Duck King (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:20

it looks exactly like his qcf a/c move except he does it on the ground...

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Mar 15, 2006 14:37

Thanks Slapper. Timely and accurate, as always.

Experimented with the roll a bit today. Observations:

- Distance of the roll is fixed. Roughly the same, I think as Duck's QCF+A roll.

- There are 2 ways it can hit the opponent. 1, if the opponent is on the ground, in which case you get 1 OTG hit, and end up on the otherside as he get's up. 2, if you do it too late and hit him as he's gotten up, which is what Slapper was talking about. It's also very possible to completely whiff the roll, but still take advantage of the quick side shift and get in a d.A.

- Because the distance is fixed, I'm guessing that there are specific set ups that one can do to get the 'wake up/cross up with ground roll'.

- I don't think its possible to do it if the opponent recovery rolls, so the question is if Duck has any non-recoverable knockdowns that'll set up the roll for free... gna experiment with dp+K as a combo ender tommorow.

- I couldn't get the roll to connect after his throw, which is a pity because the throw is unrecoverable. If anyone is able to do so, please post.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri Mar 17, 2006 17:01

AcidicEnema wrote:Thanks Slapper. Timely and accurate, as always.

Experimented with the roll a bit today. Observations:

- Distance of the roll is fixed. Roughly the same, I think as Duck's QCF+A roll.

- There are 2 ways it can hit the opponent. 1, if the opponent is on the ground, in which case you get 1 OTG hit, and end up on the otherside as he get's up. 2, if you do it too late and hit him as he's gotten up, which is what Slapper was talking about. It's also very possible to completely whiff the roll, but still take advantage of the quick side shift and get in a d.A.

- Because the distance is fixed, I'm guessing that there are specific set ups that one can do to get the 'wake up/cross up with ground roll'.

- I don't think its possible to do it if the opponent recovery rolls, so the question is if Duck has any non-recoverable knockdowns that'll set up the roll for free... gna experiment with dp+K as a combo ender tommorow.

- I couldn't get the roll to connect after his throw, which is a pity because the throw is unrecoverable. If anyone is able to do so, please post.
hmm, the ground roll is pretty risky to perform if it doesnt come out.. I got punished heaps when I got the timing wrong against grabing chars.. the down C comes out instead and i get grabbed when they "wake up".

tried doing it after rush Dm/qcb B/down D/jump E/Stand E/ all of which a recovery roll can be done, so bleh =(....

Maybe after the air slam...

btw, what combo do you guys do if you start with down B?

going to find out if Stand C, dp D combo does more damage then the normal down A combo ending with Qcb B.....

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Mar 18, 2006 08:40

Er. Ideally the combo from down B would be d.B>d.A>s.B>f+C> Special/Super

The d.B>d.A timing is a bit tighter than the rest since its a link, not a chain.

Personally, I'm lazy and I stick with d.B>s.B> f+C.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:03

It just occurred to me... what is DuckKing's supercancel? He doesnt seem to have one. (I bet i get corrected, but at least i'll find out the answer)

Coz its not qcb+K, i don't think its dp+K, and i really don't think its qcf+P. What's left?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:30

christensenray wrote:It just occurred to me... what is DuckKing's supercancel? He doesnt seem to have one. (I bet i get corrected, but at least i'll find out the answer)

Coz its not qcb+K, i don't think its dp+K, and i really don't think its qcf+P. What's left?
it's probably dp D.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Mar 29, 2006 17:36

Some combos with ducky

Corner :
JumpD, dwnBx2, dfD, duck dance DM, hcb Bx2 , on the first hit, tag in :

A) Oswald : hop back once, immediately qcfA, *pause* qcfB *pause* hcfE

B) Gato : qcbB, B x5 (doesnt seem to be able to juggle more then 5 times for some reason with any character) , then either standC/D , qcfx2 D DM

OR

qcfx2 A, on the first hit tag in ducky again, Duck dance, hcbX2 B, first hit tag in Gato and repeat (though the dmg at this point is...pathetic). Tagging in Oswald at this point is pretty useless cos his ACE won't hit since the height of the opponent is slightly higher when you do the hcbx2 B followup to duck dance. And you know how strict the ACE height requirements are :/

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Mon Apr 03, 2006 14:54

christensenray wrote:It just occurred to me... what is DuckKing's supercancel? He doesnt seem to have one. (I bet i get corrected, but at least i'll find out the answer)

Derrick wrote:it's probably dp D.
Actually he can't super cancel off any of his special moves other than Duck Feint (air).

He can also "Super Cancel" after his Duck Dance followups.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:59

no, his dp D is super cancellable, I already tried with his d, d CDE DM, and it perfectly worked...

but I don't see any utility...

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Apr 05, 2006 03:44

frionel wrote:no, his dp D is super cancellable, I already tried with his d, d CDE DM, and it perfectly worked...

but I don't see any utility...
there's only one that works but it's stupid, but it's possibly the only way you can do a combo which has a supercancel and LDM in it.

opponent in corner, dp D, supercancel d,d,CDE DM (this would hit completely), Jump LDM.

not sure if you can go stand D into dp D and then SC into taunt.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Apr 05, 2006 08:42

I haven't tested this out extensively, but the few times I've tried, I think his DP+B is non-recovery-rollable. Reason I'm not sure is because I think I've seen people recovery roll fron DP+D before, but never from DP+B.

So it seems that the standard set up a 'sure' d.C OTG roll would be j.A>s.B>f+C> DP+B or d.B*2>df+D> DP+B. Add jump attacks and extra jabs and shorts in the corner.

Btw, I might not be able to play much for the next month, but does anybody do this?:

(blocked) d.A*2> s.B> f+C> AB Roll> Break Spiral

Seems to be a pretty nasty setup to me, if alternated with blocked balls, if its possible.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:13

Thought about it before but never used it (cos I always put duck first if i get him and I rather use the skill stocks to QS)

Occasionally break spiral after a blocked C version ball though

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Thu Apr 06, 2006 03:17

not sure if it been mentioned before

but Duck's still have his kara cancel from RBS

f A [cancel the starting animation], break spiral DM

it's the only "Dm kara cancel" from a command move of all the game, a way for SNKP to proove that they really know how Duck was played before.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Apr 06, 2006 03:46

yup, apparently duck can cancel his f a without it even hitting...
about break spiral, you can tick thorw with it with almost anything...a blocked A-B string will position you for BS.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Apr 06, 2006 05:47

dammit guys. I mentioned the kara f+A thing one page back.

:-P

Its really good because its allows you to do standing/running Break Spirals without ticking/jumping/rolling.

Edit:

Oh yeah. Break Spiral after blocked C Ball. I think that's only possible in the corner, isn't it?