Momoko (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
-4n'Dant3-
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by -4n'Dant3- » Wed Oct 19, 2005 16:05

maybe bao changed sex because of the dragon spirit, took 2k3 off to go to jamaica and came back under a new name;

momoko.

jura, i'm scared.

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 16:14

@ Andante

Why just now?... haven't been bitten by the Meira's?...

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 14:21

Momoko is...freaking small. Not sure if that's the right word but she's rather tiny compared to other characters.

Plays a bit like Angel with a lot of mind games.

She seems to have two supers, one ranbu type super, and prolly a grab super (the beam in the screenie?), but the latter hasn't hit anybody yet so I don't know.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Thu Oct 27, 2005 00:58

So, does she play like Angel?

Then she may also use that weird "Circle" input system :0 Interesting.

BTW, did someone else notice her measures and her height would actually make her a puppet or a living skeleton? LOL

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:08

Edit/Updated below. Amazing how many commands you can get wrong when always under pressure in vs.
Last edited by Slapper Joe on Wed Dec 21, 2005 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Sun Dec 18, 2005 22:25

nice slapper

QCF+Px3: Triple hip attack.

that's not a hip attack tis be her tiny buttocks!

isn't qcf kick that hopping move with hearts?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Dec 20, 2005 01:15

You are talking about the df+D/ f+D,D or qcf+D chain ender (yeah it's not the backwards flip kick like I said earlier.)

Finally had a chance against CPU today so I'll add some more:

*Close D can be cancelled to specials, as can the df+B slow sweep kick. Crossup j.D, D, qcf+Ax3 is pretty viable. Haven't tried to see if the df+B links after the D.
*Far C (upside down kick) is not bad as a slow anti-air.
*I am starting to think some link enders can not be done after certain midchain moves. QCF+P and DP+K almost seem random.
*DP+K is the super cancel on either hit. QCFx2+K will only connect properly if you cancel on the first hit of the DP+K. Rave timing seems stricker on super cancel as well.
*I can only land a 2-3hit combo of j.d+B's in corner. Also the thing doesn't seem to build meter after the first two hops (blocked.)

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Tue Dec 20, 2005 07:35

inferior angel she be. range speed damage isn't great like you said. i think gai does a better job at the flowing stuff since i felt very limited in chains.

C, downfrd B then DPkick works in corner dunno about middle of screen

hop B into combos is decent also

QCFx2+K: which version is the guaranteed hits one? haven't used supers with momo since she didn't seem like she could make really good use with them

after C f+B hurricane kicks then qcb kick decent bnb
u+B/D: think it's the dp kick move
d+B/D: yashiro down D stuff

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Dec 20, 2005 09:31

A,C,E,B,A,C,D
A,C,E,B,A,C,E
A,C,E,C,D,B,D all hit.

I've had A,C,D,D,D,D hit all, and sometimes get blocked in middle. It isn't a mixup so I'm not sure if it's just dodgy or if it's a delay issue. Personally I find the mixup ones a pain to pull out on block simply because I'm thinking too much and inputting too quick.

u+K is the hurricanes. You could stick the d+Ks after them then the ground phoenix, pretty sure the entire thing combos. I do b+P, d+K, u+K 90% of the time since people are looking for the overhead. And it is almost a free hit. Damn hard work getting in to do them though, even as wakeup pressure they lose a lot.

As bad as it looks and as bad as it is. s.A is still the tool of choice.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Tue Dec 20, 2005 21:40

i'm guessin ACDDDD is the one with her regular ground E over and over. that should be blockable.

hmm dat's weird i always do the hurricanes by holding B or maybe i'm pressin it more than once. will try C up B next time

her standing A looks like she is "giving you the thrashing of your life" lol haven't gotten used to using her standing A that is so grab bait for clark

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Dec 21, 2005 22:19

Edit 2. Included some of Frederick's stuff (don't mind do you??) Wiped out a lot of my wrong stuff.

