SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
K' (XI)

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jun 10, 2005 21:03

I used K' a lot in KOF2003 (then again, who didn't *cough*).

Basically, this year I think they should make him a lot less one-dimensional. I don't even have to think most of the time when I use him - it's pretty much hitting the D button a whole lot.

Basically, I think they need to:
- reduce the mad priority of his jump D.
- improve the comboability of his ground normals a bit - make close C a bit more reliable? Bringing back dA cancellability would be nice too.
- nerf his sweep...it's too goddamn fast.
- make his heat drive more useful or just remove it altogether.

Thoughts/comments? I'm no gameplay expert, so chances are I might be advocating something terribly mistaken :P

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:03

Second Shell back to pre-03 version would be nice for newbie players.

And actually make his Heaven's Drive's final kick hit if used in combos would be nice, it annoys me how it hardly ever hits.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Jun 12, 2005 19:07

What combos would those be? I only ever use his Heavens Drive to punish laggy moves or after dAx2 and in those cases all the hits connect.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 19:17

cant remember exactly since I haven't been playing but I think it happens in qcf+A -> second shell -> Crow Bite -cancel-> Heaven's Drive.

InFeCt|oN
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by InFeCt|oN » Mon Jun 13, 2005 00:25

Corner combo.

236A-6D-236236B/D.

I still think heaven's drive is only there because they nerfed heat drive.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Mon Jun 13, 2005 14:35

Didn't use him much in 2K3... Did well with Iori and Kyo without Chizuru doing anything :P

I hope the lag when he throws his glasses gets syphon over to his uppercuts or something. Seem TOO illogical that he would stand still while their enemis advance at him... (Full screen Ya Otome... heh heh)

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 14:53

7d3j wrote:I hope the lag when he throws his glasses gets syphon over to his uppercuts or something. Seem TOO illogical that he would stand still while their enemis advance at him... (Full screen Ya Otome... heh heh)
I doubt that will happen, since Chain Drive, at least in 2K3, is meant to be used in two ways:
1) In combos (tag or otherwise)
e.g. stand C, f+A, Chain Drive. or, tag in K', Chain Drive.

2) To counter moves/attacks
In this respect it can be used as a sort of anti-hop move (Opponent hops towards you with random normal, you do Chain Drive as they're about to land, gg). It also works as an anti-fireball move if timed correctly, since the shades act as a super fireball. Using it to counter ground pokes is feasible too, although the invincibility is probably nowhere near as good as Ryo's LDM.

In any case, I think the horrendous lag if the glasses whiff is fair, because usually people do use the Chain Drive in a situation where they know it's going to hit. It's pretty much the same case with ranbu moves - if you do it out of nowhere, and the opponent knows what he's doing, you're going to eat a big combo after the thing is blocked.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Mon Jun 13, 2005 15:25

Argh, I really dislike my own typos...

Anyway, it's true, what you said, SS, but his uppercut has an add on kick at the end if you use it, yes?

So K' has a great uppercut, albeit poor priority in some cases, with an ending kick.
He has a projectile that can then be used to act as a projected projectile or an anti air attack.
He has a half screen flying kick which (see a pattern here?) can then be followed up with a gliding attack whch hits low.

He seems too easy to use! Even teleportation is possible with that fella who fights using 'pure violence'... :D

By the time he has gotten to the stage where a Chain Drive is usable... he probably already abused his opponent beyond recognition... :lol:

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 15:33

To play an effective K' in KOF2003 you don't even need half that stuff. I think Persona mentioned it succinctly over at the 2K3 K' thread on FP.
All you need for K' is:

jp D
d D
d A
qcf P, f B
dp C, f K
qcfx2 K
f A

2k3 K' = total rushdown whore.

His mind games dun work much anymore since he lags from his Blackouts and his juggles don't go high enough.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Jun 14, 2005 06:20

Actually Chain Drive's invincibility can be said to be better than Mushiki and Tenchi Haohoken. Nothing hits K` when he flings the shades.

The only problem is, it is a bit slow.
So in close range, it is not going to hit anyone, unless it is some moves with recovery like a sweep. It is not going to work on down B whores. For that, you have Heaven Drive though. Works wonderfully on sweeps and other misc stuff too at close range. Overpowered, K` is. :(

It performs better in mid and far range, albeit requiring some sort of anticipation.

Ironic that for such a character like K`, it has more posts than other characters currently. But enough of 2k3 K`.

PaGaN 3l3m3nts
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by PaGaN 3l3m3nts » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:11

I'm glad that K' is so talked about... Though, I'm actually not too fond of his 2003 version. True, he has a move for every situation, but I miss the highly combo-able K' of the past... There don't seem to be many decent combos for him in 2003... However, as said, Heat Drive is rather useless in 2003... Heaven's Drive or Chain Drive can be substituted for it in almost any situation...

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Fri Jun 17, 2005 23:29

I think Heat Drive is faster now .But i hope K' goes through the opponent on block , just like previous years

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:29

it makes it punishable... it's to balance (or try to) our dear K'...

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jun 18, 2005 18:17

Honestly, that DM has become so useless that they should just remove it altogether. Lousy priority (it gets stopped by standing light pokes wtf), crappy speed, and now it's not even safe on block. If you want to combo it for some reason, you can still link it off his launcher in the corner if you delay it but the screwed up damage scaling in 2K3 means that all 1-hit DMs get screwed in terms of damage when you combo them.

So...yeah.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:20

u forgot to mention that it also doesn't have anti-newbie store unblockable anymore >_<