Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.
King (XI)

Post by Vicio » Fri Jun 10, 2005 20:43

I avoided playing with her in 2k3, although she is one of my fav characters. Why?: CHEAP!

Hurray! for change! :grin:

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Wed Nov 02, 2005 02:24

Kings LDM is still a barrage of Fireballz but instead of just shooting 4 this time she shoots out 8 fireballs.

8)

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 02:41

Yep it got me... I thought its going to come out 6(Can't remember exact figure), so I prepared to go in and punish after she does it, instead... it fires more so yeah.

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Wed Nov 02, 2005 05:50

Can King do her old wall surprise rose combo from kof98 now?

JumpD,stand B,surprise rose>super etc? (corner)

:?:

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Nov 19, 2005 07:41

(down b, down a) or (Stand D), df D, rdp Kick, SC to ranbu.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Mar 07, 2006 17:17

Apart from what empyrian has stated above,
Combos:
-down+b, down+a, df+D, rdp+kick, SC illusion dance, DC LDM
-Jump C/D, Stand+d(2hits), df+D, Double strike D/hcb+d/qcb*2 D DM(deals less dmg compared 2 2k3)
-Jump C/D,Stand+D, df+d, QS any

STRATS SECTION
Her being a leader isnt recommended-but LDM can still surprise sum player or players who just dont block low. Zone with (mix it up) qcb+A/C, Double strike B/D-3/4 or full screen distance !! Dont fireball mindlessly!!

Anti airs:
-Full/MID screen hyper jumps: Illusion dance DM or run down+C(trade hits 40% of the time, make it 51% against gato jump+d), QCF+C/A

Anti Hops:
-stand+a/ Down+C
-HCB+D for "early" anti-air, can use stand D instead
Air-to-air/air-to-ground:
-A2A: Jump B(good priority), Jump+E(still as good as ever)
-A2G: Jump C/D, preferably D--has more frame!! JUMP A IS SHIT IGNORE IT

Poke
Stand E (Cancel to specials if blocked but not high venom tornado or trap S)
Stand C, Stand D(this is good but pretty heavy start up)
DF+D to specials-- still goes through mid hitting f-ball
Crouch b(if it hits continue doin-->down+a,df+D etc etc)

Low blockers punishers:
-hop jump+D to combos or TICK THROWS(who gives a shit just throw them asses)

TIPS: Dont waste ur time doing trap kicks(f+b,f+D), never continue ur combos if ur opp blocks them, finish them with qcf+D,LDM and double strike only(still not that safe) so no dm,tornado,high venow etc etc. Keep ur opp grounded with kings zoning tools air2airs, fireball mixups. King doesnt fare well w/ rush down chars, doesnt mean u just turtle ;hop-in occasionally, anticipate ur opp moves early and block if ur unsure... remember tick throws are essential+ poke(Dont be 1 dimensional) Punish ur opp missed moves with close stand+d (if possible) down+a to etc2 is preferrable. Remember keep ur opponent grounded!!

NE suggestions/comments/inputs/revisions???
Last edited by Franz Bonaparta on Wed Mar 08, 2006 05:41, edited 1 time in total.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 02:48

jump a is actually not shit. It's something like kula's hopping punches: very fast and can combo after landing. It's just that, as AcidicEnema put it, her hops aren't as good as kula's, so naturally the stuff she does from them aren't as good

crouching C is deadly as anti-air, as it always was.

Also, it would be a good idea to try to zone the opponent out unless you're going in. If you're waiting for the opponent to make their move, throw a mix of top and under venoms. Just don't abuse them: shen's punch super can go through both from about at least 1/3 screen away

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Mar 08, 2006 05:49

~!T.T!~ wrote:jump a is actually not shit. It's something like kula's hopping punches: very fast and can combo after landing. It's just that, as AcidicEnema put it, her hops aren't as good as kula's, so naturally the stuff she does from them aren't as good
Ok, thanks for the info ill try it today hehehe. Yup KIng's pretty limited in terms of combos. King hasnt got an "expert" level combos since 97(s.rose infinite) as far as im concerned.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Mar 08, 2006 06:32

Her B tornado kick is actually decent anti-air. It's just that the damage is ridiculously low now, and you can't combo with the sillent flash anymore outside of a corner (and I think the damage isn't fantastic even if you do get it to connect). It trades a little more often than it did in 2k3, unfortunately. D:

So why do I still say it's decent? Well, it does hit the opponent, and if I remember correctly gives you enough frame advantage to turn the offensive tide against someone hopping in on you.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:51

Perfect Stranger wrote:Her B tornado kick is actually decent anti-air. It's just that the damage is ridiculously low now, and you can't combo with the sillent flash anymore outside of a corner (and I think the damage isn't fantastic even if you do get it to connect). It trades a little more often than it did in 2k3, unfortunately. D:
Yup, B tornado's dmg is so low its scary i usually use D tornado as an early anti-air, and i can get near to my opponent, if i wanna be offensive. Silent flash is still comboable like before, but just ignore that B tornado kick, it gets scaled pretty badly. If you do CORNER stand d, df+d, qcb+b, SF DM the damage is more or less the same as if you do the combo without the tornado kick. Well, SF DM priority is just average at best, but im liking the changes. In 2k3 u can use it as anti-all!! Hops,low b's,high jumps (if timed right) it was too good imo. SNKP i want/need that mirage dance command throw please bring it back :D

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Thu Mar 23, 2006 19:55

My bad jump A is good good!!! Hmm best-used as a jump-in tool!! Not that great for air-air combat though! King does pretty well against Gato imo... fireball zone, illusion dance DM, down+C,they make sure Gato dont constantly corner pressure you...

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Tue Mar 28, 2006 19:30

I highly recommend you to use trapshot very often: it works so so as antiair and works very good for poke after the opponent do a combo, I always do trap kicks (then the opponent try to punish me) and then trap shot and super cancel to Ilusion dance, it works very good, even when the opponent blocks the trapshot and try to punish me I do it again and hits :grin:

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Mar 28, 2006 20:03

According to Empyrian, the Taiwanese champion for the SBO qualifiers used King on his team.

I'm not surprised. She's got lots of good things going for her.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Mar 29, 2006 17:40

I have problems landing Illusion Dance after Trap shot...opponent keeps floating really high and King sorta passes through just below :/

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 21:49

you have to do trapshot with B and Ilusion Dance DM with Bbefore the last kick