Sie Kensou (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Wed Mar 22, 2006 04:08

DAMNIT....comp crashed in the middle of writing...so grrr...

-qcb+C(air), cr.A, qcf+P should work (tried cr.B but it doesn't link to qcfP)

-D, f.B, qcf qcf+P works but kinda strict timing

-dp.P, qcb+C works...didn't get enough testing to get the super to connect

-qcb+A(air) couldn't get cr.A to connect after....MIGHT be able to SC (would be able to D, f.B, qcb+A, super)...to test later

-couldn't get dp.P, j.C, land, super to work....more testing

dp.P, qcf, hcb+D still owns ^_^
D,f.B, qcf,qcf+P still owns ^_^
dp.P(or K), j.C, run up dp.P(or qcf, qcf+P) or hop into anything (cr.B, cr.A, dp.K(qcf+P...qcf,hcb+P?) works I think or hop+C, D, f.B, qcf, qcf+P might work...never tried to jump into it) nice little reset 50/50 mix-up.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Wed Mar 22, 2006 20:22

qcb+C(air), cr.A, qcf+P should work (tried cr.B but it doesn't link to qcfP)
its been already posted that this WORKS (cr. B works also but has to be done very close...)

anyway...if anybody plays Kensou against the computer (or if u are an avid Kensou Fan) :
Could u please post all of the Kensou´s winquotes u know/see, please?

im interested in reading them all (or if there are more winquotes on specific chars)

If u recall some Kensou´s winquotes, please post them in the KOF XI WINQUOTES sticky, to avoid offtopics here.

thanks in advance.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 25, 2006 07:11

alright.....his fireball has MASSIVE amounts of priority...

I did the A version a few times on my friend and even with his foot pratically INSIDE ME.....he got hit and I didn't

I know this is basically just stating what has probably been said before....but use his fireball 'tis gooooood :P

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Mar 28, 2006 07:25

Iie-Kyo wrote:Could someone help me with some anti-Kensou strategies?

There's a lame arse at my arcade who's scrubbing his fireball and his little Burn Knuckle ripoff. I'm getting outzoned by him because I can't rush him down, and because the screen's so huge, it's downright impossible for me to get to him before he ends up reading me.

My normal team consists of Kyo, Ryo, and random.

What can I do to get past his attempts at zoning me away with the fireball and Burn Ripoff? If I try to jump him he either DMs (lol Shoto) or does his rdp + K, which seems to have gained priority.

Much appreciated for your help.
hmm, for Ryo, u could counter with ultra fireball DM. either that or that dp Kick or just negate with fireball. If I remember correctly, Kensou does not earn any power gauge when doing the fireball unless the fireball hits or is blocked..just force him to jump, and you can dp punch him. if he's far, you can counter his fireball with dp D (very effective). Or you could just press forward B to "block" the fireball in style and so something after that to stock power. once you get close enough, you can trap him with your jump Cs, Down Cs, and Stand Bs.

as for Kyo, just negate with your fireball or qcf A. you can try his rdp kick, but I don't really recommend it. If you can predict when he's going to do qcf A, you can try and counter with qcf A, qcf A. Abuse Kyo's Jump B (especially the overlap/crossover) if possible. Kensou's rdp Kick isn't that strong and not reliable like other versions. When close, just spam you stand B like Ryo. He wont be able to pull off his fireball or qcf punch without getting hit and yah, he wont be able to trade blows either...

Basically, Kyo and Ryo are pretty safe to use... good anti air and good pressure game...if you can predict his fireballs, you can punish him heaps.. he cant jump at you bashly as you got very very good AA.. oh well, hope that helps.... happy playing!

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:38

a little "i dont know" refresh:

After some thought (and some foruming on other sites) it has come to my attention that if u defeat the last opponent of a stage with Kensou´s LDM, it wont show up as an L Finish

2.- I´ve previously said that, after he successfully connects his LDM, i tried making any of his SDMs from other versions with no success.