--Simple Overview
Momoko has terrible range on moves
Most of Momoko's moves are slow to come out
Her hop game is pretty good
Momoko has a command chain game
Damage output is average at best
She takes a LOAD of damage

--Moves

u after u, uf after uf. Double jumps.
A: The cat scratch of doom
f+D, D: Similar kick to the QCF+K, followed by an overhead. Stolen from Christie Montero.
f+B: A slow flip overhead. Starts chains
df+B: A slow short range sweep, links after C or D. Can cancel specials after.
df+D: The overhead from the f+D,D by itself. Slow but does avoid stuff and has range.
E: Little splits kick, cancellable to special moves.

QCF+Px3: Triple Buttock attack. Slow, little to average range and low damage. You learn to live with it though.
QCF+K: That twisting drill kick, stolen directly from Pullum Purna (SFEX.) Really limitted use as well. Is generally safe. Looks a lot like the f+D
QCB+K: The ground based Pheonix Arrow. Like Athena's the B version does not add a kick at the end. Not safe but isn't bad. This will be a good proportion of any player's offense. Some characters can hit Momoko between the roll and the kick.
DP+K: Sits down and kicks up with both feet. Launches, can get hits after D version. Not bad against non-godly (Kula) hops. Her SC move, supers only land properly if cancelled on first hit.

--Basic Combo Game
This is pretty straightforward stuff. It is just it is hard to land and does poor damage. Jump in (well hop) of choice is j.C. low, horizontal range and plenty of stun after it.

Jump in, s.A (2hits), special
Jump in, s.D, special
Jump in, s/c.C. f+B, qcb+K
Jump in, s.C/s.D, df+B, special

Special of choice being the QCB+D. I typically use the first when not certain it will hit, the 3rd when it is definate.

The number of choices is slowly growing.

--Supers
QCFx2+P: That tiny little shove/launcher. Terrible damage again, can hit an attack after though. Only acceptable setup to LDM (Dream Cancel) A late followup of a j.D looks neat as Momoko kicks someone way below her.

QCFx2+K: The 7 option deadly rave. A,C,D,D,D,D is the easy one. A,C,E,B,A,C,D/E seem to be the best damage. Pretty sure the A,C,E,D,A,(B,D/C,E) are the mixups when being blocked. Note the mixup chains can be blocked at the mixup if spotted in time (yes even if the first 5 hits land)

Both hit after s.A.

LDM is that HyperViperBeam that takes about 4 seconds to charge up. I can't honestly say if it's unblockable or not. You don't have enough time to set it up, even after a knockdown.

I suppose supers should be used for the free damage on blocked mixup. My leaders rather the meter though since Momoko struggles on building a lot of it herself.

--Chain Game
The Angel stuff. Except not as good. Starters, linkers and enders. Pretty simple really, but hard to execute effectively. Once again blame range and speed.

Starters. s.C, c.C, f+B.
The standing C is probably the best of the bunch. The f+B is the same as Shermie's, except (once again) not as good. If these hit/are blocked you can go to the linkers.

Linkers. Basically start with any of these and end with any. You can travel up or down this list and the bottom loops back to the top. You can't change direction though. Once you are going up or down you can't change. Also you can't go though the whole chain more than once (you will be hit out of it well before anyways.) Also don't rush the motions, it is very easy to pull out the wrong command.

f+B/D: A fast multiple hit hurricane kick, can hit up to 6-7 times unless you cancel it early (bad idea). Frederick was right, this is probably the best too.
f+A/C: A slow overhead like the f+B command move
u+B/D: This is the df+D command move
d+B/D: A few low kicks, a lot like Yashiro's break dancing.
b+A/C: Appears to be a little roll with a few hits..

This stuff won't combo in general unless it is to the f+K. So basically if you have the oppertunity you mixup until hit, do the f+B (if it is next in chain) then ender.

Enders. Moves to finish the chain with (if you get this far)
QCF+A/C: A launching headbutt, can gets hits after.
QCB+B/D: A backwards flipkick. Probably the best ender. If this wiffs Momoko will just lift her leg and not go through with the flip.
QCF+B/D: Check the movelist above, it's the same.
QCF+D: Another df+D?

