Post by Bankotsu » Wed May 17, 2006 01:59

Please tell me combos with Momoko

Help! :(

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Wed May 17, 2006 03:41

Combo wise...-_- I usually just use different parts of her chain

Usually hop with a, it comes out fast and beats out almost anything else.

So...I go:

hop a, crouch c, f.b, qcb+b o.O that's the shortest/fastest chain.

I usually keep with the first two hits and just pick different parts of the chain *shrug* And use her ground-based phoenix arrows type thing (qcb+k when not part of chain)

Uh. Other useful stuff with momo? >_> she's useful!? Nah, she's alright. I've seen one dream cancel vid with this combo too:

As leader

hop c, c, dp. d, qcfx2 p, dream cancel, qcfx2 E

Honestly, I'm not even sure what to do with her somedays and she's part of my permanent team o_O Hope that helps a little bit.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Other ways to connect her Kamehameha LDM

Post by Bankotsu » Thu May 25, 2006 10:07

People, please tell me other ways to connect her LDM... I know the easiest one that is DCing from her grab DM. I was thinking of SC her DP+D in the 2nd hit into her LDM or perhaps I might do her LDM (after connecting her DP+D) while the opponent is touching the floor so when the opponent is rising or rolling her LDM will hit ???

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Re: Other ways to connect her Kamehameha LDM

Post by inuko » Thu May 25, 2006 15:03

Bankotsu wrote:People, please tell me other ways to connect her LDM... I know the easiest one that is DCing from her grab DM. I was thinking of SC her DP+D in the 2nd hit into her LDM or perhaps I might do her LDM (after connecting her DP+D) while the opponent is touching the floor so when the opponent is rising or rolling her LDM will hit ???
I've never, ever tried SCing from her dp.D if only because that move is so flippin slow x_x As for the second option...maybe, maybe not. If you start the LDM RIGHT when they hit the floor, they may recover then run at you while you're charging -.- I've had it done plenty of times to me. I guess just mess with the timing of it. You can also LDM an incoming character too, but...timing is also strict.

I stopped using momoko for a little while because she was getting a little stale, but I think I'll try this at the arcade today and see what happens :O

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sat Jun 03, 2006 15:03

elisabeth/momoko

elisabeth -> blah blah, qcf hcb P QS momoko LDM

timing very similar to the elisabeth/ralf combo, doesnt do a whole lot of dmg though

momokonba loops can be cancelled into each other. ie c.C, fwd B, back C, dwn D, qcf B

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

about her loops

Post by Bankotsu » Sat Jun 03, 2006 21:36

I don´t understand... how can I do infinite loops?? and have to be in circle like Angel: back+P, down+K, forward+P... or can be in disorder?? please tell me an example of an infinite loop combo.

:awe:

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Re: about her loops

Post by Geese » Mon Jun 05, 2006 02:55

Bankotsu wrote:I don´t understand... how can I do infinite loops?? and have to be in circle like Angel: back+P, down+K, forward+P... or can be in disorder?? please tell me an example of an infinite loop combo.

:awe:
you can do loops as long as they are opposite in P or K so if you start with a K move next one has to be P and the one following has to be K and the moves cant be repeated. so if you do fwd +K, back +p you cannot do fwd K as the next one.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Re: about her loops

Post by Slapper Joe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 03:08

Geese wrote:you can do loops as long as they are opposite in P or K so if you start with a K move next one has to be P and the one following has to be K and the moves cant be repeated. so if you do fwd +K, back +p you cannot do fwd K as the next one.
u+K can be followed by d+K (or reverse.) Go check page 2 you Momonoobko. Very strict order in what will come next, but you can mash directions and buttons and the next move will usually come out.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:34

The loops I normally do are :

fwdB (the overhead) or dwnC ,fwdC,fwdB, bA, uB, dB, then you can repeat the loop with a fwdC

dwnC, uB, dB, fwdC, fwdB, bA then repeat loop from up or dwn B

Of course its a terrible idea to keep doing the entire loop, I normally use her moves to bait a roll... stop after the first 1 or 2 moves then wait to see what happens.

Throw in a quick full set of moves once in a while though when you have your opponent afraid to roll, all those random high/low hits add up to quite a bit. Keep cancelling the moves on the first hit if possible though if ur against a good momoko user , cos they usually will be able to notice which move ur using and hence will be able to predict the following move in the chain (since her chains are way more limited than angel's).

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Mon Jun 05, 2006 18:19

Geese wrote: momokonba loops can be cancelled into each other. ie c.C, fwd B, back C, dwn D, qcf B
What does back C do?

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Tue Jun 06, 2006 23:20

Fwd B isn't the overhead part of the loop, it's the hurricane kick part o.o Fwd c is and it usually catches people off guard on hop in.

Back c is she does some weird headspin thing that LOOKS like a low attack but isn't really. A little slow, but also catches people off guard.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Bankotsu » Wed Jun 07, 2006 01:11

thank you guys!
talking about her loops... is there a difference if you do the loop with a different button like fwd+A or fwd+C, down+B or down+D ???

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Wed Jun 07, 2006 08:34

inuko wrote:Fwd B isn't the overhead part of the loop, it's the hurricane kick part o.o Fwd c is and it usually catches people off guard on hop in.

Back c is she does some weird headspin thing that LOOKS like a low attack but isn't really. A little slow, but also catches people off guard.

D ´oh

Wrong

check out the entire message

he´s talking about the loop starters (which are Fwd+B, dwn+C, etc...)
actually, first forward+B IS an overhead, if u input Fwd+B after the 1st one...then u do the hurricane kick

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Wed Jun 07, 2006 18:40

I remember in Osaka there was this guy who, once in a while, would pick Momoko and two random characters.

This guy knew maybe two of peach girl's chains and he'd kick major ass.

I happen to like Momoko because I'm used to choosing people no one would choose. I started using Gato because when the game first came out (and word of tiers wasn't out) no one would even bother with Gato, so I'd kick some serious butt. But Momoko, maybe once every ten teams I'd try.

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Thu Jun 08, 2006 22:39

Yeah sorry I just kind of skimmed the topic >_> I never use anything outside of standing c/crouching c, so it totally didn't even occur to me ~_~ fwd b is ass slow. I never get it off.