SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
Gameplay changes you'd like to see in KOFXII

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Feb 03, 2007 21:14

If the mods think this should be somewhere else, do feel free to move it.

I just thought I'd get a feel for what the players here think should be changed for KOFXII. Most people seem to agree that SNKP is more or less on the right track with KOFXI, but that there are still some kinks to iron out here and there. We know the sequel will have all-new graphics, but what new gameplay features/changes do you think a sequel should have?

Personally I think they had the right idea when they reduced the hitstun of jump attacks in KOFXI's arrange mode, and I think they should go a little further and make hops a little slower to add a bit more risk to hop rushdown. Of course, being the lousy player I am, I might just be talking out of my ass.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Feb 04, 2007 00:52

-Stage select when vs-ing
-Playing against the computer, the computer picks random teams aswell like kof 96.
-1 skill for SS-ing.
-Better judgement system. who ever is winning in terms of the judgement where the timer is, it should slowly move back toward the middle, therefore making them still attack to retain the judgement on their side. Even tho its a good way to get a more attackive game I have found player like to still "run" away if the clock is near zero and they have judgemnt on their side. Hopefully that would counter it so it would be an attackive game throughout.
-Maxmode either exactly like 2k2 or like Neowave.
-A parry system or just install JD like Neowave.
-Bring back old favorites to use and experience in a kof xi/xii system (orochi team, leona, vice, mature etc)
-The option to change teams (like tekken when not using cards) if vs-ing
-customization, so maybe use of a data card which allows you to store unlocked characters. If you want to play as a certain unlockable character you have to earn him/her first. Customise they way the look and how they play. In what i mean by that is...........like kof 98 where you can pick a current or older version ( kyo or 94 kyo for example). But in kof xii you get to assign certain move to the character you want so you have the all time character with the move set you always wanted to have with them. So if yashiro ever came to kof xii and the game had this ability, i would have all of his 2k2 move plus add his million dollar bash DM and hcb+A/C from kof 97/98. (hopefully you get what i mean). This would mean the snkp would have to draw all possible sprites from them but i think it would be great as you would have fights the same or expect same style from any one game, different player different customized characters.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Sun Feb 04, 2007 06:04

No Iori!

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Sun Feb 04, 2007 06:23

the ability to reviatilize ur health like in NGBC

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Sun Feb 04, 2007 06:32

G-Product wrote:the ability to reviatilize ur health like in NGBC
Yes.

And kill off Oswald. Or tone him down.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Feb 04, 2007 09:49

Anti-K' wrote:
G-Product wrote:the ability to reviatilize ur health like in NGBC
Yes.

And kill off Oswald. Or tone him down.
Replace the current ryo with '96 or '97 version.

Orochi team would be nice.

and most importantly, fix up all the bugs.. unblockable bugs, multi-players in game.

I hope they remove the time release chars thingy.. really a pain for me to unlock the chars in XI on an atomiswave board.. If they do the same with the taico X2.. Meh, I dont have the time to clock that many hours at home =(

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Feb 04, 2007 13:59

Dark_Chaotix wrote:-Stage select when vs-ing
-1 skill for SS-ing.
this imo would make the SS too broken. having to save 2 skill stocks to get out of a combo is balanced in XI IMHO mainly because of the stun bar. If it was non-existent, I see no real incling reason to have it
-Better judgement system. who ever is winning in terms of the judgement where the timer is, it should slowly move back toward the middle, therefore making them still attack to retain the judgement on their side. Even tho its a good way to get a more attackive game I have found player like to still "run" away if the clock is near zero and they have judgemnt on their side. Hopefully that would counter it so it would be an attackive game throughout.
yep, agree with this one. Although the current system is pretty alright (killing a character/doing long combos give you more judgement), if it slowly returned to neutral so each side had to fight to keep winning, i'd definetly think this would be beneficial, since it would stop uber turtling in the last 10 or so seconds of each match

-A parry system or just install JD like Neowave.
Well, this may just be me, but I really dont think JD belongs in a KOF game. It'd remove the rushdown aspect of the game and turn it into 3rd strike...
-Bring back old favorites to use and experience in a kof xi/xii system (orochi team, leona, vice, mature etc)
unfortunately, it's unlikely the new face team, mature or vice would return since they're dead :P

but leona/lin/may lee/jhun, yeah i dont see why not :P

also the return of the korea team of kim/jhun/may lee would be nice :)
-The option to change teams (like tekken when not using cards) if vs-ing
yeah, like in 2000, but IMO the player should stick with the new team if he/she wins
-customization, so maybe use of a data card which allows you to store unlocked characters. If you want to play as a certain unlockable character you have to earn him/her first. Customise they way the look and how they play. In what i mean by that is...........like kof 98 where you can pick a current or older version ( kyo or 94 kyo for example). But in kof xii you get to assign certain move to the character you want so you have the all time character with the move set you always wanted to have with them. So if yashiro ever came to kof xii and the game had this ability, i would have all of his 2k2 move plus add his million dollar bash DM and hcb+A/C from kof 97/98. (hopefully you get what i mean). This would mean the snkp would have to draw all possible sprites from them but i think it would be great as you would have fights the same or expect same style from any one game, different player different customized characters.
well, the reason T5 works with the card system is because you CAN'T buy extra moves/frames etc., but only stuff to put on your character to make them look better or worse. I know what you're saying in the sense that you want certain unlockable moves for each character seen/not seen throughout the 10 KOFs, but still it'd favour card players too much, perhaps turning down the casual gamer......

if a card system was implimented however, customisations and win record should definetly in, but buying moves and stuff, I dont think so :P

but as for my suggestions, like SS said, tone down hops and tone down hit/blockstun of jump-ins. I'd like to see KGO toned down and elisabeth become more versatile.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 21:31

- Tone down KGO. Duh.

- Fix jumpin hitstun.

- Fix juggle anywhere moves. If there are any, keep them to certain characters and make sure they dont overly break the game. i.e. K's air minute spike - stuff like that is fine.

- Fix unblockable glitches.

- Make characters like Momoko not suck.

- Get rid of the extra characters, they don't feel like they belong in the game.

- Being able to change your team each fight. I hate the fact that players tend to pick the "counter" team for your team - by being able to change it on the fly they won't be able to do this.

- Healing MvC2/NGBC style.

- "Snapback" attacks MvC2 style that cost one super and one skill bar. Smacks the current opponent's character out and "force switch in"s the character you choose. (done with QCF + BC or CD) It also disables healing for the character that was snapped and your opponent cannot switch to that character for a temporary period of time.

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 09:14

1: Bring back Leona
2: Kill off Gato and Duck King
3: Give Iori a different outfit
4: Geeeeeese
5: Bring back Vice and Mature (I went back to check the 96 Iori team ending and it doesn't mention anything about them dying, just getting beaten up pretty badly... I say it's left wide open for a Vice&Mature return)
6: Leona.
7: Finish this stupid story

Did I say Leona?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:31

Casula gamers would benefit from the base characters xii have to offer. I dont think they would suffer cos they would be playing the game original roster set.

I wasnt referring to added frames or anything. The card system would give the card user any benefits from using it or anything. Its merely to help old school player redeem some life into the game by playing or selecting older versions of a character. And customizing would give even more "freedom" to the player by giving them the oppotunity to make their character the way they want them. As i said, it would mean that the snkp team would have to draw all the sprites available for them.

I dont know, i see it as a simple and innovative idea by you may not. doesnt bother me, its just an idea to make "everyone" happy

About the other characters, the story sucks atm, and i cant see why not they cant be brought back. just dont have them in the story really.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Feb 05, 2007 13:37

Echo most of Iie-Kyo's sentiments.

I actually like the time-release characters, they present a style of play that's markedly different from the other characters without totally sucking. (Gai, Jyazu spring to mind more than the others). Also keeps the game fresher for longer.

Totally agree with Jump hit-stun - some are just ridiculous. Stop low high game into hop bs with Gato/hop a with Kula plz. I blocked high, I really did! D:

Snapbacks would be really nice, as would be healing, I think.

I'd also like to see SS being able to be done even when you're not being hit on the ground as well, even if it makes it too similiar to GGXX's combo-breaker move thingy (I don't know what it's called, please don't shoot me) Shite like *generic launch*, Gato's qcb b, b x 4 into palm strike into kick super is kinda annoying.

Actually, while we're on the topic of Gato - please, SNKP, you did a pretty ok job with balancing the rest of the cast other than KGO, but what makes you always make some characters have SO MUCH MORE available to them then the rest? It's not just even a matter of being slightly better, it's a matter of "EVERYTHING HE HAS IS EFFECTIVE/NEAR ZERO RISK". The one thing I can think of that *might* be punishable is his kick super, but even then you have to bait it since it's basically instant startup, and even then it's made up for by the fact that it's an all-juggle move and you can QS out of it and DC it as well. :/

*is probably just upset at Empyrian whoring SS into Gato, Jump D, kick super. T_T*

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Feb 05, 2007 15:29

*shoots PS :P*

On a side note, while I appreciate the contributions, can we please keep roster bitching to a minimum? I meant for this thread to discuss possible improvements to the game engine, not the roster.

Anti-K'
MOAR
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Mon Feb 05, 2007 16:50

Perfect Stranger wrote:
I'd also like to see SS being able to be done even when you're not being hit on the ground as well, even if it makes it too similiar to GGXX's combo-breaker move thingy (I don't know what it's called, please don't shoot me)
Burst.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Feb 05, 2007 18:19

Ack...if u think thats bad, ppl here whore saving shifts into almost anything with anyone ....or at least try to @@ Oswald's , Kim's and Kula's LDM are repeat offenders :(

In XII I want less annoyingly spammable normal moves. No more retarded Clark/Ralf C,C,C,C,dwnC,C and Maxima 'Goro Daimon Ds into fwdA' please...
No more Shingo/Kyo/Beni/Kula B,B,B,B,B,B,B half screen range pokes please.

Hitboxes and priorities of a lot of the far StandC/StandDs need to be fixed as well, like Kyo's retarded far StandC , Gato's far StandD, Eiji's far C to name a few....

And finally...get some decent players to really sit down and play the game in practice mode and against each other at the Beta testing ffs.....stuff like Vanessa's infinite, Oswald's dfA bug and KGOED's sheer brokenness COULD and SHOULD have easily been discovered in the Betas =_=;;;

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by G-Product » Tue Feb 06, 2007 00:33

I def. agree with Orochan's request for Leona's return and make it better than ever, she was pure fuckin gabbage in 2k3