K' (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 05:00

to answer Iie-kyos question, i think you can do a max of three MS after a df d, with the first MS being a direct cancel from df d, then the other two are the jump and MS methods...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Apr 13, 2006 17:44

Geese wrote:His LDM actually has the same properties as his jump qcb +K. It has a combo anywhere property

some situations I have used it in

jump +E -> LDM (can do jump +E twice on counter into LDM)
jump qcb +K -> LDM
LDM -> LDM (works midscreen, after first LDM hits, do the second LDM in the opposite direction)
I always thought that Jump E attacks aren't juggleable since the falling down animation is different....

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Apr 13, 2006 20:48

How good is K' as a QS starter? I usually send him out first to battery for my leader, so it'd be nice to have some setup by which I could switch to the leader once I have enough meter.

I was thinking maybe his dp+C, but I don't know if the hitstun is long enough.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Fri Apr 14, 2006 02:57

hmmm I don't think he's a good QS stater... I use him as a finisher, since his B'n'B combo can work from any distance (thx to the far sC canceled ^^), and the damage than he can do easily (and he charge super meter inside of his combo)

But if you really want to keep this position, you can use :

Jump C, C, f B [QS] .....

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Apr 14, 2006 05:16

I don't like fwdB because it tends to miss crouching opponents, and fwdA has really short range....

If you really want to qs with him I suggest qcfx2 B DM

Theres a way to get a huge number of minute spikes, especially after LDM.
Do a shadow hop backwards (d,db,b,ub) then immediately input (d,db,b)+B,
K' will land the first minute spike really high up but still recover very fast. I managed to do 4 minute spikes after the LDM with the opponent still quite high in the air so I think more than 4 is possible.

As for after dfD, the most I managed to do were 3 MS in total, though 4 should be possible (since the 3rd one hits the opponent very low but around the same height as the 2nd).

4gotten_kazama
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by 4gotten_kazama » Wed Apr 19, 2006 18:17

What Ive been doing lately is doing cB,cA into D/f D if blocked air fireball if thet try and trip you do heavens driveanything else you do heat drive. Its really good cause it forces people not to move and pressure is persistant

I cant remeber but if you hit someone w/d/fDinto air minute can you get the followups afterward out of the corner.

End Transmission

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue May 23, 2006 17:00

Managed to do FIVE air minute spikes today after a qcfA, fwdD in the corner... I think its actually possible to do it as an infinite , the StandA after qcfA, fwdD has to hit the opponent when he is really high, then the first minute spike must be very low , but hitting the opponent when his character is about the same height as it was during the standA...

My 2nd and 3rd minute spikes (which were really low to the ground) kept hitting the opponent at almost the same height as the first, with the 4th and 5th being subsequently lower :(

I think some characters fly slightly higher than others too...I seem to be able to pull off 4 MS on Shion / Ramon / a couple others I cant remember offhand (rather) consistently

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed May 24, 2006 01:47

Man, I'm having a hell of a time TKing (or "manually") doing the Minute Spike off the ground to do the air sure juggle version. Execution seems very stringent, and I still don't get how exactly the TKing is done, even with the discussion we had a few pages back.

Do you just manually press u and immediately input the MS motion?

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Wed May 24, 2006 03:23

Maybe i should upload a vid showing a user in a match have no problems using the TK => Minute spike,and he abuse it non stop.

EDIT:Here it is..
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWOP7BKN

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed May 24, 2006 06:35

Yes, I just tap up then quickly do qcb B....you dont have to be fast tapping up, its the qcb B you need to input fast (almost immediately after tapping up)

You can even do air minute spike after poking a mid air opponent anywhere in the screen (eg stand A or a hop B hit a jumping opponent). So gay

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Wed May 24, 2006 06:57

about air mS_ing:

Can you input it (and keep juggling...in corner for example) from b,b (backhop) ?

i think its a lot easier from it.

but i havent tried to juggle with it.

Also..is it indifferent if u use B or D for the air ms?

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu May 25, 2006 03:20

you cannot MS after back back...

wow, 5 ms!!! i'll have to beat that hahahaha...or at least repeat the feat, who was the opponent...

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Thu May 25, 2006 03:26

Ermmm I think it was Gato...or was it Adel ?_?

I love kula
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by I love kula » Thu May 25, 2006 03:42

ive just noticed that this k' has the most similarity with the k' in 01, he can almost do everything that he could in 01 and more. if he had the backstep Minute spike that would be awsome because of the range of the minute spike in xi.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri May 26, 2006 14:41

I love kula wrote:ive just noticed that this k' has the most similarity with the k' in 01, he can almost do everything that he could in 01 and more. if he had the backstep Minute spike that would be awsome because of the range of the minute spike in xi.
IMO this K' is actually a bit weaker than '01 K'. The stuff he can do, yeah, it's kinda like '01 K', but his speed and power (outside that Heat Drive on counter hit) seems kinda lacking. I'd take '01 K' over this K', only because of his insane speed off the Ein Trigger into the B Blackout - you could play some crazy mixup games with it, also his Second Shell followup doesn't seem to have the wtfhitme lag that it does in XI - if they got rid of that (but don't make it scrub friendly like in 2k3) he'd be pretty solid.

K's kinda like an "has the right tools to be good, but other characters can do it much better" kinda character.