Duck King (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Tue Feb 28, 2006 15:26

btw what is the correct motion for ducks break spiral?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 17:03

Another good way to set up the break spiral, it's my RBS technique ^^

qcf A or C (distance), and just behind the oponent, BREAK SPIRAL!!!

One of my "secret techniques" if you make the combo ending with his deadly rave style DM... is instead of the finishing move (dp E), to delay, and grab with the break spiral the confused opponnent!! believe me, it'll work a lot of times

and when your opponent is bored, you can just reset with a A, and the same combo again ;)

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Feb 28, 2006 17:19

KC:

The motion for the Break Spiral is on the first page of the thread. :D
frionel wrote:Another good way to set up the break spiral, it's my RBS technique ^^

One of my "secret techniques" if you make the combo ending with his deadly rave style DM... is instead of the finishing move (dp E), to delay, and grab with the break spiral the confused opponnent!! believe me, it'll work a lot of times

and when your opponent is bored, you can just reset with a A, and the same combo again ;)
Damn. Wish I'd thought of that before. I guess this also means that if you screw up on the Beat Rush DM (hey, it happens) you can suddenly do the Break Spiral, and an embarressing screw up turns into a l33t mind game. :smile:

What are the set ups for using qcf+A or C to end up behind the opponent? I've been trying stand A (anti-hop)> qcf+A, but that doesn't seem to work. Or is it only against knocked down opponents?

I suppose another trick would be to do the qcf+A/C from just outside the max range then doing the Break Spiral just as you land. Its like HF Blanka redux!

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 19:01

AcidicEnema wrote:
I suppose another trick would be to do the qcf+A/C from just outside the max range then doing the Break Spiral just as you land. Its like HF Blanka redux!

sorry, I was sure that my bad english will make a trouble someday here ^^'

I dind't mean "behind", but "in front" :oops:

so as you say, it's on the maximum range of the qcf A/C

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 22:32

Well talking about behind. An air qcb+P that ends up behind the opponent will combo to break spiral/d.A on hit, or on block becomes a particularly nasty and zero-risk crossup.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed Mar 01, 2006 02:20

I've noticed 2 of the commands for Duck Dance follow ups are identical. Is this a mistake. I've seen the same on the GF movelist FAQ too.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Wed Mar 01, 2006 04:25

wtf???

BS for duck is only qcf ,uf,d+b/d...

while the incomplete movelist (the ones you stick) provided for the game is hcf,uf,d+b/d

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Mar 01, 2006 08:09

frionel wrote:Another good way to set up the break spiral, it's my RBS technique ^^

haha, i do that all the time..

sometimes after your rambu DM, if you choose not to do the follow up dp E, u can do down A (opponent can block) and do his knee slide, then Break spiral. you can also do this if the opponent blocks your flying attacks.

Say, Jump B/C/D (he blocks), Down A x2 (he blocks), knee slide. Break Spirial DM. Most of the time, they are still blocking.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Thu Mar 02, 2006 01:41

What's confusing me on this thread is that people are listing f+C as part of their standard chains however f+C isn't a command normal. Any info?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Mar 02, 2006 02:17

flipONE wrote:What's confusing me on this thread is that people are listing f+C as part of their standard chains however f+C isn't a command normal. Any info?
just press down A x 2, Stand B, foward + C in your combo.

it links into qcb B, or rush DM.

Just think of those weird combo moves in fatal fury when you keep press the buttons in a certain combination.. but in a simplified mechanism.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Mar 02, 2006 04:51

Actually, maybe f+A is really f+C or f+P?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Mar 02, 2006 05:30

f+C is not a command move.

If you do the d.A> s.B> f+C chain, when you hit f+C you get a punch with the far stand C animation that is cancellable, even though far stand C is normally not cancellable.

If you do the d.A>s.B> C chain, when you hit C, you get a sped up version of his f+A animation, that is not an overhead and lifts the opponent off the ground abit for a strange reel that the f+A doesn't normally do.

During both these chains, the stand B you get is neither his normal close stand B (a shin kick) or a far stand B (a floating upward kick), but rather a grounded version of his far stand B that is much more comboable.

Similarly, d.B> df+D gives you an upward split kick which lifts the opponent a bit, and is cancellable, setting him up for a juggle hit. However, df+D cannot be normally accessed as a command move.

d.A/d.D>df+ C allows you to cancel the jab/sweep into a Duck Feint (Ground) even though the Duck Feint (Ground) can only normally be done during a run.

All this sounds a bit complicated, but you'll catch on very fast once you start playing.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sat Mar 04, 2006 20:23

Ok, so I've got my practice down somewhat on d.A, st.B, f.C and it's fun as hell SCing into Rush DM. I haven't quite gotten the timing down into the break spiral instead of doing dp+E as a combo ender.

Also I've been having fun with:

Hop D, d.Ax2, d.D (1 hit), df.C, Break Spiral (on block)
d.Ax2, st.B, f.C, qcb+K, d, d (duck feint), j.A., d.B, st.B, d.D (1 hit), df.C (whatever).

Anyone have any comments on what Duck's good jump/hop moves are?

Can anyone list off what kind of invulnerability Duck has during moves? I'm pretty sure that hcb,f+P is pretty vulnerable to lows. Specials, Supers, whatever. Any auto-guards?

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 23:20

Got through with some matches today, and I'd have to say that Duck King freakin rules.

- dash, df.C (duck feint), Break Spiral owns peoples minds.

- d.A, d.B, f.C xx hcb,f+P (followup included) is fun as hell, I love crossing up with j.D to get the combo started.

- j.D is amazing Air to Air.

Has anyone tested to see if his LDM can be canceled after the end command of Beat Rush (hcb,f+P).

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 23:55

yes, and you can't

the only dreamcancel that he got, is to cancel the qcbx2 K follow up after the duck dance (d, d CDE)

but I don't know any super cancel... does somebody found super cancellable attacks?