--The Headstomp Game
Momoko has two headstomps (d+B, d+D) in the air. B propels her forward, D back, and this stuff is pretty good. Much like Chun-Li in some incarnations these can be done multiple times and make a few very good mind games.

I should point out that these pressure games can be rolled out of, but nobody really does. If you anticipate a roll forward just just the D version and you'll end up above them still. A roll back can be met with the j.C, or if they are cornered just keep up d+Bs. These won't build up meter or guard break very well though.

Depending on jump in type and spacing you can repeat a d+B up to five times (maybe more on wider chars?) 4 is the standard and pretty easy to accomplish. These can be stopped any time and a grab attempted. The d+D can obviously be used to gain some space.

But these things get even more interesting. They combo! On hops you can combo 4 d+Bs on small chars and at least 5 on larger chars MIDSCREEN. It is not even fast either, just ensure the first is done pretty low to the ground. Hits are limitted to 2 or 3 in a corner

There are even more tricks though. You can double jump after these hops and when close to the corner (but not in it) a pretty good crossup game can be played while alternating since characters won't be pushed back on the crossup. This allows alternating d+B/d+D's esp. on wider characters.

--Conclusion.
No other char can be beaten down so savagely or as quickly as Momoko. She takes more effort to play or learn than any other char. She does close to, if not the worst damage in the game. But she can still compete, just.... It just take more effort from the player and sadly some luck. This makes her sort of fun. She also apears to have the least amount of wierdo colour schemes in the game (just the all playdough pink)
Last edited by Slapper Joe on Thu Dec 22, 2005 06:47, edited 1 time in total.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Thu Dec 22, 2005 01:54

not at all Slapper

have you noticed that her throw is parody of gato's neck break. does the same thing but has a funny face.

the qcb kick finisher also can be punished quite badly if blocked

the pink one was a cotton candy scheme. any other weird colors?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Dec 22, 2005 03:04

She has her Brazillian colour setup (still black top though.) And a slightly gawdy blue top, red slacks. But no zombie colours or anything even close to being as bad as Yuri's/Griffon's skin colours.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:28

This entire KOF XI section has been dead since the release of home NGBC and Tekken5DR. Anyways a few things I found out probably a week ago.

ACEDABD is a solid mixup rave. People here just can't block the entire thing yet.

Multiple low j.d+Bs, crossup j.B works. Either as a actual combo or just as a crossup set up. Still no luck with j.d+Bx3,j.B,s.A registering as 6 hits though, might be a bit to much to hope for (all of the B's will combo though.)

Chain can keep going on forever. Not limited to one iteration.

Knowing when and how often your opponent will roll is the key to Momoko if you want to do anything other than hop C, s.A, ender.

If opponents don't roll to any great degree you can really cause headaches with chain games, stomps->crossup/throw and random qcfx2+k. If you guess a forward roll out of chain, just stop, walk back and throw. Since stomps can be done so low to the ground this means naked jump -> throw works as well.

She can quick shift out after ACEBAC, can't QS during any of her specials though (during dp+K would have been ideal)

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:55

Slapper Joe wrote: Knowing when and how often your opponent will roll is the key to Momoko if you want to do anything other than hop C, s.A, ender.

If opponents don't roll to any great degree you can really cause headaches with chain games, stomps->crossup/throw and random qcfx2+k. If you guess a forward roll out of chain, just stop, walk back and throw.
You have no idea how true this is. Got absolutely hammered by a Momoko user yesterday, took off 2 characters life with wild mix ups in the corner. Low combo, then spin kick, then high finish if block, then a quick low attack again, spin kick, if connect, a bum attack which then gets followed by a standing kick, then on goes the pressure again. Momoko's bloody deadly in the corner, enough to make me want to learn her. How the hell did he pull this off? Then, when i finally killed off Momoko with my last character, out comes Oswald with a dB, dA, dfA, DM xx LDM, which left me rather... :monkey: