No votes
MOW Team (Jenet, Gato, Griffon)
4%

Total votes: 24

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:52

How the heck could people forget about the Fatal Fury team???????? All 3 characters have insane air-air, air-ground priority

IMO Fatal Fury team > K' team = Eiji's team > Ash's team

Problem with Ash's team is that oswald and Shen are pretty weak against characters with strong hit and run moves, Ikari team has...Whip....which is pretty much a bonus stage against most characters.

I would put Eiji's team on par with K's team, or maybe slightly higher in fact.

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:23

my vote for ash team surely
due to the balance of the team
i don't wanna talk of tiers..or it will become the motw team with gato raping all of the rest

looking to a lot of matchvids i got that ppl doesn't understand how to deal with kof xi playing it as prev kofs

1vs1 kill one the other comes in

few tags and rare save shift..
i play differently and the no scrubby vids make the same
tag, pressurize and mixup with tags..
xi is designed with this engine, scrubs play it as in 1998
who can use this new stuffs at a decent level surely can blast all of the scrub ass around
Persona wrote:
Ash is really lacking without his LDM, he lost almost all the stuff he was good for in 2k3. Crappy QSing, crappy stun potential, crappy damage.
ash can be used as a zone character..not rushdown one
if you lack combo potential and damage you have to change your gamestylr

i use hom since xi came out and trust me you can give hard time to everyone zoning with fireballs (even his dm one) and keeping them away with sommersaults

and when you come close use his throw to open for new mixups
i don't wanna go in deep 'cause this is not ash's strat thread but he have good setups and 'things to do' everywhere in the screen
even turtling with him is useful to gain stocks

then ok ash is not a chara that can jump all the time as gato being always in advantage
is hard to use but when you master his strings he can become a pain even without ldm
Put him as leader and he's a monster
sure
, but it's really hard to choose which LDM you would want, Ash or Oswald.
then we go back to the scrub discussion..come on, everyone can pick oswald and do stA, LDM
but this shit how long can last against a good kof player?
surely is a weapon in plus for oswald

Most ppl will probably go for Oswald for the simple input unlike Ash where if you mess up your combo, you can say goodbye to all that damage. Lots of great setups though.
yes but a decent ash player i don't think can waste an ldm more than once or twice in a vs session
his customs are made all of down up and back forward
and timings are really easy once you've trained a couple of times in practice mode
and if you still have hard time with his customs just activate ldm while juggling opponent and to a fireball series for the same damage as the sommersault chain

I wish Ash was better, but then people would complain he's broken. :P
'cause with some little boosts he surely had surpassed gato :P

and the other balanced one i like is the garou densetsu team..but again those teams are not so scrub friendly

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Thu Aug 17, 2006 13:35

I voted Kyo's team

I think as a "team" they're the best.

Iori - starting char and battery
Kyo - setup
Shingo - leader

very good interchangeability. Kyo into shingo leader only uses 2 supers and one skill, does good dmg and easy to setup. Individually I would say they are definitely worse that K's team but as a team I would say they are better. Iori isnt that good a char but I think vs another character with no super he can hold his own.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Aug 17, 2006 20:20

Voted Hero Team simply because that's the only full team I ever see being played competitively. I think its clearly stronger than say, the Rival Team, too, which I use.

I think Ash as a first character tends to work very well in some matchups and less so in others- i.e., whoever whom he can hop D ad infinitum for free = work well.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Thu Aug 17, 2006 20:30

i vote for K' team, maxima is the pillar of the team, he is good against any one and doesnt need meter he is a really good qs starter , then you got K' combo freak, so a simple qs with maxi and k' can stunt or kill. and if k' is down you got leader kula to play with maxima, so as a team they are really dangerous bc of the qs factor.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Aug 18, 2006 03:30

Still no love for Kim, Duck , Terry? @_@

All 3 are great batteries and combo starters...good LDMs except for ducky... great QS starters and enders...superb priority....

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:36

well, if you go for the whole team dynamic thing, then i guess possibly kyo/iori/shingo (L) because as geese said above, they go extremely well together....

however, if you include the tiers/QSability/damage/priority etc., then i'd say hero team.....seriously, who could go past oswald.....+ash....+shen even :P

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Sat Aug 19, 2006 02:12

J]-[UN wrote:Still no love for Kim, Duck , Terry? @_@

All 3 are great batteries and combo starters...good LDMs except for ducky... great QS starters and enders...superb priority....
i like them so much in fact they are another powerful team but with no SS tier in it aside of kim that is struggled to be strong or shit

personally i play as kim and terry in my top team (with ash as leader) and those two coupled together are fucking deadly kim is still an S tier and can deal with almost everyone he have his worst matchup only against gato (for what i noticed myself aside official tier lists) others are still balanced
terry this year can do wonders against everyone he have mixups and damage plus a very nice ldm
both can corner opponent well or take them near it (so i put in ash to ldm their ass in corner)

duck have great priority on his crA and nice mixups but i think he have too much bad matchups with high tiers and an useless ldm..only one useful DM (the deadly rave one) but he works great as tag partner
or maybe i didn't figure yet how to be effective with him otherwise my top team will be the garou densetsu one

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Aug 20, 2006 16:24

Call me weird, but I'm more comfortable using the MOTW team than K' or Ash's team. Tizo may not be as nasty as Maxima, but he's solid and damaging, if lacking in QS options. Gato and Jenet do plenty to make up for Tizoc's weaknesses, and all of them work well as team leaders, though Gato is the obvious choice here. And besides, Jenet and Gato are annoying as heck once they're on the offensive, plus they build stock at a ridiculous rate.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Aug 20, 2006 16:39

There are subtle problems when using Hero team. I mean, sure Shen is definitely 2nd character but putting Ash and Oswald first creates the same kind of problem.

They both need stocks to work. Oswald is notably easier to get countered to death as a 1st character than Ash.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 22:05

K' team, definitely. You got a Powerhouse, a Stunner, and an S tier. Granted, Kula and K's QS-ability is crap, but it doesn't really matter, since the only person you'll really need is Maxima to QS OUT of. Maxima is an awesome starter character who requires little to no stocks to do decent damage. As P pointed out, this is probably one of the strongest versions of Maxima ever, and if you ever find yourself having trouble against an extremely strong character (not just Oswald and Gato), you can always switch Kula in to take care of them, then switch K' in when Kula starts getting beat up to build stock and do as much damage as possible before you go back to Kula to abuse her LDM combos.

For a team that is great if you can force 1 v 1 character situations, I'd actually say the Garou team also. Each character is pretty solid on their own, especially Duck and Kim. Terry, unfortunately, is weaker without Power Stocks, but he can still put up a pretty decent fight.