Post by khdu » Fri Jun 10, 2005 08:33

AFAIK I know he's a good character now.
Hope this keeps up.

Discuss.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Jun 11, 2005 05:24

You read it here first. He is going to be pretty high up.

Provided they return his uppercut to 2k1 standard.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jun 11, 2005 05:26

I remember reading that his HCF + P 3-hit attack is no more.

Apparently they've replaced it with the Burn Knuckle ripoff from '99-2K, now done with QCF+P.

Moriya
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by Moriya » Sun Jun 12, 2005 02:17

ShadowSonic wrote:I remember reading that his HCF + P 3-hit attack is no more.

Apparently they've replaced it with the Burn Knuckle ripoff from '99-2K, now done with QCF+P.
You mean the Kung Fu punch that practically every Kung Fu character in a fighting game has? Burn Knuckle is a ripoff of THAT.

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Sun Jun 12, 2005 09:07

Uhm... wha-?... i think SS meant that Kensou's move was the copy of the Burn Knuckle move.

Honestly i thought that move looked pretty dumb... it's like Kensou's farting. (now, that could've been in the 2k2 spoof endings... XD )

Anywho... i never am a user of him anyway.. :P

Moriya
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by Moriya » Mon Jun 13, 2005 02:15

Monpochi wrote:Uhm... wha-?... i think SS meant that Kensou's move was the copy of the Burn Knuckle move.
Yeah, I know he meant that. And I said that Kensou's move is in fact a classic Kung Fu move, that I've seen being performed by many other Kung Fu characters (Tung, for example), with slight variations; so even if it looks like the Burn Knuckle, it's not actually a ripoff. That's all. :wink:

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Xenogias » Mon Aug 08, 2005 00:00

actually if anyone payed attention, That Kung Fu punch actually looks like an imitation of Yun's dash punch, then again Gato also has a punch thats similar to it...

Which gets me the thinking since both of those moves really look alike... Anyone here think that Gato and Sie have a past?

Anyway, I didn't really like Kensou's previous form's. I liked Kensou in 94 and in 2000. I liked the dp+hp (repeatadly) move he had, although it wasn't that great of a move, atleast I dont think. I still dont know much about Kensou, I wish someone could *cough* help me out >_>

*looks to the side and throws a note on the floor providing a link to his thread - waiting for some poor bastard to come and pick it up and go to where the link is pointed at*

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~orochinagi/ ... .php?t=491

I actually didn't like Kensou when his kung fu powers returned (that projectiles is probably the only thing I like), his SDM in 2001 wasn't all that, and neither was his HSDM from 2002.

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Sun Sep 18, 2005 06:26

Actually Yuns dashing punch is ripped off from Lee in FightersHistory... :P

Cascade
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by Cascade » Tue Sep 20, 2005 09:11

Tung Fu Ru has a multi-hitting variant on the same Kokobushi punch move. I would say it is a common "kung-fu" move that perhaps is used in real life, except not as exotic; like how the senkyutai is a real martial arts move, but doesn't rise off the ground like Gen's or Yang's, and doesn't autoguard hits like Kensou's.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 14:27

Quick move list from what I tried yesterday.

qcb+P, fireball. Comes out a bit slower than before.

hcf+P, 99/2k forward punch thingy. Looks pretty good to me thus far.

rdp+K, uppercut. No comments yet.

qcf+K, double kick launcher. No comments yet, launcher. Dunno if the autoguard's still around.

hcf+B, his old hcf+A.

hcf+D, his old hcf+C.

Then things get a bit messier afterwards.

A new move, think of something close to Duo Lon's close C. I think it's a command move.

Kensou seems to have a new grab move where he finishes with a juggle, I don't know of this new move but I've seen the CPU done it a few times.

He still has the qcf,hcb+K super(s?) but I don't know whether the B version still has the overhead property.

He also got a qcfx2+P move which can miss the opponent.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Dec 17, 2005 17:35

PenPen wrote:Quick move list from what I tried yesterday.

qcb+P, fireball. Comes out a bit slower than before.

hcf+P, 99/2k forward punch thingy. Looks pretty good to me thus far.

rdp+K, uppercut. No comments yet.

qcf+K, double kick launcher. No comments yet, launcher. Dunno if the autoguard's still around.

hcf+B, his old hcf+A.

hcf+D, his old hcf+C.

Then things get a bit messier afterwards.

A new move, think of something close to Duo Lon's close C. I think it's a command move.

