Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED
Floating glitch?

Post by Persona » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:34

Not sure if anyone and talked about it before but does anyone know how to perform it? Basically it makes your character float above the ground a bit.

I've seen Gai and Ash float in vids but that's about it.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:29

i dont think its been talked about...but what r the properties of such glitch?

(can u recall 97, 2K2, 2K3 glitches?? like...infinite combos because of the hovering thing?)

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:34

Well basically they hover above the ground, but it not like 2k3 where you can get infinite from. Ive seen one where Tizoc is stuck between the top and bottom of screen. Attacking him didnt get him out of being stuck. You need like a grab move (oswald LDM for example) to get them out of it. But i dont know how to get them like that either...............

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Oct 25, 2006 04:09

I saw an old vid that showed this just now.

Vanessa managed to juggle the opponent with a qcb k, fwd C move, QS to Whip who does her new DM on the juggled opponent. As she QSes out of her DM to DL, somehow, the opponent(Adel) is stuck in the air.

Persona
last rank
last rank

Post by Persona » Wed Oct 25, 2006 05:08

Link to vid? :o

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:48

oh i forgot to mention this? @_@

ermm if Whip's new DM hits an opponent in the air, and you QS into anyone before the last hit, the opponent is stuck in the air. Never bothered to really test it thoroughly.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 25, 2006 13:59

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Well basically they hover above the ground, but it not like 2k3 where you can get infinite from. Ive seen one where Tizoc is stuck between the top and bottom of screen. Attacking him didnt get him out of being stuck. You need like a grab move (oswald LDM for example) to get them out of it. But i dont know how to get them like that either...............

just tested the bug, yah, just QS on the last hit, and the opponent would get stuck in the air. thing is, you cant do anything, pressing any attack button would result in a jump attack. u can squat or walk arround while floating.. pretty useless...

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Oct 26, 2006 02:01

Derrick wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:Well basically they hover above the ground, but it not like 2k3 where you can get infinite from. Ive seen one where Tizoc is stuck between the top and bottom of screen. Attacking him didnt get him out of being stuck. You need like a grab move (oswald LDM for example) to get them out of it. But i dont know how to get them like that either...............

just tested the bug, yah, just QS on the last hit, and the opponent would get stuck in the air. thing is, you cant do anything, pressing any attack button would result in a jump attack. u can squat or walk arround while floating.. pretty useless...
Explain what combo you used to get this bug.............

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 06:05

Just a heads up to Persona/everyone else interested in this: I'm going to merge it into the exisiting bug thread pretty soon, unless anyone has any outstanding objections/reasons why it shouldn't be merged.

Persona
last rank
last rank

Post by Persona » Thu Oct 26, 2006 09:42

Bug works, thanks!

P_S: teach me Guild Wars. :(

Go ahead and merge btw. :P

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:46

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Derrick wrote:

Explain what combo you used to get this bug.............
huh? it doesnt need to be done in a combo. Just have the opponent jump upwards, and time her DM so that it would hit the opp when he is in the air. then QS out at the very last hit. The opponent would then be "stuck" in the air.

Hmm, if you want to replicate this by yourself, you could always go eliz combo into her Qcf, Hcb Punch, QS Whip. wait, then DM, then QS out.

but it's a useless bug, you cant spam down A/B while you are floating like previous versions.

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Thu Oct 26, 2006 18:32

Funny how the whole game has position problems on some stages. And there's this bug.

*tries Whip's*

Persona
last rank
last rank

Post by Persona » Mon Oct 30, 2006 17:15

Locked for PS to merge or something.