Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Apr 06, 2006 18:09

AcidicEnema wrote:I haven't tested this out extensively, but the few times I've tried, I think his DP+B is non-recovery-rollable. Reason I'm not sure is because I think I've seen people recovery roll fron DP+D before, but never from DP+B.

So it seems that the standard set up a 'sure' d.C OTG roll would be j.A>s.B>f+C> DP+B or d.B*2>df+D> DP+B. Add jump attacks and extra jabs and shorts in the corner.

Btw, I might not be able to play much for the next month, but does anybody do this?:

(blocked) d.A*2> s.B> f+C> AB Roll> Break Spiral

Seems to be a pretty nasty setup to me, if alternated with blocked balls, if its possible.
Just tested today, and it doesnt seem like you can roll out of DP B.

j.A>s.B>f+C> DP+B connects, but the down C after that doesnt seem to hit unless opponent is in the corner as you are too far from him.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Apr 06, 2006 18:22

Derrick wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote:
j.A>s.B>f+C> DP+B connects, but the down C after that doesnt seem to hit unless opponent is in the corner as you are too far from him.
Not sure about hitting, but I've definately used the down C to switch sides with the opponent in mid screen, so at the very least, it can be used for confusion?

Edit:

Okay, upon further testing, I realised the problem is this.

If you do it at midscreen, its too late to hit him on the ground, which *isn't* the problem, since the aim is to replicate the wake up cross up roll> d.A>combo, on a consistent basis.

The problem is the distance, since even if you do it as late as possible, still won't do it late enough to hit him as he gets up, and if you do it too late you'll just do d+C. So a possible solution would be to d.A>s.B>f+C> DP+B> take 1 step back> d+C.

Which I tried once or twice, but wasn't able to get. Meh.

chaindrive
Is it a bot?

Post by chaindrive » Thu Apr 13, 2006 18:51

Is there a shortcut in performing f.a -> break spiral?
There's this one henvoke vid where he did the kara cancel in like a fraction of a second. Since holding a button then doing a command move doesn't cancel the move itself works with new kofs, I was just wondering how he did it.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Apr 13, 2006 20:16

No shortcut. Just immediately spin the joystick for the BS after hitting f+A. Its not easy but its not difficult either with practice.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Apr 14, 2006 21:12

d.B*2>df+D> dp+B is a much better set up for the cross up roll, cause of the distancing.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Apr 15, 2006 17:16

AcidicEnema wrote:d.B*2>df+D> dp+B is a much better set up for the cross up roll, cause of the distancing.
you can also d.A*2 (just do once if you stand the combo with jump C/D_, d.B, df+D, dp+B or qcb B (Needs to be in corner to hit)

has anyone managed to do this?

opponent in corner,

Jump D, down A x 2, down B, df D, d,d CDE, jump LDM? instead of doing the rising dm to dreamcancel...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:55

His LDM is actually not as versatile as I would have liked. I havent tried that method yet, but I did try to do it off a few QSs

Gato's qcf x2 P and Kula's qcb B fwd D

both which usually offers at least a free hit but offered nothing in the way of Duckie.

the shortcut is pretty simple if you knew about leonas, its just hcb, up, hcb E

so im guessing duck's LDM cant be used as such

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Apr 23, 2006 20:56

Yeah, funnily enough, the prohibition on tiger jumping shortcuts (ala, K' Air Min. Spike) doesn't seem to affect Duck at all. Ways of shortcutting the LDM are only limited by your creativity.

Ways that I've shortcutting the LDM:

- uf>hcb*2 + E / hcb*2>ub + E
- hcb>ub> hcb + E
- hcb> b> hcb + E / hcb*2> b + E (off a backhop)

On another note, if Iori is waking you up with a scum gale, and you do a wake up Break Spiral, you'll get grabbed. :-(

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Apr 30, 2006 08:31

I got the d+C OTG move to hit today! woot!

On another note, I was playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and found out about Duck King's d+C, d+C, qcf, uf+B combo. Is everyone SURE that the combo doesn't exist as an E button follow up? or maybe new command normals? I sure hope someone can find it.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Tue May 23, 2006 02:09

sigh it doesn't exist