PS2 Arcade vs Arrange mode difference.

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Aug 18, 2006 03:26

kuro kuma wrote:
we are all very lucky to have a arrange mode that fixes dumb glitch crap from the arcade version. i for one and quite happy to have the option to make my gameplay better.
Nope. Play too much arrange mode and see what happens when you play in arcades.

I for one is not looking forward to the SNKP XI tournament to be held later this year cos it is on Arrange mode.

In addition, a balanced game is not necessarily a good game to play and vice versa.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Aug 18, 2006 05:17

Lynko wrote:Eh, my thoughts on the whole "Why is everyone mad about Arrange being around" Dealie.

As a side note though, I do kind of see Arrange as kind of a mix between older style KoF gameplay, and...2003. I say 2003 because most B&Bs just don't work, and characters that were once decent without being super broken (Duck) are kind of brought down hard. Plus it is less hop/poke reliant..

Anywho, I'm guessing no one can tell any big Whip or Athena changes? You'd think they'd would beef em up a bit. But I guess Arrange offers a less broken cast overall by dragging down the performance of others save for a few nice changes (most of Terry's..)
People appreciate good changes, but the negatives of arrange and the problems caused by additional characters far outweigh the good of the port. Sure some positives came out of it (look at how we were all ragging on the the 3D backgrounds because of the tripe in NGBC and the early screenshots of home XI) but they ended up doing a better than average job there. It's just as I mentioned, there was no quality control on the GAME. SNKPlaymore couldn't of released the arranged mode as a way to update the game when it introduces more problems than it solves.

They did it as a way to appease the casual gamer. I obviously didn't hint strongly enough to this in my previous post (being subtle never works.) The thing is KOF:MI2 was designed with the single goal of catering to this crowd, admitted to by Falcoon himself. So when something like this happens to XI and tournaments are announced for this 'revision' it really should make people wanting to win or playing for serious competition miffed.

That is pretty much what this is breaking down to. Competitive vs Social. Same ol' deal. Thing is they'll be eaten alive by Midway, Team Ninja and co. in the social fighter playfield.

----

I spent an age trying to find changes to Athena, I'm sure one of her crouching pokes had a bit more range. A proper arrange mode would have done a hell of a lot more than that.

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Sun Sep 03, 2006 13:58

For me, as long as the home version of a KOF game (or any other game) is exactly the same as the arcade version, I'd be a happy man.

No need for any gameplay fixes, 3d bg or stuffs like that. I wouldn't mind them though, but there must be an option to turn them off.

I always play Arcade-mode, because I do head out to the arcade to play now and then, so I want to train my game on a system that is exactly the same as the one I find in the arcades.