Duck King (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Duck King (XI)

Post by The Green Herring » Fri Jun 10, 2005 23:46

Talk all about the wonderful tanned, mohawked, avian-themed Lord of the (Break)Dance with the crazy super-throw command here.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:08

what are the chances of that duck/chick thing being there too? btw does he/she have a name?

Moriya
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by Moriya » Mon Jun 13, 2005 02:41

r3v3n4nT wrote:what are the chances of that duck/chick thing being there too? btw does he/she have a name?
It is there, in fact. :grin: It could be seen in one of those videos.

Mole
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Mole » Mon Oct 03, 2005 08:09

One of those videos? The only videos I know about online are the two matches and the AMS show video. Are there others that slipped under the radar on me?

Ever since I heard Duck King was going to be in KoF XI I was psyched. Now that I've seen the AMS video, I'm really excited. He looks to be a nice combination of Duck King with familiar moves from Real Bout, but with some differences in properties. He's still got the Duck Dance (and it showed him juggle a guy in the corner with it, something I don't think was possible in Real Bout, but then again I suck at Real Bout).

Also, did they make what used to be close C in RB2 (the short range kick upwards) into his "Thrust"? That's what it looks like to me. Both times I've seen it in the video, it appears that the other player is knocked down as if it were a CD/"Thrust" attack (cancelled into roll attack mid-screen, and cancelled into Duck Dance in the corner).

All this is just my speculation off one video, so in the end only time will tell. Can't wait to try out Duck King.

eadricng
Is it a bot?

Post by eadricng » Wed Nov 02, 2005 03:21

Hmm...anyone has a movelist for Duck? Was wonderin' how to finishing doin' his...DM...the...one that runs over and you have to press certain buttons to continue ...

Or generally any duck king move... :D

eadricng
Is it a bot?

:\

Post by eadricng » Sun Nov 13, 2005 16:40

Hmm...seems like nobody's interested in Duck King huh :(

Anyway, I've been using Duck King recently...I guess if anyone's interested to talk about DK.......leave a msg here..or pm me...or something..... *shrugZ*

Btw, DK's dream cancel can only connect from his qcb x 2 B from duck dance? or is there any other move that can cancel into his LDM?

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Tue Nov 15, 2005 09:28

Arcadia movelist....

Command Throws:
Rolling Neck Slew -> b/f+C/D when near opponent
N-Release Breaker -> U+C/D in air and near opponent (??)

Command Attacks:
Mad Spin Hammer -> f+A
Needle Row-> df+B
Choking Ball -> oppnent is down, d+C
Duck Feint (ground) -> when dashing, df+C
Duck Feint (air) -> In thr air, press d,d

Moves:
Headspin Attack -> qcf+P
Overhead Kick -> When Headspin Attack hits, press C
Flying Spin Attack -> In air, qcb+P
Dashing DIve -> qcb+K
Break Storm -> dp+K

DMs:
Break Spiral -> near opponent, qcf,uf,d+K
Beat Rush -> hcb,f+P
╘> follow with: A, A, B, A, C, C, D, C, dp+E
Duck Dance -> d,d+CDE (1)
Diving Punisher -> after 1, in air qcbx2+P
Rolling Punisher -> after 1 qcfx2+P
Dancing Caliper -> after 1 qcbx2+K
Break Hurricane -> after 1 acfx2+P

LDM:
High Pound Spiral -> In air and near opponent, hcbx2+E

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Tue Nov 15, 2005 14:48

SnapYak wrote: LDM:
High Pound Spiral -> In air and near opponent, hcbx2+E

Pretty much like Vice's HSDM Withering Atlas. I do hope at least can be comboable into any of his air moves, otherwise, will be quite useless and broken.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Nov 17, 2005 07:04

Thanks SnapYak. Been looking for DK movelist for the longest of times.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Nov 18, 2005 05:49

Combination attacks.
Stand A/B, B, C, F+C or DF D
Down B*2, DF D
Down A*2, DF C

(corner) Down B*2, DF D, down down CDE, Qcb*2 kick, Hcb*2 E.
Only known way to DC to Leader.

Mole

Post by Mole » Mon Nov 21, 2005 00:32

The Arcadia scans list two Dream Cancels for Duck.

Dancing Calibur (hits 3-6) -> High Bound Spiral
Break Hurricane (hits 4-5) -> High Bound Spiral

Both are follow ups to Duck Dance. Dancing Calibur is the one Empyrian mentioned (qcb x 2 + K), and Break Hurricane is qcf x 2 + K. Perhaps someone with machine access would be so inclined as to try it out?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Dec 06, 2005 19:37

Been playing quite a bit of Duck recently. My new favourite character in this game :D

The chain I've found myself using the most is: c.A> s.B> f+C

c.A can be done 2 times, maybe even three times if close, but I haven't tried 3. Can also do c.B instead of A, but A comes out a lot faster.

The chain can be followed with. 1) qcf+ A 2) qcb+B 3) dp+K 4) Rush DM

I believe dp+K is the most damaging none DM follow up. qcf+a is the safest. qcb+B you use if the opponent blocks and you want to continue pressuring, since it can be cancelled with Duck Feint (Air), into a jump A> Ground chain.

As you can imagine, this leads to some pretty nasty high low pressure chains. For example (opponent blocks) c.AX2> B> f+C> qcb+ b> Duck Feint (Air)> j.A (hits high)> d.B (hits low)> B> f+C....

Chain into Rush DM is easily one of the most damaging no skill stocks, 1 super stock combos in the game. Timing for the first 8 button presses is pretty liberal, you can do it fast or just the right timing. Timing for the DP+E is a bit tighter though. Do it after the last C, which is basically the animation for a d.C.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Thu Dec 08, 2005 01:08

Duck king has a weird sorta bug though.... when I do dwn a, stand b, fwd C into quick shift, sometimes it works fine but on people like oswald you cant, they just end up doing a weird recovery animation. Anybody else notice this?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Dec 08, 2005 13:10

LDM- He throws the opponent onto the ground, jumps down, and spinaroonies him really fast, with a bit of purple energy around.
- Break Hurricane can be Dream Cancelled into it, confirm.

I don't think he's worth using as a leader tho... I tried cancelling into the LDM off the DP+Ks and the qcb+K, but nothing, meh.

Duck's normals are not bad in general. Far stand C is a far poke (his old sliding chop). Stand D, he kicks forward with both legs while supporting himself with his arms, close, fast poke. His best normals, imo, however, are his d.A (starts all his chains, is fast, large hit box) and his d.C which is very similar to Terry's down C, maybe even faster.

CD is the headbutt.

Geese- I dunno. I never quick shift after the chain -_-'...

Doing the qcb+K into Duck Feint (Air) is pretty effective as a poke into insta-overhead. I think most characters can counter by jabbing/stand Cing you during the Duck Feint tho.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Dec 09, 2005 18:33

Duck Feint (ground) is pretty much a fast, extended roll. Its got scads of invulnerability, and fast (zero?) recovery. I Duck Feinted right into an Ash Kick Super before and recovered fast enough to block the rest of the hits.

Ground Feint also chains off d.A. Easy set up for the Break Spiral.

Break Spiral has very poor range. On the bright side, it recovers very very fast.

Anybody have any tips of anti-air? Seems to me that you never want to land in a position where Gato/Beni/Iori/Kula/Kyo, etc, can repeatedly hop attack you. If you do, there's nothing much you can do except break a stock, or hop backward and hit B/D and hop for the best.