Duo Lon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Invincible Duo
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Invincible Duo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 02:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGWEuV0SDA

heres yet another variation of his LDM combo.

it does far less damage than his others but it just mainly shows that d/f d is a pretty good move for his LDM.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Sep 12, 2006 06:53

Invincible Duo wrote:for me, I treat duo lons LDM like a QS combo.

one thing i noticed with the skill bars is it builds faster if you attack so chances are the opponent will not get their 1.5 skill bars filled to 2 when i do my LDM combo on them.

cool, so many inputs. =)

Hmm, I didnt know it was that case. Could it be that you have mistaken that for the different timings to "store" the first stock and the 2nd stock?

From my experience this is most likey the case:

both you and your opponent gets 1 skill stock and you use it straightaway.
I believe you shoud get ur second (but it's the only one you have now) skill stock before your opponent gets his next (which is his 2nd from accumulating).

it's like u can build 4 single skill stocks way faster than building 2 double skill stocks.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Fri Sep 22, 2006 07:30

on a small note:

if you guard crush an opponent with the last bit of the Qcf P x 3, you can Qcf B + attack and the opponent would not be able to block the following hit.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Mon Oct 09, 2006 20:18

hi there, I started playing with duolon as a leader, I am able to do the basic LDM combo:
qcf+A>f+B>qcb+C>LDM>dwn+C>qcf+B>dwn+A>(qcf+A>f+B>qcb+C)xn>dwn+A>qcf+Px3

I am going to work on the double palm combo next, but before that I got a problem to combo the LDM on a cornered opponent.
I start the combo Like the basic one then after the LDM activation I do dwn+C>f+A>qcf+D(if i do qcf+B i am still in front?!) and after that dwn+A>qcf+A>f+B and most of the time 90% the qcb+C misses, so can you post some good corner Ldm combo plz and explain what i am doing wrong.
thx a lot

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue Oct 10, 2006 05:38

dobiqwolf wrote:hi there, I started playing with duolon as a leader, I am able to do the basic LDM combo:
qcf+A>f+B>qcb+C>LDM>dwn+C>qcf+B>dwn+A>(qcf+A>f+B>qcb+C)xn>dwn+A>qcf+Px3

I am going to work on the double palm combo next, but before that I got a problem to combo the LDM on a cornered opponent.
I start the combo Like the basic one then after the LDM activation I do dwn+C>f+A>qcf+D(if i do qcf+B i am still in front?!) and after that dwn+A>qcf+A>f+B and most of the time 90% the qcb+C misses, so can you post some good corner Ldm combo plz and explain what i am doing wrong.
thx a lot
Hello...Firstly, do you mean double palm string combo or ending with double palm combo?

After the LDM, just do Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B.

that should get you behind the opponent. I dont think you can get behind him if he is in the corner.

Double palm string can only be done if you get behind the opponent. meaning you are backstabbing him on each hit. Normally the opponent would be pushed away from you when you hit him, but when you hit him from a crossover, you are actually "backstabbing" him. His back would be facing you, and when he gets hit, he moves "backwards" as in any other case, just that with backstabbing, he actually moves closer to you instead of away because of the wrong way he was facing when he got hit. This allows for the palm(Hcb C) to hit.

Also, to correct what I posted much earlier, Most damaging LDM combo Jump C crossover, double palm combo into LDM, (Stand C, Qcf B), (Stand C, Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B)** into another double palm combo, Down A Qcf A x 3.

Palm string does more damage, but doesnt allow you to finish with a double palm as it's slower and your ldm WILL finish on the palm hit (Hcb C). since you do not delay the Fwd B in this palm string, there will be no extra palm combo.