3.-After reading a little on Ash Crimson, i realized that his LDM (1 stock) has the E input after qcfx2

so...i gotta say that Kensou might have something similar then (although i totally doubt it) because the times i tried connecting any possible SDM, i did used A+C, B+D inputs.... i never thought of an E input at that time

So, if u use Kensou as a leader, and after connecting his LDM powerup, please try to make any of his DMs but with the E button instead (i doubt something will happen, but hey...its a shot)

c_ya

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Mar 28, 2006 18:17

SonicWaver wrote:a little "i dont know" refresh:

After some thought (and some foruming on other sites) it has come to my attention that if u defeat the last opponent of a stage with Kensou´s LDM, it wont show up as an L Finish

2.- I´ve previously said that, after he successfully connects his LDM, i tried making any of his SDMs from other versions with no success.

3.-After reading a little on Ash Crimson, i realized that his LDM (1 stock) has the E input after qcfx2

so...i gotta say that Kensou might have something similar then (although i totally doubt it) because the times i tried connecting any possible SDM, i did used A+C, B+D inputs.... i never thought of an E input at that time

So, if u use Kensou as a leader, and after connecting his LDM powerup, please try to make any of his DMs but with the E button instead (i doubt something will happen, but hey...its a shot)

c_ya
will try, but very unlikely... anyway, Duolon's LDM doesn't show a LDM with normal hits.. maybe the initial explosion....will test more when i can...

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 14:25

yes, to get a LDM finish with Duolon, you have to hit with the LDM flash activation (but it don't hit if it's canceled by). The simple combo I have is just to jump in with A/C/D and link it directly with the LDM.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Mar 31, 2006 18:39

Its pretty much impossible to really counter a very good Kensou....you just gotta try and get in whatever pokes you can or wait for him to guess wrong and miss a move.

DwnA, standB, standD are pretty much a bitch to get around, and his rdpD pretty much covers anything from the air...zzzz

Not a good idea to use his fireball too much

If you're using a large sized character dwnA , fwdB mindgame is going to give you fits...

On a brighter note...I saw the intro between Momoko and Kensou for the first time today ^^ It was sooooooooooo cute ~

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Mar 31, 2006 18:41

O btw, air qcbC sucks, just roll back as soon as you see kensou launch the move and its a free combo on his ass

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sat Apr 01, 2006 01:24

J]-[UN wrote:O btw, air qcbC sucks, just roll back as soon as you see kensou launch the move and its a free combo on his ass
lol, no one in his sanity would make an air qcb+C so carelessly (even though, recovery after that move is very fast, so he could connect you a c.A + hcf+a)

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Apr 01, 2006 04:31

The start up is so slow most decent players can see it coming from a mile away....regardless of where it is done =.=;

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:44

J]-[UN wrote:The start up is so slow most decent players can see it coming from a mile away....regardless of where it is done =.=;
even though, i still can´t imagine a good kensou player to make it just from jumping...

(i always use j.D ,j.B, j.A or j.C and cancel into it) so..the lag from its startup dont affect the result

anyway...

to geist:

until now i´ve correctly timed fwd.B into qcfx2+C (only in corners 4 me 4 now)

but hell yeah...its easy comboable

Violent Ryo
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Violent Ryo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:59

Edited:Posted info in wrong thread.

Anyway, loving Kensou's return. ^_^

Could someone post easy to read Ken's bnb's please??

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Sat Apr 01, 2006 14:27

standing D, fwd A, hcf+B

standing D, fwd A, qcf hcb+B

down B, down A, qcf+A

standing D, fwd B, qcfx2+C

served

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Apr 01, 2006 14:38

wat the...if u cancel an air attack into qcfC its just as easy to spot and punish

IMO good kensou players...dont use it at all, unless on an incoming character after a DOWN, but then most good kensou players would try to cross up with a jumpC anyway....

:cry: