Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:inb4 lol
Currently Playing:KOF 2k2 UM & BB CS
XBL:hecrob
mmm....

Post by Vastago » Sat Jul 15, 2006 07:14

yeah.... well ive been using her lately....

and i dont think that she is strong against characters like Iori, or Kasumi...

what i mean is that elisabeth has a "good" air D but Iori, kasumi, shingo and Kyo "negate" my elisabeth.... i cant jump against them... also i cant rush down with her... i just dont feel comfortable doing that with elisabeth... i use her as a "punish" character using her counter a lot, and her dp A/C (yeah that moves are great if used correctly...) ...

a reason why i dont rush down a lot with her is because i feel that she is soo tall =S

well tall for a girl...

well... any good advise?

btw her LDM its just AMAZING for chip damage hehehe

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Tiamat » Sat Jul 15, 2006 19:22

I don't play very aggressively with her either usually. I don't really like her jump in attacks...I do not think they are good. :(

I mostly play keep away and try to spam out qcf+P to build super meter. If they block it(good tick damage btw) I like to backdash afterwards. Her d+B is also very spammy and her d+D is cancelable into specials. I don't usually bring her in until I have two super meters. Just having stock for her LDM should cause your opponent to be very careful with his attacks and jump less since your LDM will beat out damn near anything. This makes it easier to land her command grab super(which is very good IMO). Also once you hit an LDM you get an untechable KD so you can run in and try to land 6B(overhead), a low, or her command grab DM.

I'm still not sure what her best anti air is if you don't have your LDM. I assume it is dp+A but I'm not sure. Maybe use her reversal?

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Sat Jul 15, 2006 19:28

Tiamat wrote:her d+D is cancelable into specials.
Since her Rush DM has the juggle anywhere property, can you combo it from a d+D like other abusable LDM's?

Another question: how good/bad is her LDM when damage scaling takes effect?

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 03:44

For some reason I can't. Dunno why.

Her LDM seems to be affected by damage scaling very little.

btw...I can't seem to SC into any super but her LDM from qcfP...can she not do it or am i messing up timing?

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Vastago » Sun Jul 16, 2006 06:46

So you mean....

dD ~ (btw thats cancel into for me =P) hcf, hcb + A/C its possible?

or

dD ~ LDM !!!

thats sick @_@....

:o

Elizabeth can be very dominant...

this is how i try to be dominant ...

first land a Dp C (thats the one that wont let the opponent do a recovery roll.. right?)

push your opponent to the corner and do a back dash

now you have your opponent where you want him... now your options are...

* use sE ~ qcf + A/C.....if opponent blocks... jump in the same place and do E, land and do sA... after that do another qcf + A/C (that move is great at the right distance it can be rolled over and it does great tick damage) after that its all about pressure game.. just dont jump towards the opponent...

* get really close and before the opponent gets up do hcb x2 + A/C if done correctly the last frames of the DM should grab the opponent....

* (this is my favourite) hop towards the opponent and do a really deep E (really deep.. that means that the animation for the move will appear but it wont finish.. you get it? its a fake attack =P) then... crouching B into your favourite combo... or pressure mind game....

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:14

Nah you misunderstood. d+D doesn't give us a thing sadly.

dp+C is the slow one. It does not have untechable KD. However dp+A does...and that combos after a dp+C(and a lot of other stuff). I agree with you though...I think she has good corner pressure.

I hate her jump moves though. Every other character I use has like 2 or 3 jump moves better than any of hers. Her jump D seems good for air to air but for air to ground I got nothing. I still can't figure out which move to use. None of them are that good for hitting crouchers. I'm wondering if you might be able to use her jump B for crossups though...

Your hop E trick sounds nice so I'll try that. Maybe do close B instead of 2B since you get a stronger combo from it.

A couple tricks to hit the LDM:
do standing E...if it is blocked...wait and then do LDM
LDM blocked > do it again...obviously this takes 4 meters though

I've landed those against a few people. Faking vulnerability is great.

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

:O

Post by Vastago » Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:26

mmm 4 meters @_@ ....

wow... thats a lot.. but its a possible scenario....

for cross ups.. i usually use air B ... thats (i guess) the best air to crouching opp move of elizabeth...

btw... her forward + A its a very good move... (the bitchslap XD)... i usually poke using that move... i also use it when the opponent is trying to rush me down.... somehow its effective because its fast...

i dont remember if the move itself can knock down an air opponent....

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:45

I'm not particularly fond of spending too many stocks, hoping I might hit something. I always try to DC if I want to make absolutely sure I want to hit the LDM, or include it in a combo.

Just jump D, stand C, f+B, f+A, LDM usually does it or instead of the LDM do qcf,hcb+P, then DC into the LDM (since the DM was cancelled into, the window for DCing is much larger, but you might miss the LDM if you time it wrong... nothing practice can't fix).

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 19:49

Yes, I agree it's not terribly wise to blow 4 stocks knowing you might only get tick damage but it's just one of those things I may try in a casual match if I've got a nice lead.

Something I don't think has been brought up yet is Elizabeth's good ability to inflict guard damage. I'm not talking about her great tick damage from 236P or her LDM her either. I mean guard crush. And a guard crush guarantees your LDM. iirc 5 of your DPs blocked will cause a guard crush. I've still gotta try this but I wonder if linking standing E into your DPs would do a sick amount of guard damage...

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sun Jul 16, 2006 20:06

That's interesting. I wonder if the last dp can be SCd into her LDM...

*runs to check*

[edit: Yes.]

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 14:30

I believe standing E is crap!

Do you guys really utilize this for anything???

And to land 5x dp+P with the opponent doing nothing in between except guarding is that really possible? And does it really guard crush after 5 moves?

Apart from dp+C startup invincibility what are the other properties of the two dp+P moves? Didn't somewhen someone mention some other special property of dp+A? I don't recall what it was....

--Blast

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue Jul 18, 2006 17:00

stand E does a buttload of dmg if it does hit though....

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 06:04

You don't have to do the 5 DPs in rapid succession...the guard meter will stay damaged...so overtime it's quite possible to break their guard with this move(especially if doing standing E into DPs on block does a ton of guard damage like I'm hoping). Yeah her E is like the slowest E I can think of...but it's not impossible to land by any means...and if it does good guard damage than might as well use it to jack their guard guage. At least the range on it is really big right?

I haven't played in a couple days cause I've been practicing other games but I'll look into it soon.

Both DPs have the property of going under "high moves" like say...Kula's standing A...

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Aug 19, 2006 22:50

- Didn't know this until I saw it in a combo vid, but her Uppercut super can juggle after her qcf+P.

- qcf+P is awesome (just like Kasumi's) in the corner, due to its high blockstun and fast recovery. After a blocked C (1 hit) > qcf+P, Elizabeth recovers with a slight frame advantage. If try to stick out anything, another stand C will beat them= combo.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Sat Aug 19, 2006 23:32

That is qcf+A that is awesome when the opponent is cornered. Even rolling out of multiple qcf+A's when trapped is really hard. qcf+C is nowhere near as good.