Eiji Kisaragi (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o
Eiji Kisaragi (XI)

Post by Fuu » Thu Jun 09, 2005 18:25

We whiners were blessed with the presence of our favourite-though-not-sure-why ninja this year.
So, stuff about him goes here.

The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 06:26

Eiji has Zantetsu's super throw as his LDM.

Can't say that was unexpected, though. :)

Also, Eiji's sprites are his KOF'95 ones retouched to KOF'96-and-beyond proportions. Make of that any way you wish.

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Tue Nov 01, 2005 05:47

Down a,down a combos into super fireball dm
Stand D,forward D, quarter circle back a, ranbu super>(DreamCancel) LDM

Eijis fireball hcf a can do wire damage (bounce off wall) then whatever followup (in those vids).

:o

Undeniable
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Undeniable » Tue Nov 01, 2005 06:05

I love you SNKP, I really do. Thank you for giving us good Eiji, not some nerf version.

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Tue Nov 01, 2005 07:02

So will is be a special Iori/Eiji prefight scene?

Undeniable
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Undeniable » Tue Nov 01, 2005 08:17

I'm hoping.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:29

So am I~! :wink:

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:inb4 lol
Currently Playing:KOF 2k2 UM & BB CS
XBL:hecrob

Post by Vastago » Wed Nov 23, 2005 01:20

So please tell me something....

Is eiji a slow motion character? like chang or chin or is he a fast one like Chris?

and what about his new move? and the motions for his moves? how can i do his LDM?

Thanks! =)

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Nov 23, 2005 04:35

Eiji is pretty fast in this game.

Basically Eiji is, down b/Stand D, qcf p/qcb p.
Qcb P SCable to either DMs.
Qcf K as a runaway or anti air move. (teleport btw.)
LDM is HCB*2 E.

Brainless to use.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 17:15

OK, here's what I noted of Eiji:

qcf+P: He punches out a small burst of energy. Knocks down without recovery, and sends opponent flying pretty far back. Also works as a Counter Wire.

qcb+P: He swings out a crescent-shaped slash, sorta like the first hit of Mature's qcb+P, except this move can reflect projectiles. Dunno about DMs though.

qcf+K: Is a fast teleport. It's faster than Lin's but slower than Duo Lon's. I don't think it can go past opponent though.

qcb+K: Has Eiji rushing forward with a crescent'shaped slash.

rdp+K: Eiji hops up and kicks multiple times. Lin sorta borrowed this as his qcb+K. D version goes really high and can't hit opponent on the ground.

qcf,hcb+P: Similar to his qcb+P, except this time he thows out the crescent-shaped slash as a fast projectile. This used to be a normal move in 95, but it's way better as a DM.

hcf,df,d+K: Eiji's autocombo DM that we all know and love.

I haven't tried his LDM, but it's a short ranged unblockable throw.

To be honest, I don't really like Eiji very much. On one hand, he's surprisingly damaging for a character with no command attacks and multiple hit specials. On the other hand, he doesn't have any real anti-airs, overheads or low attacks, so he's a little too straightforward. I can't say I missed him during those 10 years of absence from KOF, but I'm not complaining him being here either.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Dec 06, 2005 17:46

... for some reason, this Eiji feels like an Eiji released for Mugen 3 or 4 months ago :s

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Dec 11, 2005 09:55

Eiji has the distinction of being the first keep away character without a real, full screen fireball (not counting the super). He's got all the tools to stay full screen from you all day- teleport, fireball reflect- and when he has meter, he *should* try to keep away, waiting for the opponent to stick out a move, then hit him with his super fireball. Lame but effective.

Lots of people play him with plenty of back hops> qcf+P, which works similar to Yamazaki, back hop into snake arms, except that if it hits on counter wire, you get a free super. Lame but effective.

At mid-range, stand D is a great poke, and qcb+ A is anti-poke, anti-hop.

Despite all his lame-o-strats, tho, Eiji dies once you penetrate the mid range and rush him down non-stop. The keep is in being able to keep out of that fatal distance consistently.

In short, Eiji is all about distancing. He is indeed a very simple character, but learning to play him well, I think, is something else.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Dec 11, 2005 15:51

AcidicEnema wrote:Despite all his lame-o-strats, tho, Eiji dies once you penetrate the mid range and rush him down non-stop. The keep is in being able to keep out of that fatal distance consistently.

In short, Eiji is all about distancing. He is indeed a very simple character, but learning to play him well, I think, is something else.
Sadly, for a character whose moves are mostly short-ranged, his defence is pretty poor once you get up close. Eiji is pretty good for keeping opponent away, but it's kind of odd that you have to play him as a keepaway character instead of rushdown. You have to, because other than his rdp+B, all his other specials are single hit attacks and easily punished if blocked. And since Eiji doesn't have any command attacks, he doesn't anything for mind games either.

To tell the truth, I never liked him in 95, but I really liked Zantetsu in LB and LB2, so I tried liking Eiji in XI as well. I can't say I do, but at least I don't hate him either.

Cascade
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by Cascade » Mon Dec 12, 2005 22:43

So wait: You're saying Eiji waits for a guy to whiff a move and then punishes him with his fireball. That sounds kind of like Hadou-Burst for Sean in SF3. Is it that kind of use? It would be really fast then.

principal panda
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
XBL:BadoorSNK
PSN:BadoorSNK

Post by principal panda » Tue Dec 13, 2005 00:37

Tel: I think u missed to write a move. he has a dp+P where he does a horizontal slash with both his hands (with a zoing sound like rugal's qcf+K) and I think this is the move that reflects projectiles.