Duck King (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Mon Mar 06, 2006 00:18

Pretty sure the early frames of the dp+K are SCable.

Duck float is also technically a super cancel even though it doesn't hit. You can cancel it into LDM or super downwards roll, both are pretty much useless.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Tue Mar 07, 2006 08:30

Can you Duck Feint (air) any time during the dp+E finish of Beat Rush? if so that's a possible LDM combo.

i.e.
j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C xx hcb,f+P (follow up), dp+E (Duck Feint before the last hit), hcbx2 + E

or better yet, you don't even need the Beat Rush super... holy crap.

j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C, dp+B (Duck Feint), LDM.

gonna test this tomorrow.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 18:11

so how did your testing go?

still cant get duck's grab DM to come out of a qcf uf down motion...for me it always need to be a hcf...sheesh, but im liking this DM A LOT...tick with virtually anything (provided you are with-in range), except down d...then grab DM...

can even tick with jump b as somesone said before...

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Thu Mar 09, 2006 00:21

Unfortunately, no you cannot Duck Feint during his dp+K, or the dp+E finisher of his beat rush. So no LDM off of those. so after failing both of those tests, during play I noticed that you can duck feint his qcb+K after it hits, so I went for j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C, qcb+B, Duck feint (air), LDM. It didn't work unfortunately as the opponent clears the point of when the LDM can catch. I had to leave before I got to test out something that I thought of on the way out. could someone test out the D version of qcb+K, basically the combo I want to to test is:

j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C, qcb+D (1 hit), Duck Feint (air), LDM.

Now the theory behind how I think this should combo is that after the first hit of the qcb+K the opponent should be lifted into the air, if someone could Duck Feint before the 2nd hit goes through, as the air version someone could cancel straight into LDM. Now here are the two problems that I think will probably prove the theory wrong.

1. the qcb+D can't be canceled before the 2nd hit in the air goes through for the Duck Feint.
2. If qcb+K can't be canceled before the 2nd hit, than the Duck Feint CAN happen but the opponent will be too far for the LDM to catch.

Personally I think Duck is a poor leader. When I want damage with Duck I go for:

j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C xx hcb,f+P, A,A,B,A,C,C,D,C (no finisher), Break Spiral.

It only takes 2 stocks and 1 skill point, so the combo doesn't cost too much to pull off.

KC: don't think of it as qcf, uf,d+K, and don't think of it as hcf,uf,d+K. I've just been doing hcu,d+K (half circle up). What I noticed that sometimes if trying to do uf than down you run into the possibility of missing the timing of pressing the button to do the super. After some playing today I noticed that you don't need the 412 (back, down-back, down) of the hcf,uf,d+K that the machine or any faqs claim. So in short, qcf,uf,d+K IS the correct motion, but make sure that you're not rolling to do down-back and attempting the super.

Also KC you CAN tick with d.D =) just cancel into duck feint (df+C during d.D) after the first hit. BOOM free invincibility and you're moved even closer to punish them with break spiral.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Mar 12, 2006 16:34

From the latest Henvoke vids:

Duck can kara-cancel his overheard (f+A) into Break Spiral. No idea if he can cancel into anything else, but Overhead (kara)> Break Spiral looks l33t as hell and is probably the most useful cancel anyway. :D

[quote="flipONE"]
j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C xx hcb,f+P, A,A,B,A,C,C,D,C (no finisher), Break Spiral.

It only takes 2 stocks and 1 skill point, so the combo doesn't cost too much to pull off.
quote]

Er. Shouldn't that be 2 stocks and no skill.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Mar 12, 2006 19:41

no a skill point for the super cancel off of f+C.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Mar 12, 2006 19:56

isn't dA, sB, f+C just a normal chain? o_o

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Mar 12, 2006 20:26

yea but the super combo is d.A, st.B, f+C (SC) Beat Rush. Or am I missing something off of your question.

Oh and if anyone is interested:

(in corner) j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C (SC) Duck Dance (after 3rd hit), qcbx2+K, SC LDM

In the corner Duck Dance has juggle properties, the hits come out slow (so dance with Duck!) after the third hit you can whip out the Break Diver (qcbx2+K) which comboes quite easily into Duck's LDM.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Mar 12, 2006 20:36

I've seen it in match videos - it's not a super cancel, just a regular cancel. He doesn't flash when you do it.

You only use a skill stock when you cancel from a special move to a DM/LDM or from a DM to an LDM.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Sun Mar 12, 2006 21:39

that just made me quite happy. woot!

So can Duck do j.D, d.A, st.B, f+C, hcb,f+C (AABACCDC) QS anyone?

And that only costs 1 stock and 1 skill point? Someone update me!

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Mar 12, 2006 21:52

Nope. Beat Rush isn't QS-able.

Otherwise, Duck would be straight up A class (and not A/B) imo.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Mar 14, 2006 08:14

The d+C roll after knockdown can crossup someone on wakeup if timed just right. d.A, etc. will combo after this. Nasty, nasty stuff.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Mar 14, 2006 16:50

Er I've asked this before, but how *do* you guys get the d+C roll to even come out?

I've tried hitting d+C after connect the slide, the throw, the knee. Nothing. Do you do it right as they hit the ground? A while after? A lot after? Before?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Mar 15, 2006 00:23

Once they are fully grounded just d+C. So basically not straight away, not sure if it works at all if someone recovery rolls.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Wed Mar 15, 2006 02:13

what does the move even look like?