KOF XI PS2 Characters + Bosses: General information

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Shirakani » Sun Jun 25, 2006 13:56

I should also add that Magaki's input feels very uh...'bosslike'. It's not friendly and sometimes a move doesn't come out when it should. It doesn't have the usual smooth feedback of a regular character.

Kinda normal i suppose as he really wasn't meant to be playable in the first place.

Magaki's LDM also does not do much damage, probably around normal DM damage at best. But if you block it, the insane chipping damage is still there. No biggie tho, he doesn't need his freaking LDM to kill you.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 18:29

No surprise there. One look at Maki and Adel's move commands in 2k3 and it's clear they weren't meant to be playable. Although it's quite odd that Mukai's move list feels quite natural. I remember even Zero in 2k and both bosses in 2k1 felt somewhat unnatural.

Kingrand
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Kingrand » Sun Jun 25, 2006 19:10

Tel wrote:No surprise there. One look at Maki and Adel's move commands in 2k3 and it's clear they weren't meant to be playable. Although it's quite odd that Mukai's move list feels quite natural. I remember even Zero in 2k and both bosses in 2k1 felt somewhat unnatural.
For me, Adel is still same with KOF2003. A. Kunst Vier is still easy (b+B, actually I hope it would be qcb+K x3), G. Drucken is still unblockable in Arrange and Arcade mode (I really hope it's overhead, like you said in your FAQ. humm, I think you should correct it). Genocide Cutter is qcf,qcf+K, which is good. And Kaiser Wave is a great addition.

btw Tel, I really love your KOFXI and NBC FAQ! They help me a lot. Thanks!

I think you should add Arrange properties too. And Arcade/Arrange differences.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sun Jun 25, 2006 23:38

Kingrand... love your Mai cosplay icon. :drools:

By the way, Tel, in the Shion thread a lot of people have given me input on the move list, and I've updated the descriptions and added a move for her bare hand style chain. Her dp+K anti air in wushu style has autoblock, which is something I couldn't test myself but found by getting whacked out of a jumping move by her anti-air.

Essentially, the only big addition is the B&B she does against everyone, c.B, c.B, f+E. She does the same animation as her standing E (forearm strike), and is cancellable (into her dp+P, qcf+E style change, etc) and super cancellable into her DM (which is what the CPU Shion does when she doesn't have stock lol).

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Jun 26, 2006 04:53

Tel, if you've gotten enough information about your FAQ, leave a message here or something? I'm going to change the title of the topic to something like "PS2 only characters general information" or something.

Kingrand
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Kingrand » Mon Jun 26, 2006 19:38

alexis wrote:Kingrand... love your Mai cosplay icon. :drools:
Haha... thanks ^.^

I just want to add some, Tel:
- Robert's charge time is not as short as in NBC. He's more like rushdown type (KOF2003) than tricky type (NBC), since the command of Kouryuu Koukyaku Geri and Ryuu Hanshuu is back to f+A/f+B. And yes, Ryu-Geki Ken isn't SCable is a big loss for Robert.
- You can charge Tung's Chou Shou Nami (LDM) ala Robert's Haoh Shokou Ken. But it's still blockable even if you fully charged Chou Shou Nami.
- I don't really agree with the statement of Geese was totally worthless in NBC. But yes, this Geese is more friendly (but not as strong as he is in NBC). His Reppu Ken and Double Reppu Ken is back to '96 version (not SVC/2002 version). His Shippu Ken is also back to '96 version (which is very good for pressure). Joudan Atemi Nage is hcb+B, Chuudan Atemi Nage is hcb+D, and Gedan Atemi Nage is hcb+E.

PS: Please add the new cancel chart for Arrange Mode. And yes, Arrange and Arcade differences for all the characters. Love your FAQ, man!

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 15:21

Uh, so sorry about the late reply. Sure, go ahead with the title change. I'm not sure if that's all the questions I have for now, because I'm not actively working on my guide yet I just released an update last week, so I'm in no hurry to get another release out till July, lest I make a whole bunch of mistakes.

Kingrand, I'd be only too glad to include cancel charts for Arrange Mode and the PS2 characters and the diffrences, if anyone would be glad to supply them. I've been prowling around the differences thread, and if it's OK with you guys to add in the information within, I'll put it in my guide. I don't want to rush this however, since the game just came out on the PS2, and you guys will probably have a lot more to add to the thread in the coming weeks. I don't have a console unfortunately, so whatever that's PS2-related will have to come from you guys.

BTW, thanks very much to all of you for your contributions Your help is much appreciated! :)

Kingrand
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Kingrand » Tue Jun 27, 2006 17:54

It's my pleasure to help you, Tel.
I'll try to make the cancel chart for Arrange version. But I believe Shirakani is much better than me.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Wed Jun 28, 2006 02:16

Huh? cancel chart for Arrange? you can do it, i'm not even playing Arrange much.

Kingrand
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Kingrand » Wed Jun 28, 2006 07:17

Okay, I'm trying to make the arrange cancel chart, boss movelist, and original characters movelist.
Note for Tel: Adel's G. Drucken (God Press) should be (in both Arcade and Arrange)

EDIT: There's not much differences between Arcade and Arrange Cancel Chart. I've finished Shion & Magaki Movelist. I'll send it to Tel, right away!

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 14:44

Yeah, I noticed Adel's God Press is unblockable. Although it's only unblockable if you pull it off standalone, otherwise it will miss.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:25

Tel wrote:Yeah, I noticed Adel's God Press is unblockable. Although it's only unblockable if you pull it off standalone, otherwise it will miss.
There is one exception, it seems.
Try n.C (2), b+B (2) and cancel to hcb+A. I think that's a nice setup when opp. blocks the first four moves the spacing is perfect for the A-godpress....
See for yourself. Found it out yesterday and I want to test it more.

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58

I guess that's what the A version is for, since it's so much slower than the C version. I normally use the C version in combos, or just fire it off standalone. BTW, how many hits does Adel's qcf,qcf+B do normally? I can't remember if it does one or 2 hits in XI.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Thu Jun 29, 2006 16:49

Just one. The D ver does two (slide + kick).

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 17:13

This thread is kinda drifting off topic, but I noticed some weird stuff with Adel. I think his Genocide Cutter (both versions) do an extra hit on CH. I took 3 hits crom a CH qcf,qcf+D today, which was kind of suprising. Speaking of which, it seems only his LDM or qcf,qcf+B seems to chain from his Super Cancel. I didn't bother trying to SC into the Kaiser Wave, since it didn't seem like it'll hit anyway.