Elizabeth (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Sun Aug 20, 2006 16:32

Vastago wrote:yeah.... well ive been using her lately....

and i dont think that she is strong against characters like Iori, or Kasumi...

what i mean is that elisabeth has a "good" air D but Iori, kasumi, shingo and Kyo "negate" my elisabeth.... i cant jump against them... also i cant rush down with her... i just dont feel comfortable doing that with elisabeth... i use her as a "punish" character using her counter a lot, and her dp A/C (yeah that moves are great if used correctly...) ...

a reason why i dont rush down a lot with her is because i feel that she is soo tall =S

well tall for a girl...

well... any good advise?

btw her LDM its just AMAZING for chip damage hehehe
I'd recomend her jumping B. Comes in at a very steep angle. Keeps you close, good for mix-ups and tick throws. And due to it's steep angle and small hit box it can be hard to AA properly. Both jumping B & D can cross-up, but neither is remotely consistent as a cross-up. You can hyper-hop bacnk n forth A, C, D, E as pokes or for keep away. They all work best as that or as air-to-air attacks
Slapper Joe wrote:That is qcf+A that is awesome when the opponent is cornered. Even rolling out of multiple qcf+A's when trapped is really hard. qcf+C is nowhere near as good.
yes but if qcf + C connects on a cornered opponent, you can juggle with a qcf, hcb + P and no it is not a super cancel :D

and for the record for ppl who don't/didn't know (like my n00b ass) you can juggle with a qcf, hcb + C after connecting a dp + A. Someone at SRK proved me wrong about it and made me look like an ass. Once again, just a juggle no SC neccessary

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sun Aug 20, 2006 17:52

G-Product wrote: yes but if qcf + C connects on a cornered opponent, you can juggle with a qcf, hcb + P and no it is not a super cancel :D
I'm not sure you fully understand why we think her qcf a on a cornered opponent is so good: It leaves the Elizabeth player with *significant* frame advantage. After a C (1 hit), qcf a, you recover fast enough that you can do another C before nearly anything the opponent can do. If he even tries something, most of the time the Elizabeth player will win, and hit the opponent. From there, you can connect any damn combo you want. This self-resetting trap (i.e. if the opponent doesn't do anything just do qcf a again, and repeat ad nauseum) is far superior to a chance for a random qcf C to hit.
G-Product wrote: and for the record for ppl who don't/didn't know (like my n00b ass) you can juggle with a qcf, hcb + C after connecting a dp + A. Someone at SRK proved me wrong about it and made me look like an ass. Once again, just a juggle no SC neccessary
As covered a few pages back, when her uppercut super (both versions, I believe) is *not* cancelled, it has the universal juggle property, but cannot be QSed out of. When it *is* cancelled, it loses the universal juggle property, but gains the QS ability.

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Mon Aug 21, 2006 03:29

will sorry for my n00biness. Sides I'm too damn lazy to read this whole thread lol

Sonic_e7
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Sonic_e7 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 16:39

Hmm, hello this is Sonic_e7, just to inform you guys, i did a test on elizabeth qcf+A at corners, if u perform a one hit s.C,qcf+A, it is possible to normal roll if you try another s.C, how ever, elizabeth is fast enough to do s.A qcf+A instead, after which u will be further away from ure opponent, you can either hop and start the loop again or wait for them to roll and smash stand A, stand A will hit 3 times, den follow by f+A,dp+A, dm if u want...