Vanessa (XI)

Post by Vicio » Fri Jun 10, 2005 20:38

Boody, Boody. Uppa! I wonder if she is going to have new moves. :awe:

Burningfist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Burningfist » Fri Oct 28, 2005 20:39

Anyone got a moveslist / gameplay information?

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Wed Nov 02, 2005 00:14

New Intro....Vanessa is wearing her whole outfit, coat and all, which she throws away. (stalker outfit?) :D

Also heres new animation revisions in her back/forward punch move and forward a.
Vanessa's fwd a 2nd hit comes out much faster.

Her LDM is a Power Up.

Miss Barnessas Crazy Puncher DM animation is slower (the animation is different). Her dragonpunch has the same animation as Forbidden Eagle.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Wed Nov 02, 2005 17:28

Cosmetic change:

Got new intro with Ramoncito, in this one, she blows him a kiss again, but this time, Ramoncito smiles cunningly... seems both have a lil' sumthin' sumthin' (YAY FOR MY PAISANO!)

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Nov 02, 2005 19:16

Her LDM is a power up? That sucks. I was hoping it would be her HSDM from 2002.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Thu Nov 03, 2005 04:31

she could just be blowin a kiss to make him drop his guard and go into lovesick puppy mode so she can have an easy win (which is pretty smart) but he laughs
probably indicating it won't work this time

I was hoping her LDM would be a new multi hit punching bag beatemup

but a powerup? sounds like she trying to compete against shen's powerup LDM.

seen enuff of her hsdm in 2k2 and wasn't it in neowave also? besides that's rick's move. vanes should have something new for herself\.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Nov 14, 2005 06:02

Apparently her LDM has 2 variations.

A Normal one and a Cancellable one. I am not sure it is cancellable to or cancellable from other moves btw.

The cancellable one (done Qcf*2 CE) is apparently O2 max mode revived, therefore giving rise to rumours of her having an infinite or at least something that whacks a lot off your life.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Dec 17, 2005 03:39

about her infinite, using her LDM, i found that even when the ldm finished, I could still go on to some extent. What I did was the usual jump c, stand c, b,f A, crouching C, LDM, qcb B, fwd C, qcf B, crouching C.....

but after the LDM powerup finished (when she stops flashing), I got any extra teleport -> qcfX2 A/C DM after the qcb B, fwd C.....and I can be pretty sure that she wasn't flashing at the time.....hmmmm

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Dec 18, 2005 17:03

~!T.T!~ wrote:about her infinite, using her LDM, i found that even when the ldm finished, I could still go on to some extent. What I did was the usual jump c, stand c, b,f A, crouching C, LDM, qcb B, fwd C, qcf B, crouching C.....

but after the LDM powerup finished (when she stops flashing), I got any extra teleport -> qcfX2 A/C DM after the qcb B, fwd C.....and I can be pretty sure that she wasn't flashing at the time.....hmmmm

with the infinite that ends with DP punch. do u use the A or C version?

Do I do cancel the punch from qcb B, Fwd C into this DP punch?

I like her new foward A. She's pretty much like her 02 self. I saw one clip of her when she did her Qcf X 2 Punch DM and tagged Mary in....the screen actually stayed black for quite awhile.. but when I tried doing so (tagging just as the screen turns black), it changes back when i land the first hit of the tag.. any idea why?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Dec 19, 2005 00:32

it's dp C. You can't followup after dp A anymore

and yes, you do cancel dp C from qcb B, fwd C......

edit: oh, something i forgot to mention. Since you can do her infinite after ryo's f,b,f, C, does this mean her dp C is a "juggle anywhere" move? Or does ryo's f,b,f, C just juggle if tagged out of?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 15:00

man, no love for vanessa?

just a couple of things on her infinite. I couldnt get it to work after kyo's launch, 182 headbutt super in the corner, so i'm going to try after yuri's shin-shoryuken (juggled and not juggled) in the corner and after malin's kick super too.

also i hardly put her as leader now (since duolon fills up that spot for me), so just wondering, do you have to dream cancel LDM from her DM in order for the finisher?

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 19:47

~!T.T!~ wrote:man, no love for vanessa?

just a couple of things on her infinite. I couldnt get it to work after kyo's launch, 182 headbutt super in the corner, so i'm going to try after yuri's shin-shoryuken (juggled and not juggled) in the corner and after malin's kick super too.

also i hardly put her as leader now (since duolon fills up that spot for me), so just wondering, do you have to dream cancel LDM from her DM in order for the finisher?
actually her DC puts her into the max mode

Tsubasa
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Tsubasa » Fri Mar 17, 2006 06:16

geist wrote:actually her DC puts her into the max mode
She has two DCs. One leaves her in max mode, the other is a finishing punch. See it here. If anyone knows how to do it, I'd like to know too. I have successfully done the max mode DC, but the Puncher Finish DC eludes me. Do you need to do qcfx2 E, qcfx2 CE or is it just qcfx2 CE? I don't get too many opportunities to try cause I usually don't use her as leader.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Fri Mar 17, 2006 08:20

also, I've seen her at the bottom of many tier lists...why is this...is it just because of her steep learning curve?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:56

Vanessa has 3 different types of Dream Cancel :

- Regular one : qcfx2 E : max mode activation (gives her the same properties than kof 2002 max mode, and also a free super if doing it while the max time)

- Special 1 : qcfx2 C+E during her qcfx2 P DM : a powerfull multihits punch that reminds me Heavy D's qcf P or Dudley's Cross Crewblow (SA III)

- Special 2 : qcfx2 C+E during her qcb, hcf P DM : the same SDM than 00/01/02/NW, punches combos, and teleports, finished with a grab (but she's not hurt at the end ^^)

And you have to know that the special DC don't have a "LDM" version... you can see these supers only with dreamcancelling qcfx2 C+E.

Personnaly a think that Vanessa is a powerfull char, but need training and a lot of work to make her effective as one of the strongs chars in the game. Her infinite gives her a "fear effect" à la Duolon.