteria for a 'scrub' char would have been easy hit-confirms into wonder-combos, simple super cancels (they are both easy and have more than enough window) and a move to just keep using when you are stuck for ideas. Beni passes with ease. Safety, acceptable range and a suprisingly high damage output make him strong.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Thu Jun 15, 2006 04:23

I want to say something about Beni... he's quite difficult to play against if a skilled player uses him.

First of all, his air drill kick will hit full hits on CROSSUP (meaning that you can high jump and drill kick from behind).

Second, and most important, you can j.D, s.C, f+B, qcb+D (all hits) XX qcb,qcb+K finally.

I don't remember, but I think he could never juggle his Genei Hurricane after the Shinkuu Kakategoma before (or at least, that the Shinkuu Kakategoma's juggle properties would never allow for the full hits to connect).

This combo can do about 50% damage. Not bad.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:49

He's much much weaker in the air now... I think I had a lot more trouble against him in 2k2.

I usually like to put Beni first and chip away with shin-ku-ka-ta-te-ga-ma until opponent gets a power stock.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Fri Jun 16, 2006 00:28

J]-[UN wrote:He's much much weaker in the air now... I think I had a lot more trouble against him in 2k2.

I usually like to put Beni first and chip away with shin-ku-ka-ta-te-ga-ma until opponent gets a power stock.
If I wanted a lesson in Japanese I'd go to the Nihongo board. :(

Anyways, why would you want the opponent to get a power stock?

Oh wait, I think I got that one. :LOL:

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Fri Jun 16, 2006 00:52

Well i'm glad it makes sense to you coz it makes no sense at all to me. :oops:

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Fri Jun 16, 2006 01:22

If it's what I think it is, the opponent gains a stock automatically when he loses a character.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri Jun 16, 2006 01:28

It's more like it's nigh impossible for you to deny your opponent of getting even one stock ever for the entire game. Before your opponent has a stock, he really does have no other option than to block all hits of Beni's Shinkku kakategoma, but if your opponent has a stock, he can just guard cancel E attack you away, or better yet, guard cancel roll and hit you while you're still in the recovery frames of the Shinkku kakategoma.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Fri Jun 16, 2006 04:26

That makes a LOT more sense than what I said. lol

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Jun 17, 2006 17:53

Perfect Stranger wrote:It's more like it's nigh impossible for you to deny your opponent of getting even one stock ever for the entire game. Before your opponent has a stock, he really does have no other option than to block all hits of Beni's Shinkku kakategoma, but if your opponent has a stock, he can just guard cancel E attack you away, or better yet, guard cancel roll and hit you while you're still in the recovery frames of the Shinkku kakategoma.
hmm, i think u are refering to beni's breakdance spin kick move....anyway if beni does the D version, you cant block and then do forward evasion roll as you would get hit by the rest of the move. You can only counter E, or evade roll backwards.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Jun 17, 2006 18:01

Nonsense. Block until around the 4th-5th hit, forward roll = dead Beni.

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 20:22

Moriya wrote:Duo Lon is also after Ron. Ron basically betrayed the Hizoku Clan, so every Hizoku is after his head, which includes both Lin and Duo Lon.

In their KOF2003 intro, Benimaru attacks Duo Lon because he mistakens him for Ron. But now it seems that, after things get cleared up, they decide to team up to go after Ron (I can only imagine that he has taken Ron for his enemy too after befriending Lin in KOF2000).

Maybe Duo Lon could have been Ron's student, or something like that in the past, since they all come from the same clan. But now they're enemies. Duo Lon was clearly after Ron in his KOF2003 ending.
I agree....but can someone tell me what's up with this:

Image[/img]

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Mon Jul 10, 2006 21:35

Isn't that just the infamous HK comic? Pay no attention to it, it's not canon or anything AFAIK. Also, maybe I'm wrong but there's high chances that's just Ron burning the HIzoku Village or some such shite.
To stay on topic, any good characters to put Benimaru on a team with? Someone whom he can benefit from?

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Thu Jul 13, 2006 16:46

Could it be the case that qcb+B makes a good throw setup when blocked?? :D

Because B-version pulls in the opponent on block he is right next to you and frame advantage seems to be on Benimaru's side then, which allows for a throw :D

I'm not entirely sure. Try it please.

--Blast

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Jul 16, 2006 05:21

actually, i think benimaru is at a disadvantage, since whenever i blocked qcb B and i try to throw, it always shows benimaru breaking the throw, but im still not entirely sure.....