Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 11, 2006 13:22

Slapper Joe wrote:All normal grabs will hit and most command grabs will too (the ones that sometimes whiff on crouchers will miss.) Normal projectiles dissipate as soon as the end of the screen is hit so they don't work. But as is to be expected, another Hayate's boomerang will work.
hello again,

tested it out in the arcades after work today.... my my, it's so easy to do... it's dirt cheap... hiding out of the screen and spamming the homerang dm...

didnt really have a use for going into the ground thou....

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Oct 11, 2006 18:57

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Oct 11, 2006 19:11

WTF! That's...retarded D:
I'm guessing it only works with Kim because of the speed of his ranbu and the fact that it can be done in mid-air?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Oct 12, 2006 00:59

The key is actually the character being tagged in having a move that propels them forward fast enough (Kula's dp+C in the vid, I just tested with Jazu's qcb+C and it worked fine.) It looks like doing it with Athena's ground teleport instead of Kim would be possible as well. The second character has no hit box or collision detection at all. And can suffer from the same ground fall-through bug from above. And only sure-juggle moves from the artifact can connect. Artifact MashDash looks awesome though.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:45

how about using this glitch to make new combos

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Thu Oct 12, 2006 13:47

huh 2 leaders?

I cant seem to get 2 ldm out..

bah i dont have infinte power stocks.....

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Oct 12, 2006 14:11

Really wierd. Has 0 to do with that dp+C like I said. Just timing of the Tag out. You can all of the one team out at once, but some characters are more likely to do moves than others when you input commands. And it isn't just anyjuggle moves that hit, but it is a reasonable guideline.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Thu Oct 12, 2006 14:16

Slapper Joe wrote:Really wierd. Has 0 to do with that dp+C like I said. Just timing of the Tag out. You can all of the one team out at once, but some characters are more likely to do moves than others when you input commands. And it isn't just anyjuggle moves that hit, but it is a reasonable guideline.
yah slapper, i can simulate the bug until there are 3 chars in the game. all by myself. what i am saying is, ozwald ldm would just go thru the opponent and out of the screen. but if i choose ozwald as leader, i cant do kula's ldm (she isn't leader, or is this an effect of the bug?)

only moves i can get ozwald to hit are his card throwing, his Fwd A, his hcb x 2 punch DM.

plus I cant tag out with ozwald when I am doing kula's LDM..

gee, I feel so NOOB

lol.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Oct 12, 2006 22:30

Nah, its just a PS2 option that allows all characters to have leader super. If you want useful characters that always seem to juggle then I'd recommend K' and Jazu as the artifacts and your other character as leader. At least this glitch has allowed me to verify that some moves are juggle anywhere depending on the juggle height.

Edit: Someone want to split bug talk into another thread?

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri Oct 13, 2006 05:14

Topic split, as per Slapper Joe's suggestion. Sorry I haven't been doing much as a mod other than daily checking in, too much shite going on in my personal life right now. T_T

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Oct 15, 2006 08:55

It does wrap around, but the window for Hayate only occurs for a moment? I tried running all the way without the CPU dummy moving. At one point, the dummy turned around (indicating Hayate had appeared on the other side of the screen), but turned back, as a I held on the joystick... Hayate was back on the 'off' side of the screen that he had actually started on.

Guess the best thing about this is that Hayate users now have something against Oswald bug abusers. I'm trying to restrain myself using it in the arcade, even just for laughs, because no good can come of that. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of scrubs jump onto the Hayate band wagon just for bug abuse.

Tho, admitedly, there is a certain charm in the idea of having mass Hayate v. Hayate off screen fights. "We each cannot see each other, but the first one to be forced to block... is outta here." Omg, its just like Death Note or Infernal Affairs/The Departed... only game geekier.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Sun Oct 15, 2006 22:50

Wierd, I ran the entire lap without changing direction once. But personally I've stopped using Hayate, I was looking for an excuse to stop playing him and this was more than good enough.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Mon Oct 16, 2006 06:27

Out of curiosity, why did you stop using him? Gawddammit, you're supposed to be the Hayate man.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:50

One too many times having him come in with no meter on the back foot and simply unable to anything until he is stunned and KOed. Wide character, low stamina and stun and no choices on defence (to risk dp+B or not, his roll and jump are not good enough, everything else really is severely not in his favour.)

Come in with meter and it's soon all gone, sadly it's usually on blowaways. And then it becomes a game of slow-mo zoning, may as well be playing Tekken, or using him on point where he could be doing it better.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Oct 20, 2006 06:09

Hmm...I posted hayate's bug all the way back in January in his thread, just didn't know how to activate it @@;

BTW does anyone know what causes Kim's LDM to like...eat up 2 stocks, give a red flash and do nothing?