HTH

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:42

thank you derrick for your reply, I have to try doing the LDM combo with stand C instead of dwn A.
my big problem is doing a LDM combo on a cornered opponent, what should I do after I activate the LDM?.
thanks

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:45

dobiqwolf wrote:thank you derrick for your reply, I have to try doing the LDM combo with stand C instead of dwn A.
my big problem is doing a LDM combo on a cornered opponent, what should I do after I activate the LDM?.
thanks
hello again,

like i said earlier,

After the LDM, just do Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B. then whatever string you want.

You don't have to use Stand C to replace your usual Down A. It takes quite a bit to get used to swapping from Down A to Stand C (trust me, I learnt the hard way). But if you are determined, it's well worth it. your ldm combo now becomes almost fatal.

Start the combo with down A, super cancelling into LDM, you can leave Ozwald/Duck with just a tick of hp if you do the Stand C combo.

I used to start the combo with Down C, Fwd A, tele, down A.....

then moved to Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B, Down A, Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B

to Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B, Down A, Qcf A, Fwd B, Hcb C, Qcf A, Fwd B, Hcb C.....

back to Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B, STAND C, Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B...

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Sat Nov 18, 2006 19:17

whats the best move to use during his hyper-hop. I was thinkin either A or B and is a HH qcb + K worth using?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Nov 18, 2006 22:16

All have their uses. Here's a quick run through:

Hyper Hop C is the most versatile and the one you'll find yourself using the most. Good priority all around and fast to come out so you can vary the timing for anti-hop and jump in. Also a cross up, though it takes time to learn the right distance and timing to cross up at

HH E is the one you'll be using second most. Fast, high priority, large hitbox. Knock down is important against Oswald stand A> LDM attempts.

HH D. Worse than HH C in terms of priority in general, but you will want to use this also because it's got better downward range, meaning it will hit the ground a lot faster and better. 1) It varies the timing. 2) It catches d.B anti-air attempts (which HH C is very succeptible to).

HH B is fast and has large coverage, but has low hit and blockstun. Good air poke, tick-throw and insta-overhead, but has to be done a bit late for jumpins.

HH A. Fast, and decent anti-air, but mostly outclassed by other moves. Main reason you'll be using this is for cross ups, since its a slightly better cross up than but the set ups are quite distance specific. Try HH A (blocked)> hop (not HH) A (cross up).

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Nov 19, 2006 07:53

AcidicEnema wrote:All have their uses. Here's a quick run through:

Hyper Hop C is the most versatile and the one you'll find yourself using the most. Good priority all around and fast to come out so you can vary the timing for anti-hop and jump in. Also a cross up, though it takes time to learn the right distance and timing to cross up at

HH E is the one you'll be using second most. Fast, high priority, large hitbox. Knock down is important against Oswald stand A> LDM attempts.

HH D. Worse than HH C in terms of priority in general, but you will want to use this also because it's got better downward range, meaning it will hit the ground a lot faster and better. 1) It varies the timing. 2) It catches d.B anti-air attempts (which HH C is very succeptible to).

HH B is fast and has large coverage, but has low hit and blockstun. Good air poke, tick-throw and insta-overhead, but has to be done a bit late for jumpins.

HH A. Fast, and decent anti-air, but mostly outclassed by other moves. Main reason you'll be using this is for cross ups, since its a slightly better cross up than but the set ups are quite distance specific. Try HH A (blocked)> hop (not HH) A (cross up).
Hello, ya AE is pretty much correct about each of the attacks, but I would like to comment on the following:

Firstly HH A. I never use HH A. Range of this is pretty weak. Use sparingly, avoid it if you can, Use HH B instead.

HH B: This is one of his best corner trapping starters. It beats Opponents jump attacks in an attempt to trade blows with you. E.G Clark's Jump A/C/D.
It comes out faster than Maxima's Stand C/D. Very very useful move. You can normally (and safely) repeat this block damage string, HH B, down A, Qcf A x 3 (vary the delays) or do "Qcf A, Fwd B, Dp B.... then Dp B" or Stand B to poke, then HH B again. repeat string, or just normal grab. OTG dp B.

