Duo Lon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
khdu
More power! ...51%
More power! ...51%
Duo Lon (XI)

Post by khdu » Fri Jun 10, 2005 08:36

I think SS was expecting me to make this thread. =P

Anyway, from what I've heard in the reports, he's gone weaker.

Discuss.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Jun 11, 2005 16:52

well, loke test says that his qcf punch, forward kick, hcb punch string is hideously unsafe on block, which means no infinite......

hmmm, still hope they took out that retarded command grab =/

Photon
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by Photon » Sat Jun 11, 2005 17:40

LOL NERFED

minimint
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by minimint » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:03

A nerfed Duolon in XI is no surprise (He does deserve some tweaks here and there)but I wonder how much did they nerf him? Some say he is now super weak which is something I really dun want to see. Kicking the top tier straight down to the bottom.... Umm I won't call that "balancing the character"... Think about Blue Mary,Leona 03 and Whip 03//////
Anyway, the new leg move sounds cool. :grin: Hope KoFXI will be a great game! And pls no SUPER weak and GODLY strong characters. 8)

EDIT BY SS: Post edited to remove offtopic content. Have a nice day~

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 18:47

Offtopic posts have been deleted. This thread is for GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION ONLY.

All other questions/comments are to be directed to the rant/bash thread.

minimint
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by minimint » Tue Jun 21, 2005 08:13

Ok, Let's get back to Gameplay! 8)
Found some information about Duolon's gameplay. Below is something quoted from Banzy san's blog http://aznpryde.banzy.lomo.jp/?eid=224406. (BTW, Don't forget to check out her website! She is a wonderful artist! :D http://banzy.lomo.jp/index.html)
超必の飛び道具は236236から2141236に変更されていて、あと新しく、236236Kで地面から幻無脚みたいなやつがバババババババっていっぱい出るやつが追加されてたです。使いどころ不明。かっこいいというかむしろびびる。足出すぎ!勢いすごい。
捨己從竜の派生はあるようですが前回の6Bとかで出た派生技はコマンド不明。CPUはやってたんで、なんかあるはず……!!!
捨己從竜ヒット後は三段目が飛毛脚のみキャンセル可能、相手はダウンにせず着地するので微妙です。下Aから捨己從竜がつながるです!下Bはキャンセル不可能です。 わたし下Bのクセがついててつい下B→下A→捨己從竜とかになる。うああん!れんしゅうします。
前回の幻魔飛翔軽功?(字わすれた)に近い技は滞空中214Kで出ます、でもけりながら降りてくるだけで、ザザーと消えたりとかはないです。
一番きついのが内牙削除!(だそうです)さらに外牙はヒットしても浮かせもダウンない。
投げ技の魔脚歩はあった。けど投げにくくなってるらしく。発生が遅いとか?私は見てないけど「前転でよけられてた」とかいってましたよ。
I think the first part is about the new leg move, the rest... Ummm... I give up! Online translator never worked well for gameplay related stuff. :-| Anybody wanna give it a try? :roll:

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 17:54

Does he still have the same 2k3 DMs and LDM? :?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Jun 22, 2005 17:59

duolon_2005 wrote:Does he still have the same 2k3 DMs and LDM? :?
the moveslist state the motions for his ball DM and his LDM, so they're most likely still in there.

also, writeup from the loketest states that you can still supercancel from palm string into ghosts DM, so im guessing it's in there too

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Jun 22, 2005 19:07

He has the same LDM? Are you sure it's not the same buttons and a different outcome?

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Jun 22, 2005 21:07

I'll give a shot at translating it...
minimint wrote:
超必の飛び道具は236236から2141236に変更されていて、あと新しく、236236Kで地面から幻無脚みたいなやつがバババババババっていっぱい出るやつが追加されてたです。使いどころ不明。かっこいいというかむしろびびる。足出すぎ!勢いすごい。

His DM projectile has changed from qcf x2 to qcb, hcf (translator's note: Gawd, I hate parsing keyboard notation) Also, his new kick dm move is done by qcf x2 k. Lots of his legs stick out from the ground rapidly. Not sure when it should be used though. It looks cool, or rather, fear-inducing. Too many legs coming out! Awesome move.

捨己從竜の派生はあるようですが前回の6Bとかで出た派生技はコマンド不明。CPUはやってたんで、なんかあるはず……!!!
捨己從竜ヒット後は三段目が飛毛脚のみキャンセル可能、相手はダウンにせず着地するので微妙です。下Aから捨己從竜がつながるです!下Bはキャンセル不可能です。 わたし下Bのクセがついててつい下B→下A→捨己從竜とかになる。うああん!れんしゅうします。

The followups from his qcf p moves seem to be there, but the commands for his stuff like his old fwd k followup are unknown. The computer has done them, so they have to be in the game somewhere...!!! The only possible followup after the third hit of his qcf p chain seems to be his qcf k teleport. (translator's note: next part I'm unsure of - I think it means the opponent lands without being KOed) qcf p move is linked from his dwn a! dwn b is not cancellable. Because I'm so used to starting it with down b, I have to adjust it to dwn b, dwn a, qcf p. Uwaaa~ Must practice.

前回の幻魔飛翔軽功?(字わすれた)に近い技は滞空中214Kで出ます、でもけりながら降りてくるだけで、ザザーと消えたりとかはないです。
一番きついのが内牙削除!(だそうです)さらに外牙はヒットしても浮かせもダウンない。
投げ技の魔脚歩はあった。けど投げにくくなってるらしく。発生が遅いとか?私は見てないけど「前転でよけられてた」とかいってましたよ。

In mid air, doing qcb k will result in move like his old ground qcb k, but he just kicks while he's falling down instead of disappearing into the ground like he used to.

Worst of all is that his dp k is removed (or so it seems). (again unsure about this next part: I think it means "Also, his rdp k move, even upon connecting and juggling the opponent, will not KO the opponent)

His hcb f command grab is still present, but it seems a lot harder to land. Is it because it's been slowed? I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told that "You can just roll out of it"

*end translation*

No promises, but find more nipponese snippets and I'll try and translate them, I guess. I haven't been keeping up with what has already been translated by Iggy and co from Madman, so I'll translate whatever you guys throw at me, I guess.

Cascade
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by Cascade » Thu Jun 23, 2005 07:41

Thank you PS.
I was dissappointed in how broken Duo Lon was in 2k3. It didn't stop me from enjoying the game, but I wanted to play him. Even though he looks cool and has clever moves, I couldn't bring myself to play such a cheap, overpowered character. To me it seemed like a waste.

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 01:24

Does he still have his two teleport moves (the one where he disappears into a skeleton and the one where he is continuously trying to get behind the opponent?)

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Mon Jun 27, 2005 06:20

He's toned down in this game, right? So, will he get unbanned in tournaments? In this game, that is.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Jun 27, 2005 15:40

hmmmm, so he does have new moves and a new dm.......well im interested to see if his 2nd and 3rd qcf punch moves are grossly unsafe.....if they are, NERFED!!!!!

yeah, still not happy about the command grab still being in it, but oh well, at least it's grossly toned down.....teleport seems heaps fast too....lets hope it wasnt as overpowered as it was in 2k3[/b]

minimint
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by minimint » Tue Jun 28, 2005 07:46

Thanks so much for the translation!!! :grin:
Umm... Think we won't need to worry about the overpower problem here. Duolon has been nerfed A LOT in this game.(all the loketest reports pointed that out.) Now what worrys me it's he may have been nerfed too much ////// I heard he has now almost no priority.The teleport distance is shortened so he may not always land behind his opponent(?). Some reports also stated his teleport has become somwhow quite rigid. (here is more quoted from Loketest reports. =P Sorry,PS!!!:bow: )
大幅に弱体化。ざっと挙げるだけでも

・屈Bがキャンセル不可。

・飛毛脚の速度がかなり遅くなったため相手の後ろに回りこむことも困難。

・幻無脚は食らっても相手はのけぞるだけで浮きもしないしダウンもしない。

・捨己從竜も突進速度が遅くなった。

削除された必殺技がない分、個々の技の強い部分が軒並みカットされたと思えばいいかと思います。

デュオロン使用者の戦いを見た限りでは、前作の瞬間移動芸はどこへやら、通常技で牽制するくらいしかないくらいに地味なものでした。

空中で斜め下に蹴り降りる新技を確認 (セスの闇月 (AN-GETSU) みたいな感じ)

地面から足が無数に出る超必を確認 (=幻無脚たくさん)

捨己從竜二段目から幻無脚が繋がる (二段目が幻無脚でキャンセル化?)

☆連続技:屈A~捨己從竜~怨閉竜身把~死両撥生斤SC新超必
2003で猛威を振るったデュオロンですが、さすがにずいぶんと変更があり、弱体化した模様。
全体的に通常技が弱くなり、攻撃力・移動スピード共に低下。また、ジャンプBにはめくり性能がなくなった可能性も?
必殺技では、「幻無脚・外牙」の発生が遅くなり、距離も短くなったものの、空中出しが可能に。
「飛毛脚」は速度が低下し、移動距離も短く裏に回れなくなった他、無敵がなく隙も増えたなど大幅に弱体化。
また、3回入力の「捨己從竜」に隙が増え、三発目で相手が吹っ飛ぶように。この三発目でのみ必殺技キャンセルが可能。
新技としては、「幻無脚・外牙」を「超重ね当て」のように画面端まで出す超必殺技が追加に。
全体的にかなり調整され、2003の庵くらい弱くなっているようですが、まだ強いとの事。2003がヤバすぎたって事ですね。
I am never a good player and I know almost nothing about balancing a game so you guys sure can see the picture better than I do.
But, let me do some nagging first. :D
I know how much trouble this guy has caused in 03 but pls treat this character fair. What we want is a balanced game, not some silly revenge. "Nerfe him!! Make him weak!!" Yes. The 03 Duolon really need some tweaks but the important thing is how much should he be nerfed. He can't do much damage by normal moves. Take away all his 03 priority, slow him down, make his moves rigid... There is not much left for him already. Now still wanna that grab out? ^__~ Mercy!
:(