KOF XI PS2 Characters + Bosses: General information

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:51

Tel wrote:OK people, I'm in the final stages of preparing my guide for the next release. There are a couple of things that I've been meaning to test, but I don't have the time to play KOF lately, so I was wondering if any one of you guys could do the testing. Actually, it's just one test, except with different charas.

- Do Ash, Shen Woo, Duo Lon and Vanessa's mode activation LDMs allow you to dizzy opponents while the mode is active? I know Vanessa's LDM does lead to dizzy combos, but that's after the MAX mode has ended. I'd appreciate it if anyone could check if charas get the stun meter lowered when getting hit by the abovementioned characters. If I remember correctly, you can't dizzy opponent with Ash and Duo Lon's LDMs.

Thanks in advance.
for duo lon the answer is NO, when the LDM is active he doesnt do stunt damage.
for shen, I think the opponent will be dead before being stunt.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 17:12

Yeah, I managed to get some testing done today. I'll be posting an updated guide this weekend.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Oct 20, 2006 19:39

There is one exception for Duo Lon. His toe kick (DP+K) will still do stun damage, even in LDM mode. It doesn't have shadows though.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 21:54

Well, it's a projectile, so it won't get mirrored, so I can understand why it does stun damage. But I doubt you can actually dizzy someone with it even if you spam it.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Oct 21, 2006 01:58

I have stunned with it before. :D Happens mostly if you start the LDM when the opponent is low on stun bar.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Oct 21, 2006 04:02

Nice, though I doubt you actually benefit much from dizzying your opponent with the LDM on, since it's better to just keep the combo continuously until the effect wears off.