Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Mar 05, 2006 03:45

Iie-Kyo wrote:I think he means to hit the D, let the opponent land, and do her command grab again on wakeup - another mindgame/mixup/damage reset. Hell, if you tricked your opponent into getting hit by the command grab, the next time you do it, you can use the QCB + K to grab them out of the air if they try to escape your next command grab.

Of course, this is risky, since if you guess wrong and they guess right they can counter you with something punishing.

But yeah, Kasumi's awesome. Her moves aren't all that flashy, but she does good damage and has very solid normals. I'm really glad they brought her back - she's horribly underplayed which gives her the "wtf" factor when she's whipped up outta nowhere.
yah, the 2nd grab was meant to be a mind game. sorry for the mixup. btw, i normally jump E after the Hcb,f A if the opponent is in the corner so that i can keep the opponent there where i want him/her to be...

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 19:59

I saw a c.B,c.B, qcf+P then somehow linked to her qcb+K... it might have just been in the corner...not sure, but I can't remember what happened and can't find the video :-(

anyone know what they did?

also, there seems to be a shortage of videos on her...anyone have a link to any good ones?

Zero
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
PSN:Zero_MTL

Post by Zero » Thu Mar 16, 2006 22:10

Combo in the corner: st.C, f+A, qcf+A, qcb+K. Qcf+A is too slow to combo after cr.B.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Fri Mar 17, 2006 05:36

Zero wrote:Combo in the corner: st.C, f+A, qcf+A, qcb+K. Qcf+A is too slow to combo after cr.B.
I figured it was something like that...thanks

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 18, 2006 06:41

what are her other BnB. her qcf,qcf+P super seems decent, but does she have any other good supers? anything to combo into?

I'd like to get to know a bit more about her...jump-ins,anti-air, pokes, BnB's (other than the two I already know)

anyone have any videos?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Mar 18, 2006 17:40

For combos, try C, f+A, HCB,f+P xx HCBx2 + P

Does about 50% on an opponent with full life.

Jump-ins = jump D, jump E
anti-air = HCF + K (counter move) but be careful about being baited
pokes = far B, far D

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 18, 2006 21:03

any other anti-airs?
is there any reason to use air.qcf+P?
is there any difference between the A/C versions?

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 05:31

I know I'm repeating SS, but Kasumi needs some love.

Jump ins/Air to ground.
For comboing - j. D, but none of Kasumi's jump ins have awesome hitstun, so don't think you can use her like Kyo or Iori.

For pressuring/forcing the opponent to block - j CD. Doesn't seem all that much changed from her previous j. CD, so use and abuse.

Air to air:
If opponent is already in the air and you want to meet them in the air - j. B or j. C. Both come out extremely quick.

If you're above opponent and the opponent is trying to meet you in the air - j. D or j. CD.

Same height - j. D.

Anti-air
QCB + K, but it has short range so use it only to stuff hops.

dwn C, remember the '99 Kasumi AI using it to psychic stuff your jump in?

HCF + B high counter if you can predict a jump-in.

QCF x 2 + P for high jumps.

B&Bs
Not much, std C, f + A (1 hit), command grab, jump C/D, land, qcb + K.
In corner, std C, f + A (1 hit), qcf + A, qcb + K.

She can SC her command grab into her new command throw, does good damage, well worth it.

Again, she's not combo-intensive, so she doesn't have much in terms of Kyo and Iori-style comboability.

Stuff to poke with:
far D, far B, stand CD (yes, it's that good). First repetition of her qcb + P.

In terms of her QCF + P (air and ground), there's a huge difference in the two versions - A version recovers really fast, while the C version has major lag, but has better range. However, her air QCF + A is also another good air to air to use, especially if she's hopping or jumping back. Very, very safe if you use it while doing the backdash (bk, bk). She lands so quickly the opponent cannot retaliate.

It can also shutdown some rushdown whores (Kyo has difficulty against this, thankfully his fireball keeps it from being a major pain) - just don't backdash yourself into the corner. She's okay at getting out of it, but all of her anti-corner options are pretty risky, but it's still pretty abuseable.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:43

expanding on wat Iie-Kyo just posted and what Acidicenema posted awhile back, it rapes kyo because he literally has no offensive move that gets him out of the range of kasumi's b.b qcf A/C. if it wasnt for the fireball then.....yeah

spinalcraft
Is it a bot?

QCB K

Post by spinalcraft » Fri Mar 24, 2006 09:20

I dont see how everyone could get the QCB K so easily :/

I'm finding it hard to connect the jumping punch with kasumi's command throw move (HCB + F, P). Do you wait just a second before you jump? Is the timing all that hard or am I just overexagerating things?

QCB K is also hard as hell to connect after a st. C, fwd. A, QCF A in the corner... of all my tries i've never gotten to connect it :/

Do these moves maintain the same mechanics and timing in SVC:Chaos? My arcade currently has that and I figure I could play on that machine to practice my Kasumi, if it is similar to KOF XI.

Regardless not getting the followups, Kasumi is a solid character as everyone says here... she still does a good portion of damage, and her moves have the fast recovery times.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:31

qcb+K in XI is different from what has tradtionally been.

Its a very quick hit/grab that has the 'all-juggle' property.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Tue Mar 28, 2006 19:53

correct me if Im wrong but kasumi no longer can do her counters (HCF+B,D,E) while she is raising. That´s sux because the opponent can atack you freely while you are raising :(

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 23:18

The QCB + K hitbox is very small and the time the hitbox is out for is VERY short. You have to be precise with the timing of it to get it to hit after a succesful combo.

To get the followup Jump C or D to combo from her command grab, input the motion for a HYPER JUMP while you're recovering from the grab. You want to use the hyper jump because it allows Kasumi to land faster. Landing faster = more time to do the followup QCB + K.

When in doubt, if you wanna practice the combo, do it to the opponent in the corner, HOLD uf and press C - that's the timing you'll need to do it from outside the corner.

I believe the qcb + K has to be LATE if you want it to connect off her std C f + A, qcf + A. And she pretty much plays like her SvC self, but she has little tweakings here and there and the jump speed and system is quite different from SvC that you can't just hop back and forth between the two games. You'll screw up your timing and end up shooting yourself in the foot because of it.

And yeah, I noticed it's difficult to wake up with her counters. I'd kinda figure she should be able to - only because you have to guess as much as the opponent has to when you're getting up with the counter. You have to guess from THREE different angles - if you know your opponent's style (like I do because we play against the same effin' people over and over again) then this isn't as big of a deal. However in tourney matches or if you go to an arcade which is populated with a gazillion different players, getting up with a counter for Kasumi isn't worth it.

I wish SNKP kept her counter DM (not LDM), I like the potential threat she had to do a quick 50% damage to you. Would discourage rushdown whores since every time they run at you while you have stock, they're risking half their lifebar while doing so. :D

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Sat Apr 01, 2006 09:08

If you want a succesful QS with Kasumi, the best way is after her 3rd hit of her qcb+P move, just do: jump any, stand C, fwd+A (1 hit), qcb+P and just when you input the 3rd hit of the move, quickly do a QS and is for sure that will connect :grin:

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

another option

Post by Bankotsu » Tue Apr 04, 2006 09:15

today I found this combo: stand A, stand C, qcf+C. In the corner you can add qcb+B, maybe it´s not a great combo but you have one more option :grin: