How K, G, E are your characters?

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
How K, G, E are your characters?

Post by Empyrian » Tue Jun 20, 2006 14:03

I never got to type this out until now.

While KGO team is without a doubt the God tier team in the game, 3 distinct schools of play can be derived too. Find out which schools your characters gravitate to now!

They are K, G and

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue Jun 20, 2006 17:08

Lol...the people I hate getting on random ...

Whip
K=0.5 (or ASS tier)
G=1
E=1.5

Whether its on defence OR offence, all your moves are gonna be outhit or outprioritised by everyone AND their uncles. Only chance of doing any damage against a good player is by running like a coward and baiting crouching C/ hcbB whip shots XD....does well against Momoko though.

Looks like Whip is still being punished for being such a whore in 2k2

Hayate
K=1
G=1
E=2

He's actually pretty good if you manage to keep away from rushdown whores...too bad his horrible stamina, stun meter AND predictable moves make it easy for rushdown whores to uh...rush him down. He can zone pretty well against the slower characters in the roster though. And he does well against Eiji simply because he shuts down Eiji in the air.

IMO getting any of these dogs (or worse, both of them together) when randoming is a good sign that you should insert another token in advance.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Tue Jun 20, 2006 19:43

I... don't think I fully understand but I'll give it a try.

Jenet
K = 2
G = 2
E = 2

I was tempted to give her 2.5 for defense, but I remembered that she doesn't technically have a good anti-air, EXCEPT her standing E. For some reason this attack will either out-prioritize or trade hits with jumpers and hoppers. Also, against rush down, she can whip out her Aurora (qcf,qcf+K) and her initial invincibility frames help her get the hell out of that corner! That and a good qcf+K (hit or blocked) followed by d+D in mid-air. You don't have to throw the rest of the kicks, just glide out of the damn corner.

As for offense, I can't hop for the life of me, but her jump D is a good crossup, and her easy combos are, well, easy to pull off. She doesn't have
much rushdown anyways, so she's nothing so special there. However, on a QS combo she's a golden finisher with jump D, A, C, qcf+D, d+D, D, D, D (one of these will miss, but in the corner tap another D); or if in the corner, qcf+D, d+D, land, qcf,qcf+K.

As for zoning, how many times have you seen a Jenet throw a projectile when you're down, and then have you eat her "crack shoot"-like move when you jump it or roll through it? Add to that her standing E's strange priority against anti-air and you have a moderate zoner. If you want him to stay away, stand E and qcb+D go a long way. She may not cover much ground as, say, EIJI, but she's no rookie.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 03:22

Comments now, contributions after.

Kim's c.D by all accounts is an awesome zoning move. I'd give him more than that just on the account of that thing.
Can't see how Malin's defense is any better than Gato's.
Hayate zones better than a 2 :( Rushdown-Syo is also 1.5 worthy, he can lock down a lot of characters and not give them safe rolling options. Back+C doesn't make defense any better than a 1 though.

Athena:
K=1. Normals don't stop anything, and neither does SCB. P.Sword does too little damage considering it's laughable priority. P.Infinity is only saving grace.
G=0.5. No damage, no good BnB. Command-grab withouth PI is a joke. Generally unsafe.
E=1.5. Worst fireball in the game, normals can't space at all. P-Arrow has been worse in the past so it isn't bad. Fear factor of P.Infinity helps a bit.

More later maybe.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Jun 21, 2006 06:52

IMO Eiji is horrible in defence, once you get near him and start baiting moves he gets totally shut down....apart from a standA teleport then flee...

Oswald is pretty crap on defence , especially if he isn't leader or doesn't have 2 stocks to make the opponent worry about the standA/B --> leader thingy. Moon super startup is too slow to be used in a pinch...it often ends up being a do or die move (unless the opponent is silly enough to attack from a really high jump or something). The Moon usually ends up being used as a deterrent instead of something you use to get yourself out of a pinch.

Syo only has that boomerang to zone...and once its out its pretty much safe for the opponent to start running (at you). His qcbK(air) and dwnA/C in the air are worthless moves against an experienced player

Athena's SCB rocks o_O And the fact that you can cancel it safely sure doesnt hurt either. Her damage comes from zoning and single hits now... avoid using her fireball unless ur really far away and concentrate instead on pressuring with her high priority nomals (crouching B, stand C, closeD-standC, standCD-teleport). Her phoenix arrow is surprisingly good when thrown in the mixup as well.

Oyeah...one thing about a KGE team, it isn't really capable (or practical) of doing a 2 skill stock full stun combo....need Oswald for that.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Jun 21, 2006 07:50

I would assume stand A, D teleport for Eiji is actually very effective runaway tactics...

If you are using a KGE team, you are not really going for Stun combos anyway. You are going for, "ARGH, juggle omg, kick*5, DM finisher..." or a random palm super QS, juggle to "you can juggle further into that stupid LDM too??" XD

Clark
K=2
G=2.5
E=1
A good example of power given to the undeserving. Clark's offensive and mind game abilites are perhaps top 3 in the game. Pity the competition.

Ralf
K= eh, you mean you use Ralf defensively? XD ok I guess he gets a 1.
G=2.5
E=2.5
His defensive measures actually stem from his zoning abilities. A pretty skewed character imo. Very fun to whack people with but not really that fun anymore when he is getting whacked. XD

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:56

Most decent normals will hit Athena right out of SCB startup, and good ones will beat her clean during the middle of it. I didn't take into account it's recovery when NOT cancelled to fireball, which is actually great (if someone decides to not actually hit you during it.) Her normals don't have enough range to pressure. Her normals don't deal enough damage to be feared. Her normals don't even lead into anything that deals damage. You have no reason not to try to just smack her when she is on top of you or trying to get close.

Zone with Syo's backwards hop -> qcb+k. f+C/qcb+k from midscreen. Push away with a bunch of safe normals. Early multirang to shut down stuff. Shame people still think he is nothing but a full screen fireball chucker.

Card Slasher Super is not slow.

Momoko.
K=0. Haha sure thing. She can roll......
G=1.5. Keeping it simple is alright, getting close is the hard part.
E=0.5. d+C I guess. Is qcf+k safe?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Jun 21, 2006 14:58

Oswald's defence is good if you take into account the range and relative low riskof his normal/command anti-air's: stand A, stand B, df+A, and the fact that they are potential ACE or LDM set ups. He's got a much better effective range of 'safe' defence than a whole lot of characters, which makes up for the lack of a DP. Moonslasher is fast. Not '97 Rai O Ken fast, or even Gato Palm slap fast but more than fast enough. Sure, it gets faked out by hops, but that's what stand A/B is for.