Vanessa (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 18, 2006 06:28

with venessa as leader, what kinda things should I be doing with her?

like if I do j.D, s.C, b,f+A, dash qcf,qcf+P, qcf, qcf+E what should I do then?

should I just do qcf+P over and over (not sure if that's possible since I've only done the LDM once) or is something like

C, qcf+B, C, qcf+B, repeat till corner, cr.C infinite possible?

or something like
C, b,f+A qcf+B(would f+A follow-up work here? or is it f+D...the two hit follow-up to qcf+B) would that be possible? or maybe
b,f+A, qcf+B, cr.C, qcf+B, cr.C, qcf+B, cr.C would that work?

or am I way off?
what would be the best thing to do outside the corner?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:29

frionel wrote:- Special 1 : qcfx2 C+E during her qcfx2 P DM : a powerfull multihits punch that reminds me Heavy D's qcf P or Dudley's Cross Crewblow (SA III)
it's actually called the 'corkscrew blow' and yeah, it reminds me of that too.....

as to dream cancelling to the powerup, i do (stand c/d, forward a (1 hit), hcb A/C (mas A/C), qcf B) repeat twice, then after the 3rd qcf B, do forward A (the 2 hit thing you were talking about), qb A/C. Now, if you're in the corner, do crouching C, qcb B, forward C (the other followup), and cancel into the dp C infinite

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 17:00

Ah sorry ^^' yes it's the corkscrew blow :p

In the corner I just do :

Jump A, D (charging back), f A (the dashing upper), cr C, qcfxE, qcb B, f C [cancel] qcf B, cr C qcb B, f C [cancel] qcf B, cr C, qcb B, f C [cancel] dp C and infinite or qcfx2 A (into QS or whatever you want) or after the last f C, you have a free qcfx2 A.

The infinite is not always the best choice... when you are on a disadventage in the time balance, that's not the best thing to do, since you can kill an oponent without geting enough advantage in the time balance, and it can be hard to take the advantage again...

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 18, 2006 21:23

what about anti-air capabilities...I know this is where vanessa is kinda lacking
I know that helion's auto-guard isn't great at all this year, so it's kinda sub-par as an anti-air....so what about cr.C? or should I just use (A)version of helion?

what about b,f+A as anti-air?
qcb+P?
I know qcb+A->f.C is nice and fast so while situational i'm sure, it should do the trick right?
what about qcf+K to cross under
any of her supers any good? I tried qcf, qcf+P but it seems that it just doesn't have the properties for a nice anti-air

on another note, hcf+A has wire properties when it counter-hits...I've only seen this on the last hit of the move...will it still wall bounce if the first (or any sub-sequent) hits counter-hits?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:35

qcb A/C, fwd C doesnt have much invulnerability. its ok as an early anti air though. i tend to use jump B for antiair more than anything, and sometimes jump D as well, but has to be done earlier.

otherwise, just teleport out of the way.....its your next best option :)

and as for her supers, her ranbu one is great in combos and sometimes an a limited anti air. her other qcfX2 A/C one is good for jump C/D, stand C/D, bcf A, qcf B, qcfX2 A/C.....for wakeup and anti air, its probably her best move to use

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Mon Mar 20, 2006 08:50

~!T.T!~ wrote:qcb A/C, fwd C doesnt have much invulnerability. its ok as an early anti air though. i tend to use jump B for antiair more than anything, and sometimes jump D as well, but has to be done earlier.

otherwise, just teleport out of the way.....its your next best option :)

and as for her supers, her ranbu one is great in combos and sometimes an a limited anti air. her other qcfX2 A/C one is good for jump C/D, stand C/D, bcf A, qcf B, qcfX2 A/C.....for wakeup and anti air, its probably her best move to use
which is her "ranbu" super?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 15:40

looks like she can do crouching b, forward a, close stand C....hmmm, good news for her pressure game.....

oh, and her dream cancels aren't really worth the extra 2 stocks and 1 skill stock. Still, if you need the damage for the kill/win, then go for it.....otherwise, stick with her normal qcfX2 E powerup and do the combos....if you can :P

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Wed Mar 22, 2006 18:00

you mean d B, f A (1), qcb A, s C..... its esp nice when u try n bf A, qcf B, qcfx2A..... nice

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Wed Mar 22, 2006 19:10

~!T.T!~ wrote:looks like she can do crouching b, forward a, close stand C....hmmm, good news for her pressure game.....

oh, and her dream cancels aren't really worth the extra 2 stocks and 1 skill stock. Still, if you need the damage for the kill/win, then go for it.....otherwise, stick with her normal qcfX2 E powerup and do the combos....if you can :P
I know, I just wanted to see it...and I must say, damn cool :P

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 23:54

hanzo_wong wrote:you mean d B, f A (1), qcb A, s C..... its esp nice when u try n bf A, qcf B, qcfx2A..... nice

yeah, sorry, my bad :P

also how do you guys play vanessa? pitbull? turtle? personally i do a bit of both, and sometimes get carried away with the pitbull part, which gets me owned :(

i dunno, i guess you have to pressure smart with her. stand c, fwd a (1 hit), qcb A/C still gives you good frames on block, but since the roll's been toned up, sometimes just stopping your pressure for awhile to bait/backdash and setup goes a long way.

oh, and her teleport forward A has really good frames if you cancel into a qcb A/C. I seldomly get interrupted after it, and if so, i trade. I'm also wanting to find out how the frames are after teleport forward A (blocked), teleport forward A.........

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 18:54

Ranbu is a generic term we use for rush super - i.e. her Puncher Vision (QCB, HCF + P).

Other options, early dwn C, WELL placed and well timed sonic boom + P (sets you up for a free Champion Puncher [QCF x 2 + P]).

But yeah, if you want anti-air, she's definitely not your woman for it. You HAVE to find a way to ground your opponent to be the most effective with her. She loses a lot in the air....

A lot. :grin:

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 25, 2006 07:19

yeah really sucks....I have a lot of problems getting close with vanessa too ; ;

like....she really seems like she should be amazing....but, it's just not there :-( (well, not at least in terms of kula and gato and such). Her attacks are too short range, and the simple act of spamming cr.B can shut her down. I'll figure her out eventually though

funny side note though
I qcf+B, f.C on my friend...he did bustah wolf...he did a big "wtf"after I went through it and smacked him ^_^

Edit:are qcf,qcf+P and qcb, hcf+P her only supers?
PS: her "owie" animation for qcb, hcf+P makes me use that super more than I probably should....it's just so great!

Zero
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
PSN:Zero_MTL

Post by Zero » Sat Mar 25, 2006 19:53

QCF+K, F+C = instant guard crush
Is possible to get a guaranteed hit if quick shift?

And I found that her last hit of HCF+P is a Counter Wire.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:42

actually im not sure if teleport, fwd C guard crushes anymore. I can remember doing it an not seeing the opponent reel from the guard crush animation. It's like the least used move for my vanessa, so I'm not 100% sure if it doesn't, but I could've sworn i've had it blocked with the opponent suffering only a normal block stun

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Mar 26, 2006 07:07

~!T.T!~ wrote:actually im not sure if teleport, fwd C guard crushes anymore. I can remember doing it an not seeing the opponent reel from the guard crush animation. It's like the least used move for my vanessa, so I'm not 100% sure if it doesn't, but I could've sworn i've had it blocked with the opponent suffering only a normal block stun
I haven't been using Vanessa much, but I think qcf+K > f+C doesn't Guard Crush anymore, since she can cancel the f+C into another teleport now.

BTW, what's her MAX mode combo? I used to do stand C > f+A > hcf+C > qcf+B > hcf+C back in NeoWave/2k2. Is that still possible?