Oswald (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sun Aug 06, 2006 13:15

My regular team (actually more like my only team: I blame the fact that I've been away from arcades and KOF in general for more than half a year until recently) consists of Kyo, Malin and Oswald, and both Kyo and Malin QS into Oswald's Ace combo pretty readily if you've practiced it: Kyo from the 2nd hit of his Dokugami (qcf C) chain, and Malin from the 2nd hit of her taser (qcf b). Malin's is slightly trickier in that it normally requires more delaying of the qcb C after the dwn-fwd A, or requires a jump C/jump a from Oswald instead of a Jump D at some distances.

I just read through your post again and noticed that you've only included characters that end their QS from a launcher - you *can* actually land the Ace combo from most any combo, although admittedly, like I mentioned above for Malin, sometimes getting the correct jump attack is tricky depending on where you and your opponent are on screen.

Actually, let me take this opportunity to just write up some of the things I've learnt about Oswald since Empyrian's been egging me about not writing anything for ON...

Oswald is probably the most complex character I've ever had to learn for competitive play in KOF - yes he's got *very* damaging combos and lots of ways to land his LDM etc, but what hits when, where is very dependent on timing, and positioning of both you and your opponent.

To begin with (and going back to Kane's post): it is my personal opinion that if you're going to learn how to play Oswald, you'd better damn well learn how to connect the ACE from a QS from at least one, if not both of your other characters. The ACE finisher is just such a game winner, it can swing the direction of the match in your favor if you're losing, or make the gap between you and your opponent insurmountable for him. There's that famous video floating around Youtube that teaches most of the common setups for the ACE combo, the 2 I find most useful are (outside of corner,QS in) -> jump D, dwn fwd A,(slight delay depending on what you QSed from) qcb C, qcf b, qcf e, and (inside corner, QS in) -> jump C, dwn fwd A, qcf b, qcf a, qcf b, qcf e.

2 things about the corner only combo: If you're having trouble performing the qcf b after the dwn-fwd a, try doing dwnback,down, dwnfwd, fwd b. Also, since most people tend to block low automatically after blocking the first hit in an attack string, QS-ing in by surprise will often land the incoming jump C for you, which leads to an ACE combo. Since Jump C has problems hitting outside the corner, this has limited applications outside of the corner, although if you're gawd-like you might want to try messing around with Jump A instead, although that requires much stricter timing.

Bread and Butter combo strings: Everyone should know (dwn b, dwn a)/(dwn d, fwd A) qcb p, qcf a, qcb b by now. You should also know that there are plenty of people you can't really do this against on block, because the qcb b does have openings through which people can squeeze a stand a/gato palm super/Malin Hammer LDM etc etc.

Then there's the also standard (dwn b, dwn a)/(dwn d, fwd a) qcb p, qcf a, qcf a, which seems to be the string that most people do if they discover that the opponent is blocking. it's pretty safe, but you can still get hit by stuff like Gato's palm super, etc.

There's the 'combo' string I tend to use which has saved my ass plenty of times: dwn d, cancel first hit into qcb b, qcb a, qcf a, qcf a. The qcb b is subject to all the weaknesses that the first standard b&b combo is, so be careful about that. In return, however, this combo string gives you:

1. A nice block low/block high game. Note that the qcb b will NOT connect in a combo even if the dwn d hits, that's why I put combo in quotes above. However, the qcb b retains all its overhead properties, and if the qcb b hits, the rest of the string combos.

2. Safety upon block. This is the string I've found that's the safest. The qcf a at the end pushes you back by about half a screen or so, which makes it pretty hard to punish even by Gato's palm super. At least, I haven't been hit by anything upon this string being blocked.

3. Pretty much a combination of 1 and 2, but important enough that I think it should be mentioned: the string has its lag/opening (in the form of the qcb b) in the *middle* of the combo, not at the end, which makes catching the right opportunity to punish it a lot harder than normal.

4. Damage possibility: While the last qcf a will not connect if the opponent has been hit, a super cancel into his a randbu super will. C version will connect with strict timing for almost all hits in corner. Pretty nice chunk of damage too.

Overall defence:
This is the part I struggle with most for Oswald, but:

Stand a/dwn a are your friends. Stand a provides good defence against persistent hoppers, and even leads to an LDM if you're quick enough about it/have been charging for it, but it tends to miss against crouchers.