HH E is good for trading blows... even better when you do the slow fireball DM and know you oppoenent would jump. Depending on the char, High Shadow Jump E should be used instead.

Sigh, there isn't anyone that can use DL here.. Oh AE, I wish I was in SG, then I know how to improve DL when I fight DL.. argh....

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Tue Nov 21, 2006 01:43

I thought HH A/B would be good cause it comes out so fast and recovers quick so the time I land from it I can begin the ol cr. B, cr. A Rekkaken/throw mix-up or can I get that off with almost any HH move of his?

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Nov 22, 2006 16:09

i mainly use hop/hyper hop A when in LDM (mostly if i stuff up the combo). you can corner and trap opponents relatively well using basic Hop/HH and crouching B mixups in LDM mode, especially in the corner

i tend to also prefer HH D over C air-to-air at times.....seems to trade less for me

Invincible Duo
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Invincible Duo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 21:41

I dont like his j.d that much.

the hitbox is near the back of his foot and the tip has like no hitbox. i got stuffed so many times, trying to nail people throwing fireballs at me.

j.c is the best overall like someone said before me.

j.a hits really low to the ground and comes out the fastest, but too bad it doesnt stun too long.

j.b has the best horizontal reach and great vertical reach along with j.e, but j.e can be blocked low and doesnt combo afterwards like all other e attacks.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Feb 10, 2007 05:23

now, since the standard ldm combos whiff either totally or after a certain number or repeats, i've figured out a variation that works on crouching or standing opponents that arguably could do more damage, even on momoko :P

ok well, it's the standard crouching A, qcf A, fwd B, hcb C XX LDM, crouching C, qcf B, crouching A, (qcf A, fwd B, hcb C X5 ), qcf A, fwd B, qcf b....

now, depending if you've pushed them into the corner or not, they'll either be backturned or facing you

if they're out of the corner:

crouching A, qcf A, fwd B (delayed), hcb C, crouching A X2, qcf A/C X3

but if they're backturned facing the corner, then you do

(crouching A, qcf A, fwd B (delayed), hcb C X2), crouching A, qcf A/C X3

the double palm version i find might do more damage than if just doing qcf A, fwd B, qcf B......on standing opponents......

so try...feedback appreciated :)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sat Feb 10, 2007 06:08

~!T.T!~ wrote:now, since the standard ldm combos whiff either totally or after a certain number or repeats, i've figured out a variation that works on crouching or standing opponents that arguably could do more damage, even on momoko :P

ok well, it's the standard crouching A, qcf A, fwd B, hcb C XX LDM, crouching C, qcf B, crouching A, (qcf A, fwd B, hcb C X5 ), qcf A, fwd B, qcf b....

now, depending if you've pushed them into the corner or not, they'll either be backturned or facing you

if they're out of the corner:

crouching A, qcf A, fwd B (delayed), hcb C, crouching A X2, qcf A/C X3

but if they're backturned facing the corner, then you do

(crouching A, qcf A, fwd B (delayed), hcb C X2), crouching A, qcf A/C X3

the double palm version i find might do more damage than if just doing qcf A, fwd B, qcf B......on standing opponents......

so try...feedback appreciated :)
hi there, I dont get what you mean by " since the standard ldm combos whiff either totally or after a certain number or repeats"

I always start the LDM with (Qcf A, Fwd B, Qcf B, Stand C) chain. Never whiffed...

hee hee, i think you made a typo:

(crouching A, qcf A, fwd B (delayed), hcb C X2), crouching A, qcf A/C X3 should be (crouching A, qcf A, fwd B (delayed), hcb C) X2, crouching A, qcf A/C X3

"double palm version i find might do more damage than if just doing qcf A, fwd B, qcf B" true if latter chain is done with down A as the starter of each chain, but it does less damage then C starter, esp you can end the ldm with a double palm combo into down A, Qcf A x 3.