Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Wed Oct 31, 2007 19:54

Penny Arcade's new comic seems pretty much spot on about what GameStop is like.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Nov 13, 2007 23:35

The game is out today. Go and get it, and post your impressions.

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Wed Nov 14, 2007 04:23

Hit five stores today looking for XI with nada luck....

Looks like I'm gonna have to take the SSamazon approach

dang

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Wed Nov 14, 2007 04:34

Generally stuff released on Tuesdays is in stores on Wednesdays. I'll probably order it and NGBC online too though. There is no rush.

Anti-K'
MOAR
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Nov 14, 2007 04:37

Yeah. It's tomorrow.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Nov 16, 2007 19:40

My copy should be delivered today. Will have thoughts/comparisions tonight (I'm at work now).

Apathy Wind
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:PS3 Crap Shoot
Currently Playing:no whammies, no whammies...

Post by Apathy Wind » Sat Nov 17, 2007 01:53

I got my copy today (excellent turn around rate for the big A - SS you should be proud).

After playing it for awhile I find it too 03 for my tastes. The whole thing just seems oddly disconnected for me - I don't feel like I have the control I did in previous games. And I still find the 'speed up/slow down' of certain specials highly unsettling.

That aside the menus etc look great and the extra frames of animation are nice. And man, does XI Kensou have like every move he's ever had??

Kinda disappointed with Elizabeth so far but Oswald seems pretty cool. I've really got to learn the system though - not ever having played the arcade version I don't know a skill point from a dream cancel....

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Nov 17, 2007 03:44

Just popped my copy into the ol' PS2...for all intents and purposes, other than the fact that the online mode is gone it seems to be a carbon copy of the Japanese version. And from what I hear the glitches that affected the PAL version are nonexistent.

I won't be able to verify until I've unlocked all the characters again, though.

EDIT:
Shen Woo's winquote about Democrats is in there! Awesome.
They changed the font they used for the winquotes though...it's wider than the arcade version's font, but it's not quite as pleasant on the eyes.

And according to the manual, it looks like SNKP has been outsourcing the localisation of these games to these guys:
http://www.g1m2.com

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Nov 28, 2007 22:21

FINALLY got my copy(yeah!) from GameStop(Boo).

mr crimson
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by mr crimson » Thu May 01, 2008 05:52

O_o'

I've worked at GameStop for a year now, and I can say that all of that is bullocks. In my store, we have five people. All of which hate Halo with a burning passion, make jokes about the perfect torture devise (A room with no exit, a console that cannot be damaged nor turned off, that always plays Madden), and we specifically make sure our store is supplied with AT LEAST 3 copies of each new release. We got our Fatal Fury Archives Vol 2 a few days ago, and have been extremely adamant about making sure that myself and two other guys that work there (out of the five, that's good) purchase it. We hunt Shin Megami Tensei titles, so we always have something cool for the customers, and even organize car shows and order pizza for people when we have midnight releases.

You guys can bash us out all you want, but you can't generalize so much. That's just ignorant. We put a lot of effort in the surrounding stores (Green Bay area of Wisconsin). It sucks when I read stuff like that, because I know for a fact that there's many stores that love being able to help their customers as much as possible. :P

As for KOF XI, we still have two copies. The first day we got it, I'd managed to make 3 people reserve it, so that guaranteed us a few extras once the reserves were gone. Now I'm just waiting for KOF XII to hit the system so we can reserve that too.

I can keep you guys informed of when that happens so you can reserve your copy, so it can be out and waiting for you the day of release. :)