Vertical hop E is also a great move in Oswald's defensive repertoire. Provides good air defence, hit deep enough to connect even against crouchers. Only thing is (and this just might be me being a crappy player) is that stand E has a tendency to come out instead, which just leaves you friggin' open.

Moon slash super is totally invulnerable, I'm pretty sure. Empyrian has tried to Gato air grab out of me before, but all he got for his efforts was counter DM damage. Also negates projectiles, if I remember correctly. Only thing is that it *does* have noticeable start up, against fast hoppers like Ash I often perform the move, notice that the DM freezes the screen with their kick in my face, only to see them land and block the move in time. Very annoying. Learn to predict when your opponents will hop/jump in, and make them hurt.

Last thing: the card projectiles (dp a/b/c/d) are vastly underrated, I find. While it is true that they're pretty slow, and will disappear if Oswald is hit unless it's already on the way down, the projectiles, if not interrupted, allow Oswald to advance while there's a projectile on screen. This is never a bad thing, for any character. Due to the start up, the safe/common set ups are after a successful qcb b combo finish, or when you're about a full screen away.

That's all for now...

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 01:03

YES!~~~~ This is pricisely what I'm looking for. It's frustrating that I don't have as much 'opportunity' to learn as much as I did for the previous KOFs (earlier years, I was fortunately enough to travel quite a bit and hence I've met up with Gunsmith before, Burghy in HK, played some ppl in France and really got to adapt and modify my gameplay with theirs). Now, all I get is Youtube, the occasional trip to the arcade (which mind you, has some good players), and of course my buddies who can hold their own too. But it's not just quite the same without further 'input'. But I disgress...
Perfect Stranger wrote:My regular team (actually more like my only team: I blame the fact that I've been away from arcades and KOF in general for more than half a year until recently) consists of Kyo, Malin and Oswald, and both Kyo and Malin QS into Oswald's Ace combo pretty readily if you've practiced it: Kyo from the 2nd hit of his Dokugami (qcf C) chain, and Malin from the 2nd hit of her taser (qcf b). Malin's is slightly trickier in that it normally requires more delaying of the qcb C after the dwn-fwd A, or requires a jump C/jump a from Oswald instead of a Jump D at some distances.

I just read through your post again and noticed that you've only included characters that end their QS from a launcher - you *can* actually land the Ace combo from most any combo, although admittedly, like I mentioned above for Malin, sometimes getting the correct jump attack is tricky depending on where you and your opponent are on screen.
I figured that I should eventually just learn to QS Oswald without relying on the juggle from df+A and master the timing for Jump C/D...but it's still somewhat of a mystery as to when I use j.C and when to use j.D (j.C for corner and j.D for rest?)
Perfect Stranger wrote: Actually, let me take this opportunity to just write up some of the things I've learnt about Oswald since Empyrian's been egging me about not writing anything for ON...

Oswald is probably the most complex character I've ever had to learn for competitive play in KOF - yes he's got *very* damaging combos and lots of ways to land his LDM etc, but what hits when, where is very dependent on timing, and positioning of both you and your opponent.
Yeah I totally agree, just like I said in page 11, he has goto to be the most 'circumstantial comboer' in KOF history.
Perfect Stranger wrote: To begin with (and going back to Kane's post): it is my personal opinion that if you're going to learn how to play Oswald, you'd better damn well learn how to connect the ACE from a QS from at least one, if not both of your other characters. The ACE finisher is just such a game winner, it can swing the direction of the match in your favor if you're losing, or make the gap between you and your opponent insurmountable for him. There's that famous video floating around Youtube that teaches most of the common setups for the ACE combo, the 2 I find most useful are (outside of corner,QS in) -> jump D, dwn fwd A,(slight delay depending on what you QSed from) qcb C, qcf b, qcf e, and (inside corner, QS in) -> jump C, dwn fwd A, qcf b, qcf a, qcf b, qcf e.

2 things about the corner only combo: If you're having trouble performing the qcf b after the dwn-fwd a, try doing dwnback,down, dwnfwd, fwd b.
I think the key to performing the df+A into qcf+B and NOT get the damn detection to overlap is to NOT return the joystick to neutral after the df+A. I'll try it with the db part too; anything to distinguish the two (overlapping with DP+B) would be of great help.
Perfect Stranger wrote: Also, since most people tend to block low automatically after blocking the first hit in an attack string, QS-ing in by surprise will often land the incoming jump C for you, which leads to an ACE combo. Since Jump C has problems hitting outside the corner, this has limited applications outside of the corner, although if you're gawd-like you might want to try messing around with Jump A instead, although that requires much stricter timing.

Bread and Butter combo strings: Everyone should know (dwn b, dwn a)/(dwn d, fwd A) qcb p, qcf a, qcb b by now. You should also know that there are plenty of people you can't really do this against on block, because the qcb b does have openings through which people can squeeze a stand a/gato palm super/Malin Hammer LDM etc etc.

Then there's the also standard (dwn b, dwn a)/(dwn d, fwd a) qcb p, qcf a, qcf a, which seems to be the string that most people do if they discover that the opponent is blocking. it's pretty safe, but you can still get hit by stuff like Gato's palm super, etc.

There's the 'combo' string I tend to use which has saved my ass plenty of times: dwn d, cancel first hit into qcb b, qcb a, qcf a, qcf a. The qcb b is subject to all the weaknesses that the first standard b&b combo is, so be careful about that. In return, however, this combo string gives you:

1. A nice block low/block high game. Note that the qcb b will NOT connect in a combo even if the dwn d hits, that's why I put combo in quotes above. However, the qcb b retains all its overhead properties, and if the qcb b hits, the rest of the string combos.

2. Safety upon block. This is the string I've found that's the safest. The qcf a at the end pushes you back by about half a screen or so, which makes it pretty hard to punish even by Gato's palm super. At least, I haven't been hit by anything upon this string being blocked.

3. Pretty much a combination of 1 and 2, but important enough that I think it should be mentioned: the string has its lag/opening (in the form of the qcb b) in the *middle* of the combo, not at the end, which makes catching the right opportunity to punish it a lot harder than normal.

4. Damage possibility: While the last qcf a will not connect if the opponent has been hit, a super cancel into his a randbu super will. C version will connect with strict timing for almost all hits in corner. Pretty nice chunk of damage too.
Question: When using his qcb+P 'Spade', when does one use A version, and when does one use C? I used to use A version all the time (coz I hate having to use one version for one instance, and the other for the next) untill I was pointed out that in order for this chain to connect: d+A, d+A, df+A, qcb+P ==> whatever to connect, you have to use the C version. However, when SCing qcb+P, I find that A version SC's better off a juggle.

The different versions of Club (qcb+K) and Heart (qcf+K) and their usages are apparent, and Diamond's (qcf+P) versions are just a difference in speed?
Perfect Stranger wrote: Overall defence:
This is the part I struggle with most for Oswald, but:

Stand a/dwn a are your friends. Stand a provides good defence against persistent hoppers, and even leads to an LDM if you're quick enough about it/have been charging for it, but it tends to miss against crouchers.

Vertical hop E is also a great move in Oswald's defensive repertoire. Provides good air defence, hit deep enough to connect even against crouchers. Only thing is (and this just might be me being a crappy player) is that stand E has a tendency to come out instead, which just leaves you friggin' open.

Moon slash super is totally invulnerable, I'm pretty sure. Empyrian has tried to Gato air grab out of me before, but all he got for his efforts was counter DM damage. Also negates projectiles, if I remember correctly. Only thing is that it *does* have noticeable start up, against fast hoppers like Ash I often perform the move, notice that the DM freezes the screen with their kick in my face, only to see them land and block the move in time. Very annoying. Learn to predict when your opponents will hop/jump in, and make them hurt.

Last thing: the card projectiles (dp a/b/c/d) are vastly underrated, I find. While it is true that they're pretty slow, and will disappear if Oswald is hit unless it's already on the way down, the projectiles, if not interrupted, allow Oswald to advance while there's a projectile on screen. This is never a bad thing, for any character. Due to the start up, the safe/common set ups are after a successful qcb b combo finish, or when you're about a full screen away.

That's all for now...
That's odd, you didn't mention an early anticipated df+A as anti-air. Works wonders.

I'd like to add s.B is ok for certain hoopers, I always like to empty cancel E into whatever. For instances, E into DP+A/B/C/D works good too coz if they're too close, they'll get have to block the E and stay in block stun for a little bit.

Hehe, my Royal Flush DM (hcbx2+P) is becoming more and more predictable and my friends don't fall for it anymore. Although I still find d+D as a good bait to make the opponent jump into the DM though lol.

Perfect Stranger
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 07, 2006 06:25

Kane317 wrote:
I figured that I should eventually just learn to QS Oswald without relying on the juggle from df+A and master the timing for Jump C/D...but it's still somewhat of a mystery as to when I use j.C and when to use j.D (j.C for corner and j.D for rest?)
This is a general guideline but when QSing in: if the opponent is in or near the corner, jump C will tend to hit, jump D will tend to miss. If your back is in or near the corner, both jump C and jump D will tend to miss, and jump a is preferred, although (and this might just be me) it seems to make landing the dwn-fwd a slightly trickier. Outside of those situations, I normally find that jump D hits pretty consistently, with one caveat: If your opponent is hit while in a crouching state, jump D will tend to miss. Depending on the position you're in, jump C might hit, but a well timed jump A (which might be slightly tricky) will hit for sure.

Kane317 wrote: Question: When using his qcb+P 'Spade', when does one use A version, and when does one use C? I used to use A version all the time (coz I hate having to use one version for one instance, and the other for the next) untill I was pointed out that in order for this chain to connect: d+A, d+A, df+A, qcb+P ==> whatever to connect, you have to use the C version. However, when SCing qcb+P, I find that A version SC's better off a juggle.

The different versions of Club (qcb+K) and Heart (qcf+K) and their usages are apparent, and Diamond's (qcf+P) versions are just a difference in speed?
I generally use qcb C all the time - the C version is, I'm almost sure, faster and has a longer reach than qcb a. I agree that SCing qcb a is far easier (I think it has to do with how soon the move reaches the state where you can't do either of the spade/heart/diamond/club moves anymore but are still able to super cancel), but the only time where I would super cancel off a qcb p move is when the opponent is in/near the corner and I get off a dwn b, dwn a, qcb c, qcf b. From there, as the opponent bounces off the corner and behind you, a timed qcb a SC into ranbu super works well, but since I use Oswald as a Leader, I normally just do a qcb C into Leader SC. The timing's a lot easier with the qcb C, and I generally find I almost always have the 2 stocks needed in a situation like that.

The only time I use qcb a is in the 'combo' string I mentioned above that starts with dwn d into qcb b. In that string qcb c runs up to the opponent too much, I find, lessening the safety on block.

Kane317 wrote: That's odd, you didn't mention an early anticipated df+A as anti-air. Works wonders.
Tried it, sucked at it pretty much. Doesn't seem to work for me very well, although I guess I should give it more of a try: random dwn-fwd a, qcb a, qcf b, qcf e Ace finish is too much of a temptation to just give up.
Kane317 wrote: I'd like to add s.B is ok for certain hoopers, I always like to empty cancel E into whatever. For instances, E into DP+A/B/C/D works good too coz if they're too close, they'll get have to block the E and stay in block stun for a little bit.
Will try the stand E into card projectile setup too - I'm looking for more ways to incorporate the card projectile into my gameplay now... Card projectile coming down on a opponent waking up + Oswald jumping in = "OH NOES WHERE DO I BLOCK"
Kane317 wrote: Hehe, my Royal Flush DM (hcbx2+P) is becoming more and more predictable and my friends don't fall for it anymore. Although I still find d+D as a good bait to make the opponent jump into the DM though lol.
[/quote]

This is kinda obvious, but I tend to be more alert to chances to use the Royal Flush against characters that benefit from jumping as opposed to hopping: examples include Kim (who needs to jump to crossup with jump D or jump a or even just to do the damn chipping kick move), and Gato (who will try to jump D and kill everything you do in the air). Strangely enough, they're both characters that Empyrian uses all the time on me. XD

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:07

Perfect Stranger wrote: This is a general guideline but when QSing in: if the opponent is in or near the corner, jump C will tend to hit, jump D will tend to miss. If your back is in or near the corner, both jump C and jump D will tend to miss, and jump a is preferred, although (and this might just be me) it seems to make landing the dwn-fwd a slightly trickier. Outside of those situations, I normally find that jump D hits pretty consistently, with one caveat: If your opponent is hit while in a crouching state, jump D will tend to miss. Depending on the position you're in, jump C might hit, but a well timed jump A (which might be slightly tricky) will hit for sure.
Damn wish one of the Jump C/Ds would work consistently, now I have yet another variable to Oswald already complicated 'criteria selection'.
Kane317 wrote: Question: When using his qcb+P 'Spade', when does one use A version, and when does one use C? I used to use A version all the time (coz I hate having to use one version for one instance, and the other for the next) untill I was pointed out that in order for this chain to connect: d+A, d+A, df+A, qcb+P ==> whatever to connect, you have to use the C version. However, when SCing qcb+P, I find that A version SC's better off a juggle.

Perfect Stranger wrote:
I generally use qcb C all the time - the C version is, I'm almost sure, faster and has a longer reach than qcb a. I agree that SCing qcb a is far easier (I think it has to do with how soon the move reaches the state where you can't do either of the spade/heart/diamond/club moves anymore but are still able to super cancel), but the only time where I would super cancel off a qcb p move is when the opponent is in/near the corner and I get off a dwn b, dwn a, qcb c, qcf b. From there, as the opponent bounces off the corner and behind you, a timed qcb a SC into ranbu super works well, but since I use Oswald as a Leader, I normally just do a qcb C into Leader SC. The timing's a lot easier with the qcb C, and I generally find I almost always have the 2 stocks needed in a situation like that.

The only time I use qcb a is in the 'combo' string I mentioned above that starts with dwn d into qcb b. In that string qcb c runs up to the opponent too much, I find, lessening the safety on block.
Hmm after further testing, qcb+A definitely combos easier of the middle of the screen ACE combo (df+A, qcb+a, qcf+B, qcf+E). C version works, but it requires the df+A to be real far before the entire combo connects.
Kane317 wrote: That's odd, you didn't mention an early anticipated df+A as anti-air. Works wonders.
Perfect Stranger wrote: Tried it, sucked at it pretty much. Doesn't seem to work for me very well, although I guess I should give it more of a try: random dwn-fwd a, qcb a, qcf b, qcf e Ace finish is too much of a temptation to just give up.
You don't even want to know how many chars/combos it has costed ME--coz I was tempted to throw out the df+A ACE combos lol

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Aug 07, 2006 13:07

qcb A can be followed up by normal, non-juggle anywhere moves, while qcb C can be followed by juggle-only moves

d/f A as anti air works only well if you can anticipate jumps well. however, i find that hops tend to beat him out of it

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Aug 08, 2006 13:37

nasty combos of the week which I saw in the arcade.

Opponent in corner, jump C (crossover), Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Qcf A (whiffed) and now with opponent wired off the wall in front of you, df A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf A (whiffed), opponent over u, df A, Qcb B, Qcb A, Qcf A, LDM.

I am not sure what he did after the 2nd wire, but he ended it with 2 slashes and LDM.

2nd combo:

Opponent anywhere (as long he ends up in front of u after the wire), after the wire combo ending with Qcb A, Qcf B/D, Qcf A (whiff).....

Do this: df A -> cancel into technical roll (AB), Qcb C, Qcf B, Qcf E. 100% Ace.

Happy Ace-ing!

P.S I was wondering why you cant keeping bouncing him off the wall..... oh well, I am going to test it out when I have the time....

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Aug 09, 2006 06:20

Because the 3rd followup always has a huge recovery lag, unless you end the 3 slashes with a hcbB, but that move is laggy as well so it doesn't make much difference in the end. That and the opponent usually isn't in position for a dfA or hcbA to hit properly ^^

[Opponent in corner, jump C (crossover), Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Qcf A (whiffed) and now with opponent wired off the wall in front of you, df A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf A (whiffed), opponent over u, df A, Qcb B, Qcb A, Qcf A, LDM.]

---> You can actually end it with a normal qcf, hcb A DM as well without supercancelling...the timing is rather strict here though :D

If you have a little distance from the wall after the first dfA, qcbB.. you may also do another dfA, then qcfB, qcfA, qcfB, qcfE....the ace finisher does more dmg than a regular DM at this point, and almost as much as a LDM. But you need to be about 1/2 character length away from the corner when you do the dfA.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:18

J]-[UN wrote:Because the 3rd followup always has a huge recovery lag, unless you end the 3 slashes with a hcbB, but that move is laggy as well so it doesn't make much difference in the end. That and the opponent usually isn't in position for a dfA or hcbA to hit properly ^^

[Opponent in corner, jump C (crossover), Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Qcf A (whiffed) and now with opponent wired off the wall in front of you, df A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf A (whiffed), opponent over u, df A, Qcb B, Qcb A, Qcf A, LDM.]

---> You can actually end it with a normal qcf, hcb A DM as well without supercancelling...the timing is rather strict here though :D

If you have a little distance from the wall after the first dfA, qcbB.. you may also do another dfA, then qcfB, qcfA, qcfB, qcfE....the ace finisher does more dmg than a regular DM at this point, and almost as much as a LDM. But you need to be about 1/2 character length away from the corner when you do the dfA.
Thanks for the input, but the LDM doesnt require a supercancel and yah, you can another dfA, Qcb B, after the first one if they position is right.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Aug 11, 2006 00:21

One thnig I must say guys..seeing that like 99% of Oswalds long jump in the corner to get the crossover stuff (I play him too so it helps) it makes it too predictable to know how to stop because like all of them go for it....

You know what I am talking about..unless you are an absolute moron you know once your back is facing the wall Oswald is gonna try to long jump over you with C to get the empty whiff to combo stuff..so you BLOCK THE OTHER WAY..

All that stuff then is done...GONE!

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 01:04

Dark Geese wrote:One thnig I must say guys..seeing that like 99% of Oswalds long jump in the corner to get the crossover stuff (I play him too so it helps) it makes it too predictable to know how to stop because like all of them go for it....

You know what I am talking about..unless you are an absolute moron you know once your back is facing the wall Oswald is gonna try to long jump over you with C to get the empty whiff to combo stuff..so you BLOCK THE OTHER WAY..

All that stuff then is done...GONE!
Can Oswald still crossup someone with their backs touching the wall? I thought they had to walk forward a tad...no?

On a related note, I've never quite figured out which way to block because it doesn't happen often enough to test: When you're knocked down, and you getting up facing the wrong way (scenario: you're in the right-hand corner, you wake up facing right, and the opponent is jumping in FROM the left towards the right corner, does NOT cross you up), do you block towards the opponent (hold left)? What if he crosses you up in that scenario? I assume you block right?

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Aug 11, 2006 14:52

Yeah they have to walke forward a bit but that doesnt stop the Ozzies from trying 2 do it. But nevertheless, by that token it could create a blocking mixup if you are not aware if you are slightly near the corner or not..I play Oswald so I know where I am on the screen..:lol: Against Ozzie exactness counts!!

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Aug 11, 2006 14:53

Yeah they have to walke forward a bit but that doesnt stop the Ozzies from trying 2 do it. But nevertheless, by that token it could create a blocking mixup if you are not aware if you are slightly near the corner or not..I play Oswald so I know where I am on the screen..:lol: Against Ozzie exactness counts!!

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 17:10

Kane317 wrote: Can Oswald still crossup someone with their backs touching the wall? I thought they had to walk forward a tad...no?

On a related note, I've never quite figured out which way to block because it doesn't happen often enough to test: When you're knocked down, and you getting up facing the wrong way (scenario: you're in the right-hand corner, you wake up facing right, and the opponent is jumping in FROM the left towards the right corner, does NOT cross you up), do you block towards the opponent (hold left)? What if he crosses you up in that scenario? I assume you block right?
well that really depends on certains factors, namely how deep the jump-in is and what move is being executed. Take oswald's jump c for instance. if you get knocked down with you facing the corner, then it's very likely that the best way to get out of being comboed is to roll. im sure i've tried blocking the other way but to no avail

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 03:12

J]-[UN wrote:
[C.]

I'm definitely interested in doing the ace finisher instead of DM/LDM variations. So far I can only do:

Opponent in corner, jump C (crossover), Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Qcf A (whiffed) and now with opponent wired off the wall in front of you, df A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf A (whiffed), opponent over u, df A, Qcb B, Qcb A, DM, DC LDM.

I can't seem to add a qcf+A at the end before the DM, or find the distance for the ACE combo. Any tips?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 04:02

Kane317 wrote:
J]-[UN wrote:
[C.]

I'm definitely interested in doing the ace finisher instead of DM/LDM variations. So far I can only do:

Opponent in corner, jump C (crossover), Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Qcf A (whiffed) and now with opponent wired off the wall in front of you, df A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf A (whiffed), opponent over u, df A, Qcb B, Qcb A, DM, DC LDM.

I can't seem to add a qcf+A at the end before the DM, or find the distance for the ACE combo. Any tips?
wouldn't it be possible to replace the last string of "df A, Qcb B, Qcb A, DM, DC LDM." with just Qcf B, Qcf A, Qcf B, Qcf E Ace?