Elizabeth (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Elizabeth (XI)

Post by The Green Herring » Fri Jun 10, 2005 23:50

Talk about the French (?) girl with the horse whip here.

minimint
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by minimint » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:15

Hair style suits the riding crop perfectly! :D Shall be my replacement for Leona. lol, wonder how would she lead Duolon and Beni? Interesting team, lol. 8)

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Tue Jun 21, 2005 05:19

I agree, this is a very interesting team, i don't think she's a Hizoku member

minimint
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by minimint » Tue Jun 21, 2005 08:26

She should have something to do with Ash. Heard Ash and this gal have a special intro. :D

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 01:25

Isn't she from France, too?

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Mon Jun 27, 2005 02:51

And we also heard that she has a projectile DM similar to Ash's, but white... I wonder what the connection between them is?

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Mon Jun 27, 2005 04:36

Wow.. that combo is weird. She has a whip.. then a projectile?. (Then again.. Haohmaru and some SNK sword weilders... )

:P

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Xenogias » Mon Jun 27, 2005 05:02

Are there any pictures of her in-game?

She sounds like an interesting character, but if she plays anything like Whip im probably not goinna give her a shot. I just dont like Whip's fighting style, really uncomfortable for me, I'd rather use my fist :P

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode

Post by Monpochi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 08:58

Ya, i feel that too. Maybe that's because most of us tend to use the close range charas anyway... :/

minimint
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by minimint » Fri Jul 08, 2005 09:07

It seems she uses her fist in conjunction with her riding crop. She can produce some sort of wihte light (with her fist )during fighting.
Pls be relaxed about that riding crop. :D A riding crop is not really a whip. More like a short sword I will say.( You can get a clear pic of that from her character portrait.) So the hiting range won't be that long. :wink:

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Tue Aug 23, 2005 02:02

Can we get a translation of her profile (now posted on the official site) from someone who knows what they're doing, please? Frankly, some of the kanji are just too small for me to make out, so I'm at a loss.

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode

Post by Monpochi » Tue Aug 23, 2005 05:25

I'm particularly interested on why she has/or how she got her power.

john_kezy
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by john_kezy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 13:57

Monpochi wrote:I'm particularly interested on why she has/or how she got her power.
exactly... how to use it and how handle it........

i like her special.....dm.

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Tue Nov 15, 2005 13:29

I'm really enjoying the new characters (Momoko's qcf + Ax3 so kawaii!). I don't actually know the full move listing so what I'm listing here is just from the movelist found on the cabinet and my own trial and error

Command moves:
fwd + A
fwd + B

Specials:
qcf + A/C
dp + A/C
qcb + B/D

DMs:
qcf,hcb + A/C
hcbx2 + A/C

LDM:
qcfx2 + E

* fwd + A is a pretty fast slap which can be cancelled into anything, the recovery is so fast that you can link a normal afterwards. Can combo from light attacks

* fwd + B she "stabs" opponent with her ... whatever she uses. Good range and can be cancelled from heavy attacks and can be comboed into special / DMs etc

* qcf + A/C is her short ranged projectile attack. Does 3 hits regardless of the strength just the button determines the speed? Can combo from light attacks ... good chip as well?

* dp + A/C looks like Makoto's (SF3:3s) dp + P just that Elisabeth moves forward before doing it and it has frontal hit box. Once hit the opponent goes launching into the air but I don't think you can juggle afterwards (I tried ... many times). However this move is rather useful for a safe shift / change as the opponent can't safe fall from it and you recover before they land

* qcb + B/D is a counter attack which I haven't fully figured out yet. Whenever I tried to use the B version the opponent never hit me or maybe it was air / special move based but with the D version if the opponent hits her she will transport to their back but they seem to recover from that pretty quick and you seem to have some lag after doing it as well so I'm not sure if you can include it into some sort of feint game?

* qcf,hcb + A/C does a dp and then jumps into the sky and hits the opponent with her (whip?) which sends them slamming down to the ground. Damage is ok but nothing spectacular

* hcbx2 + A/C is unblockable and it does pretty damn good damage by itself (I noticed that the damage scaling in this game has changed quite a bit from the previous KOFs ... the scaling reminds much of the MvC2/3s system)

* qcfx2 + E is like a multi-hit fireball LDM. Damage is pretty decent

Normal attacks
- Jump A is damn good as air-to-air anti-air
- Jump B looks like Whip's Jump B
- Jump D is pretty fast but it comes out on more of a 90 degree angle so can be used as an a-to-a aa
- Close C does two hits, both of which can be cancelled into whatever
- Crouching A lacks some range so at times you can do (jump in -> Crouching B -> Crouching A)

* Combos
- Close C (1hit) -> fwd + A -> Standing A -> qcf + A
- Crouching B -> Crouching A -> qcf + A
- Crouching B -> Crouching A -> fwd + A -> qcf / dp / DM / LDM etc
- Close C (1 or 2 hits) -> fwd + A (1hit only) / fwd + B -> qcf / dp / DM / LDM etc

hebretto
Neomaxxing
A.K.A.:Free HUGS!!!
Currently Playing:2D fighting games
XBL:hebretto

Post by hebretto » Wed Nov 16, 2005 03:03

Went through all my (limited) XI videos and in the XI trailer I saw that Elisabeth did fwd + B -> fwd + A so not sure if that works or was it actually Standing A (which means both command attacks has fast recover) ... also in the video she did her LDM after a 10/13 hit combo so I don't know if she has the ability to do such a combo or was it from a quick shift ...