Bug Discussion

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Invincible Duo
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Invincible Duo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 07:05

i'm thoroughly convinced that hayate is god tier and cant be touched by the majority of the cast.

reason being:
http://www.geocities.jp/tsunadash/movie ... _omake.wmv

of course, when hes on screen, hes fodder.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Oct 10, 2006 07:40

Okay, wth. I thought the bug required 2 player co-operation to be initiated, but obviously it doesn't.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:54

Yeah, I should of realized it required attacking on the QS in to trigger it. It makes some other humerous things availiable as well.

I just took a quick capture: http://uploaded.to/?id=cd58e7

Considering that if you tend to combine bugs together you get a brand new one I'm sure plenty of stupid stuff will be found. Oh and you can get low enough so a c.D will wiff by 1 or 2 pixels, I can't get any lower.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Oct 10, 2006 16:02

For more information about the bug, I need people to translate this. If I am getting it correctly, it talks about how to counter it.

名前: KOF好きな名無しさん 投稿日: 2006/09/26(火) 00:56:16 [ kgfFhrww ]
ハヤテ画面外逃走阻止まとめ。

1.条件を仕込ませない
限りなく不可能に近い。SSで引っ込んでもOKだし。。

2.交代キャラにQSさせない
限りなく不可能に近い。地上技ガードorヒットしたら終了。

3.QSで出てきたハヤテを撃墜する。
試してはないがイメージでは一番何とかなる。例えば誰かの近C→QSハヤテなら近CにSSすればハヤテにSS攻撃を当てられるかもしれない。
ただしそこまでに2スキル溜めるのは難しいと思う。
またSSしてもハヤテ側が出てきた瞬間に弱烈風殺で手前に降りられたら御愁傷様。

4.そもそもにしてジャッジで負けない。
理論だけで言えばこれに限る。
ジャッジで勝ってれば画面外に逃走したハヤテを追う必要がなくこちらが逃げればいい。ブーメランも画面外から端には届かないしガードすればジャッジは傾かない。

こんなもんか。

Translation provided! Kudos to TT and Sho. (Ironically. XD)

1: don't let them meet the requirements
2: don't let the chartracter change
3: kill hayate when he comes in with the QS
4: just win with time over

Useless to a certain extent. :P

Edit 3:
hayate bug
1. throw boomerang (maybe air boomerang if you want to use it in a real match)
2. normal shift to another character before the boomerang comes back
3. quick shift to hayate and the bug is complete.

Edit 4:
What I get from the vid is that if you manage to hit Hayate if he tries to be funny by jumping in and out of screen. The bug is disabled.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 21:29

There is also a region slightly lower than normal that you can 'sort-of' lock yourself in (Being hit doesn't knock you back up to normal height, but being knocked down does, as does jumping usually.) But being in this region won't do this. No where as useful as feet off the screen-height, but it still allows you to duck certain stuff like the crappy-hitbox throws (Kensou's dp+P, Griffon hcf+B.)

If you get low enough moves won't launch as high so I'm sure there are some more combo opportunities there too. The way he morphs when right at the corner is particularly funky if you use a air d+P as well.

Should also note that it just has to be a QS. Attack before doesn't have to hit, and neither does Hayate's.

EDIT: Certain things can do alright knocking out of it when he is offscreen. Momoko's beam has a fullscreen length. So if he is less than that distance offscreen that is an option. Ironically the character who is probably best at getting him in this situation Jyazu looks like he is the best at knocking him out. D,U+P has a fair bit more range (not infinite) but more than enough range to tag him as he runs away. Just got to hope Hayate doesn't avoid the icicles. Stuff only needs to be blocked to pull Hayayte back on screen. Wonder how much range Goro's stomp would have.....

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 22:55

Invincible Duo wrote:i'm thoroughly convinced that hayate is god tier and cant be touched by the majority of the cast.
ahhahaha great zynism! love it! :D
Invincible Duo wrote: http://www.geocities.jp/tsunadash/movie ... _omake.wmv
of course, when hes on screen, hes fodder.
So that convinces me of the existence of this bug. It has been reported to me by some of our German players just 3 days back on Saturday. Although they produced the bug with Ramon. They weren't able to reproduce it though.

--Blast

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:53

so is there any word on whether this is console only? rather, was the bug done in arrange mode and not arcade mode?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:59

Slapper Joe wrote:Yeah, I should of realized it required attacking on the QS in to trigger it. It makes some other humerous things availiable as well.

I just took a quick capture: http://uploaded.to/?id=cd58e7

Considering that if you tend to combine bugs together you get a brand new one I'm sure plenty of stupid stuff will be found. Oh and you can get low enough so a c.D will wiff by 1 or 2 pixels, I can't get any lower.
man, the site you uploaded to is crappy. I am getting 0.2kb/sec

and it freezes after awhile..

could someone kindly upload it to fileshare or somewhere else?

thanks.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 02:34

I just threw it up on a random upload site:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EEU1EIHH should be faster.
It is arcade or arrange.

EDIT(again): Interestingly, when this is enabled you can break Sho's generic C throws as usual, but his D throw is unbreakable.
"" Saving shifting out while not in possession of boomerang or while homerang is out works the same.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 11, 2006 05:02

Slapper Joe wrote:I just threw it up on a random upload site:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EEU1EIHH should be faster.
It is arcade or arrange.

EDIT(again): Interestingly, when this is enabled you can break Sho's generic C throws as usual, but his D throw is unbreakable.
"" Saving shifting out while not in possession of boomerang or while homerang is out works the same.
Hey Slapper, thanks for the second upload, (but it's so hard to find the dload button in mega...) haha.

How did u manage to get him so low in the ground? Meh, I dont have a PS2, and it would take forever before I unlock Hayate..

Would the bug work if you throw your boomer and normal change out before getting ur boomer back? What do you actually do? Just keep jumping backwards when the "conditions" are met? how do you come back in? When changing chars, would the incoming char be in screen or off?

sorry for so many questions.. This is almost as buggy as Maxima/Beni bug in '99, where striker beni grabs the opponent off the screen..

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 05:47

Just get Hayate off the screen when he hasn't got proper possession of his boomerang (taunt and running are always animated with the boomerang, even though he doesn't have it.) Then come back in with an attack (a.k.a. quick shift or saving shift.) The bug is activated immediately so Hayate can pull an attack out (air d+A demonstrates it best) earlier than usual while still just a bit off the screen. If Hayate comes in and hits the ground in a neutral state then the effect is lost. So you can come in with a jump attack, or come in, crouch straight away and attack, or hit ground and attack right away. If an attack comes out before the neutral state he gains the bug until he tags back out (the tagged in character will be on screen as usual) or is hit/grabbed. But if you are lower on the screen than normal when SSing/QS out then certain jump in attacks will cross-up when they normally wouldn't.

Once off the screen he moves as usual. I ran for about 30secs off the screen and it took another 30 to come back. I presume it would wrap around, or he'd get stuck or the game would overflow eventually.

To get low just enable bug then just jump and do a move. He won't 'land' until the move's animation is finished and will keep going down till it's done. Air boomerangs get you the lowest. And since certain jumps fall faster than others some will get you lower. Getting close to being able to visibly duck King's LDM. The air d+P's still check height and stop the attack early if getting low to the ground, shame about that.

I guess the main problem with this is it is really easy to do and claim it was by accident since you are using normal game mechanics. So just banning it may be a problem.

WhatWouldItBeWithoutAnotherEDIT: It does end up wrapping around. Same amount of whitespace on both sides of the screen, and lots of it.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 11, 2006 07:04

Slapper Joe wrote:Just get Hayate off the screen when he hasn't got proper possession of his boomerang (taunt and running are always animated with the boomerang, even though he doesn't have it.) Then come back in with an attack (a.k.a. quick shift or saving shift.) The bug is activated immediately so Hayate can pull an attack out (air d+A demonstrates it best) earlier than usual while still just a bit off the screen. If Hayate comes in and hits the ground in a neutral state then the effect is lost. So you can come in with a jump attack, or come in, crouch straight away and attack, or hit ground and attack right away. If an attack comes out before the neutral state he gains the bug until he tags back out (the tagged in character will be on screen as usual) or is hit/grabbed. But if you are lower on the screen than normal when SSing/QS out then certain jump in attacks will cross-up when they normally wouldn't.

Once off the screen he moves as usual. I ran for about 30secs off the screen and it took another 30 to come back. I presume it would wrap around, or he'd get stuck or the game would overflow eventually.

To get low just enable bug then just jump and do a move. He won't 'land' until the move's animation is finished and will keep going down till it's done. Air boomerangs get you the lowest. And since certain jumps fall faster than others some will get you lower. Getting close to being able to visibly duck King's LDM. The air d+P's still check height and stop the attack early if getting low to the ground, shame about that.

I guess the main problem with this is it is really easy to do and claim it was by accident since you are using normal game mechanics. So just banning it may be a problem.

WhatWouldItBeWithoutAnotherEDIT: It does end up wrapping around. Same amount of whitespace on both sides of the screen, and lots of it.

Hello again,

Thanks for the reply, but I am still confused.

Am I correct to say if you throw the boomerang and then attempt to jump out of the screen, you would be able to do so?
What has that got to do with taunting or running?

In the other clip, I tot the bug was activated when you QS in after Gato's DM and hope backwards.. But according to what you have mentioned, would I be correct to say that it's just a way to "retain" the bug? Likewise, for all the coming in and attacking before neutral state. Would you be describing how to maintain the (bugged) state rather than obtaining it?

As far as I see it, there are 2 bugs, one jumping out of the screen, and the other going through the ground yah?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 07:47

His taunt and running animations have the boomerang on his back, even if he doesn't actually have it.

Layman's.
You throw the boomerang and then shift out before it returns to your hand. How you do it doesn't matter.
Get back in and attack before you are in a standing neutral position. This can only be fulfilled via a QS or by SS and attacking right away.
Run off the screen, or fall through it.

They are basically part of the same bug. You can do the air boomerang as the QS in and fall through the floor, or do them separate.

If two bugged Hayates walk into each other when they are both off the screen they will reappear in the corner but having swapped sides. Same as if a bugged Hayate off screen walks into someone in the corner and they will swap sides.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Oct 11, 2006 09:24

Slapper Joe wrote:His taunt and running animations have the boomerang on his back, even if he doesn't actually have it.

Layman's.
You throw the boomerang and then shift out before it returns to your hand. How you do it doesn't matter.
Get back in and attack before you are in a standing neutral position. This can only be fulfilled via a QS or by SS and attacking right away.
Run off the screen, or fall through it.

They are basically part of the same bug. You can do the air boomerang as the QS in and fall through the floor, or do them separate.

If two bugged Hayates walk into each other when they are both off the screen they will reappear in the corner but having swapped sides. Same as if a bugged Hayate off screen walks into someone in the corner and they will swap sides.
icic, thanks for the clarification.

Can hayate be grabbed (normal or command) when he's in the ground? So basically, he can stay off screen and spam his boomerang eh? Would fireballs (like iori's, kensou's) hit him? Hmm, it's a very nasty bug.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:31

All normal grabs will hit and most command grabs will too (the ones that sometimes whiff on crouchers will miss.) Normal projectiles dissipate as soon as the end of the screen is hit so they don't work. But as is to be expected, another Hayate's boomerang will work.