From a HK vid....

Kensou can fwdB then qcf,hcbD after a dpC grab. Works anywhere. Wooties

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Apr 06, 2006 07:01

Yeah, in this guy in the latest Henvoke vids was doing this

Kensou:
hcb f+P> f+K> qcf, hcb+D> QS Griffon when he starts the uppercut portion of the super> jump, Icarus Crash.

Guess this means that Kensou can also set up all sorts of juggle combos and maybe Oswald's df+A> strings, off an unblockable grab.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 09:40

AcidicEnema wrote:Kensou:
hcb f+P> f+K> qcf, hcb+D> QS Griffon when he starts the uppercut portion of the super> jump, Icarus Crash.
Damn people stealing my two month old strats. Icarus is very erratic on QS though, then again I always had trouble comboing into his air grab. Griffon grab in this setup soon got dumped in favour of Jazu LDM setups for damage and Yuri's for style.

Kensou's grab is dp motion, allows you to run in with it very easy. An interesting thing is the grabs missed animation is identical to his far C. After a bit of mind play people don't punish a wiffed grab very much at all.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Apr 06, 2006 15:42

AcidicEnema wrote:Yeah, in this guy in the latest Henvoke vids was doing this

Kensou:

Guess this means that Kensou can also set up all sorts of juggle combos and maybe Oswald's df+A> strings, off an unblockable grab.
oh god I hope that means super->QS vanessa infinite works
:P

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Apr 08, 2006 04:29

Any juggle combo works , with a little timing since the opponent floats upwards a little before he starts to fall (not as strict as liz's DM though).

Stuff like :

Oswald ( dfA , hcbB ) x2 in corner, or good ol dfA, hcbA, qcfB if not...
Gato's Hmm Ha Hmm Ha Hmm Ha Hmm Ha
Ash LDM

And so on...

I think I'm gonna try tagging in Kensou again for another fwdB , DM but I doubt it will work since the opponent floats much faster compared to liz

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Sun Apr 16, 2006 09:36

Sorry

Days ago i made qcfx2+C into LDM and while the oponnent died, im almost 99% sure that the tag said "LDM finish"

ill see next week consistently, just wanted to share

see ya

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Sun Apr 16, 2006 13:27

J]-[UN wrote:I think I'm gonna try tagging in Kensou again for another fwdB , DM but I doubt it will work since the opponent floats much faster compared to liz
Grab, f+B, D super, QS to Jenet, qcfx2+K, QS on first hit back to Kensou, D super works. Probably enough time for another f+B in there.

Jackal
Is it a bot?

Post by Jackal » Sun May 07, 2006 14:32

J]-[UN wrote:The start up is so slow most decent players can see it coming from a mile away....regardless of where it is done =.=;
I guess I should be lucky that most people here aren't punishing the air qcb+P punch yet, heh.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but you can connect a qcf, hcb+B DM immediately after an air qcb+C. Not hard at all, I was able to link it every single time I tried, and of course you've got plenty of time to hit confirm. For style points, quick shift on the 4th or 5th hit or so when he launches them into the air, and juggle with somebody else's DM. :P

But one thing I didn't think to try, if you do a Standing D, f+B, qcb+A, would it be possible to link the DM after that too? Maybe corner-only? I know the qcb+A obviously is never really necessary, but it sure looks stylish. :3

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Jan 02, 2007 02:37

OldOldOldOld strat, but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere. His E animation is identical to his fireball. So you have quick fb, a slow as hell fb and Alpha Ryu's qcf+Start. Better still of course is that the E is empty cancelable during the first half of the animation. So you can cancel a fake fireball into the slow "you can't jump in on me fireball." Kensou really should never be punished for throwing one (things that go through fireballs are excluded).

He crosses up pretty well with his b or d, but there is rarely a situation when you wouldn't want to use his D. c.D is great as a poke too (cancelled into fireball of course.) BnB is just the c.A*2, qcf+A. Super tends to scale pretty bad so keep it simple.

The 2 hit far C is cancellable after the second hit, or on block you can blue roll and super/normal grab with good success. On crouching opponents the standard fare is f+B (wiffs over the top), land and super grab. It is hard to react against since at that range you are fearing the c.D tick.

LDM is pretty underrated, the initial hit does good damage by itself and it'll OTG in a lot of situations (or hit someone who recovery rolls forward). DP+P, E > LDM for example works anywhere but is particularly lethal near the corner where people are scared of recovery rolling against Kensou.