Kensou seems to have a new grab move where he finishes with a juggle, I don't know of this new move but I've seen the CPU done it a few times.

He still has the qcf,hcb+K super(s?) but I don't know whether the B version still has the overhead property.

He also got a qcfx2+P move which can miss the opponent.

I think he and K has been beefed up in terms of combos.

He has a new foward A which looks like the ending move of Duolon's Qcf punch, foward B, Qcb C (this bit).

Can be comboed like this: Jump C, Stand C, foward A, Hcf B.

His grabbing DM uses only 1 stock, but has lower priority now.

His air Qcb C (if hits) can be folllowed upwith down A, Qcf A. Neat combo.

His grab(dp punch) is also pretty nasty. I think you can do this if u have a leader that has those weird air property LDM (like kula/Kim/Ozwald/Athena). u can pretty do a grab, then stand A, tag out and LDM (this should connect). would try this out when i can.

He LDM releases a wave on the ground and if it hits the opponent, a weird stream looking like a long thin dragon comes flying out of the opponent and into you. then u start to glow aka '02 HDM

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Dec 31, 2005 20:35

qcf hcb D connects after dp punch.

if u get more than 1 hit on opponent in the air with air Qcb C, you can hit him again. I usually Jump D/E.

the counter on Hcf kick has been weaken(if it still exists).. i havent managed to get it to block and counter at all...

Down A x 2 / C, Qcf x 2 Punch, DC, LDM works.

imo, I rather use some other char as leader as he's already so strong as he is.

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Thu Mar 09, 2006 05:22

Has anyone been playing as Sie or actually seen some live action of him being played well? I'm kinda interested in him this year.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sat Mar 11, 2006 13:35

A version Chokyuudan (qcb+A) comes out slower than in previous versions, still, it has almost no lag after launched (this is MY main weapon for mind games)

C version Chokyuudan comes out very fast but has laggy guard animation after launched (this has to be used on wakeups or if opponent is high jumping and youve already targetted him XD)

HCF+D=unbeattable; it owns and counters almost any jumping attack (havent tried against E attacks)

HCF+B has its autoguard a second before 1st hit, not very usable. (it leaves you wide open if opponent guards)

Senki Haikkei (qcfx2 + P) Has wire damage, kinda new animation, goes up to 15 hits if i remember well, decent damage BUT its priority sucks. (u have to be sure it will connect when doing it, and NEAR the opponent, else u will spend 1 stock on nothing)

DP (f.d.df.+ p) is the old same command from 97-99, it connects even if opponent guards or not, has to be done near him or you will just see the "failing" animation.
U can connect anything after the last hit.

rdp+k has some good priority (not like 2k2, think more like 99-2k1 priority)

qcf+p: Havent found interesting uses for it, if done to close to the opponent, it leaves u open (this move in 99 was da bomb, it was totally safe, and if done near, it was a 2 hit move) Just 1 hit this time.

Question, has anyone found any usable SC on Sie?

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Wed Mar 15, 2006 21:07

SonicWaver wrote:

qcf+p: Havent found interesting uses for it, if done to close to the opponent, it leaves u open (this move in 99 was da bomb, it was totally safe, and if done near, it was a 2 hit move) Just 1 hit this time.

Question, has anyone found any usable SC on Sie?
I actually found that qcf+A is pretty safe when done from distance
doing c.B->c.A->qcf+A I don't think the opponent was able to punish...or they just didn't react in time. This of course also combos if it hits

hop C is an amazing air move, great priority, surprisingly large hitbox so it's relatively safe to just j.C when you can't think of anything else to do

dp.K's auto-guard is pretty horrible this year. it doesn't start when you do the motion, but a little bit after...right before the move hits

while I haven't found any super cancels, I've found:
dp.P->qcf, hcb+K is nice and really easy to do
dp.K same thing
you can do foward+A->dp.K, but forward+A is a little short and has no forward movement so it whiffs a LOT
however, forward+A is a great move from what I can tell, though I've yet to finish experimenting

s.closeD->f.B->qcf,qcf+P combos. Great combo IMO since f.B has a good amount of hit stun (since the move itself is relatively slow) and is extremely easy to verify into the super. Unfortunately it's hard to get a standing close D sometimes without a knockdown

you can also cancel f.B into air qcb+P. Unfortunately since the move is somewhat slow and steep angle, it's allways whiffed for me
Has anyone been playing as Sie or actually seen some live action of him being played well? I'm kinda interested in him this year.
you and me both :(

anyway, I'm out of time at the moment, but I'll be back later today