Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Thu Jun 29, 2006 21:54

I just posted some combos for Ryo, here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGaeN54fY4

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:37

Good B&B combo video. Still like the fact that it doesn't take much to learn his B&B, you can go straight to figuring out his mixup game after maybe one session of practicing his stuff. :D

Note to viewers of the video: the dwn B, dwn C may not always work perfectly against some characters. Ralf and Clark are actually kinda big, so a lotta stuff "hits" easier on them. Stick with the dwn C for combos (especially against small shits like Malin) unless you need the extra damage or the high-low game.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:22

about the dwn B>dwn C i know that ralf is a big guy lol, it was just for exibition, if you jump skip the dwn B but if you are already on the ground start with dwn B any of the combos so your opponent will take the habit to block low and when it happen use fwr+A>Qs.

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:inb4 lol
Currently Playing:KOF 2k2 UM & BB CS
XBL:hecrob

mmmm

Post by Vastago » Sat Jul 15, 2006 07:47

mmm well i cant find a good moment to use the new move (hcb~f + B/D)

its sooooo slow .... sometimes.. normal players will try to block it... then i just SC into the ranbu DM... but good players usually roll the move and i end up eating a combo....

the only moment that i find suitable to use this move is when someone is about to enter to the screen AND you are near the corner.... but in a normal game... or rush down you wont be able to use it...

does somebody knows abot a good moment to use this move... ???

and what about the other new move? (hcf + B/D) ... its fast but the range its not that good...

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Sat Jul 15, 2006 08:54

i only find that the best way to use hcb f D is when an opp is down or when you use dp B...its the best time to use it but opp still can roll...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Jul 15, 2006 18:56

Apart from stunning the opponent, Ryo's LDM has another property.

It apparently reverses and returns the damage of singular hit moves it countered in addition to its base damage.

Although personally I have not tried it on Shen Woo Punch nor Galactica Phantom yet. XD

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Vastago » Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:03

so it stills has the "counter property" but this time it depends on what move its countering... so if you somehow counter Ralfs GP then Ryo WINS XD mmmmm

interesting.... indeed... interesting..... =P

Violent Ryo
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Violent Ryo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 06:10

About Ryo's new hcb, f+K move. Upon first learning of it, I was hoping it would be Ryo's version of Takuma's Haoh Shikou'ken.

I borderline spammed Takuma's shikouken in every game it was in. A very fun move.

But in XI, this isn't quite it. I guess Ryo hasn't mastered it yet and no you cannot spam this move, much to my dismay.

However, I have gotten both light and strong versions of this move in- vs games and most times I did manage to SC into both DMs, and LDM.

The move requires some serious anticipation and timing skills.

I'm not a high level player, but it is possible to use this move effectively.

The easiest moment to time, is when you 'DOWN!' an opponent and are waiting for next character to come in. If timed right, there is nothing he/she can do but eat whatever Ryo decides to do.

I use the light version as random pokes but maybe once or twice a match.

Only strong version guard crushes.

All in all, I like it but I hope a better version comes in the next game.

About the LDM property. Good news.

So this move can be used against Kyo's punch DM and Silber's LDM.

How about a list of moves this counter property will work against?

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Tue Jul 18, 2006 20:13

about the weak version of hcb,f+K it does 50 units of guard damage so you can use it when you already work on the guard gauge of your opponent, before the life start flashing then the GC is guaranted.
in the corner if you dont have any skill point you can do hcb,f+K > GC > far stand A > qcb+B, your opponent cannot block at all, doesnt take much life but it will piss off the opponent.

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Vastago » Wed Jul 26, 2006 06:28

ok... so today i went to my new local arcade and i got owned.... BADLY.... by a Kyo-Oswald-Kim team.....

This guy kept owning me with Kyo.... even when i had ryo as my leader...

ill desccribe a situation...

Eiji is owned... so ryo has to come out (yeah thats part of my team...) Kyo jumps and i somehow eat a crossover sandwich @_@

then in another fight it happens again... ryo is about to come out , kyo is trying a crossover... i do a Dp + P and i fail @_@...

in another fight i tried an AB roll.... with no luck...

and in another one i tried to block... and i didnt fail =) but he GCd me @_@

so yeah... how can i handle this violent kyo @_@???

he wont let me jump and i dont know why i always end up eating an air B/D

and i wont mention oswald or Kim.... they are horrible =(

help....

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Wed Jul 26, 2006 19:15

standing A a lot, if you see kyo about to jump, just DP A version.

and rush him down. Kyo sucks when cornered/rushed in

when he attempts to crossover you (i guess that with a jumping B) just forward roll and pwn him

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Jul 26, 2006 21:50

Against jumping opponents, C uppercut is almost always the superior option. In fact, the only time you ever want to use A Uppercut is against far pokes, low hitting wake ups (e.g., Kula d.B) which will beat or trade a C Uppercut, or when you want the 'instant' hit.

Btw, is it just me or does C Haoshokoken have limited invulnerability. I've had fists go through me before during the 'firing' animation.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Wed Jul 26, 2006 22:38

that will explain why it starts slowly than the A version, i will try that ASAP

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Jul 27, 2006 01:42

Facing Kyo hop.B pressure on down is a fact of life in vs play.

Theory fighter on how you can always beat it is great but you are just going to have to face more of it to be able to see the subtle mixup. Normal block, crossup block, roll or poke are all options depending on how early it is done and from where. Best advice to start off with would be to probably just hold back towards the corner you pop out from, and if the hop looks deep then switch to the other direction regardless of what he does. Don't come out with a counter-attack already in mind. Once you are more confident then attempt a roll if the hop is late coming out. Eating the hop/run crossup after down will happen a LOT until you see it better and don't try to force the pace by attempting a counter to it. Thats vs play, pure and simple.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Thu Jul 27, 2006 21:00

one thing strange with Ryo is he can no longer combo a LDM off of standing close C, but he CAN from crouching C and standing close D

weird heh?