Shingo (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Blastrezz
Re: Did anyone else notice this? (or see it)

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Sep 23, 2006 22:57

Derrick wrote:I dont like Stand C, into dp+k . I am not sure why, but when u do Jump C, Stand C, dp+K on small crouching opponents, the 2nd hit(the vital hit to bring the opponent into the air) tends to whiff.
Go for c.B xx dp+K. Also possible with a jump-in before that.
But it's so unreliable because cannot be hit-confirmed that I wouldn't use it.
His dp+K isn't exactly the best move in the game anyway.......

--Blast

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Re: Did anyone else notice this? (or see it)

Post by Derrace » Sun Sep 24, 2006 06:10

Blastrezz wrote:
Derrick wrote:I dont like Stand C, into dp+k . I am not sure why, but when u do Jump C, Stand C, dp+K on small crouching opponents, the 2nd hit(the vital hit to bring the opponent into the air) tends to whiff.
Go for c.B xx dp+K. Also possible with a jump-in before that.
But it's so unreliable because cannot be hit-confirmed that I wouldn't use it.
His dp+K isn't exactly the best move in the game anyway.......

--Blast
yah, his DP K move isn't as strong as 97/98. I tend to use it similar to Clark's DP K. i.e sparingly. but it's useful against people who like to block. as you can simply run up and command grap, or do down A/small hop B instead. In the past few versions, I think since '98 (ever since you can whiff command grabs), I have been doing Stand B into Dp B.

bah, I miss shingo his guard crush Qcf X 2 Punch DM X 2. Hmm, maybe it's more of Max Qcf x 2 Punch into Qcf X2 Punch =)

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:25

Obviously dpK is crappy compared to QS and supers. But you're comparing apples and oranges there.

I believe that jC (or B), sC, dpK, dpC is probably Shingo's best non-QS, non-super combo. It's good as a round opener and when you've used up all your stocks. Can anyone think of a better bnb for Shingo?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Mon Sep 25, 2006 15:59

christensenray wrote:Obviously dpK is crappy compared to QS and supers. But you're comparing apples and oranges there.

I believe that jC (or B), sC, dpK, dpC is probably Shingo's best non-QS, non-super combo. It's good as a round opener and when you've used up all your stocks. Can anyone think of a better bnb for Shingo?

Jump D, Stand C, Fwd B, Qcf C.

I rather take my chances with the critical on Qcf C than to muck up Dp K not connecting properly.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 14:43

Derrick wrote:
christensenray wrote:Obviously dpK is crappy compared to QS and supers. But you're comparing apples and oranges there.

Jump D, Stand C, Fwd B, Qcf C.

I rather take my chances with the critical on Qcf C than to muck up Dp K not connecting properly.
AMEN!

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Fri Sep 29, 2006 18:40

I will never do Stand C -> Dp Kick if I start the combo from a Jump C/D. It is simply too risky as the Dp Kick would most likely whiff.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 09:18

Re: QCB + C. Yeah, this move is actually a great gtfo the corner option. Why? Because it's a very practica command input for the "super AB roll". To do the super AB roll you have to run forward and roll while running. Of course, when you're getting cornerfucked this motion is near impossible to input. However, you can input a wakeup QCB + C right after your guardstun ends and/or while you're waking up from a corner trap and you'll probably have better success getting out of it because of its increased length of invincibility.

And I treat Shingo's std C -> DP + K much like Kyo's B&B std C -> 75 Shiki Kai. Do it when you HAVE to do it as a clutch for a combo opportunity. The input is easy and it's near impossible to miss it. i.e. if an opponent whiffs an uppercut and you don't know anything better to do, this is your standard B&B. It's still possible to eff up a std C -> f + B -> qcf + C if you're twitchy like I am... nothing's more annoying than std C -> f + B -> owtfhitmeplz dp + C.

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Sun Oct 01, 2006 14:23

Iie-Kyo wrote: It's still possible to eff up a std C -> f + B -> qcf + C if you're twitchy like I am... nothing's more annoying than std C -> f + B -> owtfhitmeplz dp + C.
LoL I feel you man... Happens to my Kyo and Shingo occasionally, when I get too nervous and execute the Qcf C too quickly!

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Oct 01, 2006 14:45

Eh, I don't know, but st. C > f+B > qcf+P always works fine for me because I let the f+B hit before I motion qcf+C, so the command doesn't overlap with the dp+P. From what I noticed, most cancel timings from a command attack are fairly lax, except maybe for Silber's f+A, which has a smaller cancel window than most cancelable command attacks.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Oct 01, 2006 17:26

Tel wrote:Eh, I don't know, but st. C > f+B > qcf+P always works fine for me because I let the f+B hit before I motion qcf+C, so the command doesn't overlap with the dp+P. From what I noticed, most cancel timings from a command attack are fairly lax, except maybe for Silber's f+A, which has a smaller cancel window than most cancelable command attacks.

hmm, i never had that problem with shingo, but for some strange reason (yes again!), i cant seem to do Eliz's Stand C (2hit), Fwd B, Fwd A, Qcf C.

the Dp C usually comes out...

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Mon Oct 02, 2006 00:23

Derrick wrote:hmm, i never had that problem with shingo, but for some strange reason (yes again!), i cant seem to do Eliz's Stand C (2hit), Fwd B, Fwd A, Qcf C.

Off topic, but meh. Let the stick go into neutral before the f+A even comes out then do the qcf, you have all day to do it so there is no rush. Interestingly you can even do a full 360 after the f+A and still get the dp since the input buffer window is so huge.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Mon Oct 02, 2006 06:16

Slapper Joe wrote:
Derrick wrote:hmm, i never had that problem with shingo, but for some strange reason (yes again!), i cant seem to do Eliz's Stand C (2hit), Fwd B, Fwd A, Qcf C.

Off topic, but meh. Let the stick go into neutral before the f+A even comes out then do the qcf, you have all day to do it so there is no rush. Interestingly you can even do a full 360 after the f+A and still get the dp since the input buffer window is so huge.

what I meant was, shingo's window after the Fwd B is a lot longer than say ELiz's.

anyway, regarding the SC combo after XXXs into qcf A. do you guys do Qcf X 2 A or the Rambu one? Any reason for chosing one of the other?

I tend to lean towards the Qcf x 2 A one as you can jump D/ Dp C (in corner) / LDM ( Near corner) / jump Qcf B.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Oct 02, 2006 17:09

Shoulder charge is easier to do but it does less damage than the ranbu?

The Ranbu is my preferred choice as it QSes better.

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Mon Oct 02, 2006 18:44

I prefer the Ranbu, as it has more hits and imo, more hits = better due to the damage scaling.