Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace
Re: QCB K

Post by Derrace » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:10

spinalcraft wrote:I dont see how everyone could get the QCB K so easily :/

I'm finding it hard to connect the jumping punch with kasumi's command throw move (HCB + F, P). Do you wait just a second before you jump? Is the timing all that hard or am I just overexagerating things?

QCB K is also hard as hell to connect after a st. C, fwd. A, QCF A in the corner... of all my tries i've never gotten to connect it :/

Do these moves maintain the same mechanics and timing in SVC:Chaos? My arcade currently has that and I figure I could play on that machine to practice my Kasumi, if it is similar to KOF XI.

Regardless not getting the followups, Kasumi is a solid character as everyone says here... she still does a good portion of damage, and her moves have the fast recovery times.
make sure you are executing the grab with the B version, then jump D when you finish the combo, just buffer the qcb motion on the way down, and press A when you hit the ground. I never had a problem getting both combos to connect, hopefully this might make it a bit easier for you.. =)

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 07:27

I just realized we don't even have a Kasumi summary post (usually what is done at the beginning of each character's thread to let people know about what a character has or doesn't)

Anyway, here goes:

Normals:
Almost every single one of her normals are the same. The main (and rather gamebreaking) exception is her far C. She now does a one-handed palm thrust that cannot be cancelled rather than her old godly-ranged far C backhand, which made it a godly poke because of it's easy cancellability. However, despite its short range, it has major speed. If someone is hop whoring against you, you can stick this out and it'll almost hit as fast as an A to stop their rushdown attempt.

Otherwise, all the other normals are the same. They seem to have less "range" because of the nature of the game's playing field size.

Command moves:
f + A - Used to be cancellable on the second hit after a cancel off a normal, now you gotta do it off the first, making it less user friendly. Second hit still overheads.

A, C - This is something new that I JUST learned today. Basically, her std A can be CHAINED into her C, and instead of the close C coming out, the far C does. Interestingly enough, her far C animation usable at point blank range this year is VERY good because of its speed and how it hits (her arm becomes a straight line). On top of that, if you do this chain, you can cancel into any of her special moves. However, because the C knocks down, the only move you'll be able to combo into off this chain is her QCB + K.

Specials:
qcf + P - A version is faster, C version is laggier but great for people who think they're smart and can roll the A version in a pressure string. bk bk, qcf + A is one of THE most annoying things you can do to slow the game's tempo down. Use and abuse.

qcb + P x 4 - Same as before. Can't tell the difference between the A and C version. Just don't finish it if this string is blocked, the last hit is extremely slow. However, she has a new addition to this string. qcb + K which can be done after the 3rd hit. Basically a fakeout (thus cancelling the lag in the string) and a NASTY mindgame starter if you managed to connect with the initial hits of the string. std C, f + A (1 hit) qcb + P x 3, qcb + K, hcb x 2 + P is probably one of the most nastiest damage resets in XI.

hcb, f + P - Her hit-based command grab. Has mediocre range. A version does fewer hits, but juggles higher, C version does more hits, but lags at the end and juggles lower. Take your pick.

qcb + K - Has the "juggle anywhere" property. Used for "on reaction" anti-air and as a finisher for some combos.

hcf + B/D/E - Her infamous command counter. B version counters special moves and air attacks. D version counters ground attacks, while E version counters low attacks. Seems like they made the recovery lag from this a little bit more worse, but it does amazing damage to stop rush whores in their tracks.

DMs/LDMs:

qcf x 2 + P - Pretty much the same, shorter range because of the bigger screen. A version is instant but has recovery lag. C version takes longer to start up (possible use is to stop reaction rollers) and also has recovery lag. Does good damage if you can get it to hit............... if.

hcb x 2 + P - Her SvC command throw super. Has JACK SQUAT for range (not even close to Clark's range), but adds a sick angle to her point blank mixups. Do not be afraid to use this DM, it does awesome damage.

qcf, hcb + E - Her LDM - old counter SDM from the previous KoFs. Rather meh in its practicality here because of its extreme "omgwtf hit me" factor if it whiffs, and for the fact that other people have better LDMs that can be more beneficial to the team in general. Turns into a grab if Dream Cancelled off her hcb x 2 + P command grab DM.

XI Kasumi is pretty much 2000/2001 Kasumi with more options. She's NOT a rushdown character at all, even though she has some capability to do so. She can play some mixup games, and albeit slow, they're incredibly effective. The ability to fake out the last hit of her qcb + P x 4 alone gives her many opportunities to land her command grab, and once she has the opponent aware they can jump it, She can do even crazier things to mix you up after that fake.

Best played in a somewhat "in and out manner". Her normals allow her to play footsies with even the best of the tiers, but she's not meant to stay in your face for an extended period of time. Get in there, do your damage, get out, then start the process all over again. qcf + P is a great harassing tool when you're about a character width and a half away, and she has a decent far ranged special poke with her qcb + P x 4 (don't finish it of course). Her jump-ins leave much to be desired, but she's certainly (and is not supposed to be) no Kyo.

If you want a few examples of what to do with her buttons, see page 2 of this thread, I posted some stuff for various situations.

But yeah, Kasumi definitely has that "I'll come out of nowhere and own 3 KGOs and lose to some random lower tier character" capability. :grin:

jigglysama
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by jigglysama » Sat Aug 19, 2006 06:07

I'm not good at advance gameplay stuff since I'm still kinda new at KoF-like fighters, but today I was playing as Kasumi and discovered that you can Super Cancel her new anti air throw (HCB + K) into her Chou Kasane Ate DM (this wasn't mentioned in the Tel's guide). Can somebody confirm this? I was playing the PS2 version, but I don't remember if I did this in Arcade or Arrange mode.

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 13:19

that seems only possible on arrange, and the only supercancel that hit for me is the qcfx2+P while they're flying away, the others just whiffed. It does to quite a bit of damage, i didn't try it at the end of her staple combo

i'll stick to arcade mode :D

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Aug 30, 2006 18:13

Im back!!! How's ON btw??? OK I'd like to post brand new Kasumi combos. They have never been mentioned or recorded in CMVs so yeah I'd say these are brand new combos hahah....

ANYWHERE:
-Jump D,stand A,stand C,qcb+A (the following qcb+As wont connect) this combo is a no brainer and does lousy damage,just for show....

CORNER ONLY:
-Jump D,stand A, stand C,qcb+A,qcb+B.. again nothing too painful abt this combo
-Jump D, stand C, fwd+A(1hit), hcb,f+A ,qcb+A,qcb+B...does slightly less damage than hyper jump D to qcb+B
-Jump D, stand C, fwd+A(1hit), hcb,f+A, hop jump qcf+A, qcb+B...this is I believe the most damaging non DM/LDM Kasumi combo in the game. Much harder to perform than hyper jump D to qcb+B, but you'll get it after a few tries. If you are having difficulties in doing hop jump qcf+A, do a straight vertical jump qcf+A its tad easier.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sat Sep 09, 2006 19:17

MORE KASUMI COMBOS:
A,C,D is a CHAIN, GUARANTEED anywhere on the screen
Therefore:
Jump D, stand A,Stand C, stand D is a natural 4 hit combo!

MORE A,C combos:
A,C qcf+C(QCF+C only... qcf+A is too fast,wont connect)
A,C qcfx2 A = 6 hits DM combo...OK damage
(CORNER)Jump D, A, C, D qcb+B...OK damage

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49

can someone confirm a combo for me. I think it maybe like an unblockable hit??

The combo is, in corner sA, sA, sC, opponent is in air, sC, into qcf x2 +C DM. If done correctly it seems that one of the slashes of the DM hit. It doesnt count as a combo but does some damage. Not good enough to warrant as a staple but the unblockable part is?? It might be more of a cross up.

I tested it with opponent on "1 hit guard" and on "down" and both seem to work ok.

Anyone else want to verify?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Jan 09, 2008 02:23

Dark_Chaotix wrote:can someone confirm a combo for me. I think it maybe like an unblockable hit??

The combo is, in corner sA, sA, sC, opponent is in air, sC, into qcf x2 +C DM. If done correctly it seems that one of the slashes of the DM hit. It doesnt count as a combo but does some damage. Not good enough to warrant as a staple but the unblockable part is?? It might be more of a cross up.

I tested it with opponent on "1 hit guard" and on "down" and both seem to work ok.

Hmm, not sure about that, but sA, sC, sD connects anywhere. But unless it's a bug, any chain that doesnt register as a combo should be blockable. You do have a point there, Oswald's df A, qcb B, Stand A "chain" is unblockable but not registered as a combo.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Jan 09, 2008 07:36

Derrick wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:can someone confirm a combo for me. I think it maybe like an unblockable hit??

Hmm, not sure about that, but sA, sC, sD connects anywhere. But unless it's a bug, any chain that doesnt register as a combo should be blockable. You do have a point there, Oswald's df A, qcb B, Stand A "chain" is unblockable but not registered as a combo.
this is in corner only, and is only through the combo shown. Ill have to show a vid i guess.

youtube link here to see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yP4kV7653A

The first combo is not how it shouldnt be, the last 2 are. Notice no sound on the hit and the difference with the first one.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Jan 10, 2008 02:14

Don't think its an unblockable. What's happening is simply that your s.A>s.C> s.C juggle resets him into a standing position and the last hit of your DM hits him just as he gets resetted into standing position.

Here's how I tested it.

Options (Guard- Off)

s.A X 2 > s.C> (press start. Switch Guard to On)> s.C> qcfx2+C DM.

Everytime I tried, the DM got blocked.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Jan 10, 2008 07:57

AcidicEnema wrote:Don't think its an unblockable. What's happening is simply that your s.A>s.C> s.C juggle resets him into a standing position and the last hit of your DM hits him just as he gets resetted into standing position.

Here's how I tested it.

Options (Guard- Off)

I see......oh well. I try that myself.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Thu Jan 10, 2008 08:52

AcidicEnema wrote:Don't think its an unblockable. What's happening is simply that your s.A>s.C> s.C juggle resets him into a standing position and the last hit of your DM hits him just as he gets resetted into standing position.

Here's how I tested it.

Options (Guard- Off)

On a slightly different matter, this combo makes me wonder if you can QS (After the 2nd sC) into Duck King and LDM (in time?)

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Jan 11, 2008 19:49

After the second stand C...Don't see why it should combo- Duck King's LDM isn't an all juggle move.

After the first stand C, maybe, I don't see why not.