Hotaru Futaba (XI) -PS2 Version

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Mon Apr 24, 2006 17:50

Because I HAD to create a thread dedicated to my beloved Hotaru chan :3

Hopefully, she'll be as crazy as she is in NGBC :0

benoit
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by benoit » Mon May 01, 2006 13:44

Yeah man, I am glad she is in, I just gotta love her cute adorable portrait :oops:

Tiamat
Powering up...24%
Powering up...24%

Post by Tiamat » Wed May 03, 2006 15:03

Is she only in the PS2 version? ORGASM SUPER FTW

btw Where could I find a full list of the characters?

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Fri Jun 09, 2006 03:20

GOOD NEWS FOR HOTARU LOVERS LIKE ME! (possibly)

According to SNKP's newest site update (6/8/06), Hotaru is unlocked by clearing Challenge 10! (possibly)

As for what the challenge is, here's the deal. You need to win the challenge by timeout; this means you must somehow bring the judgement indicator in your favor. As to how much toward the opponent it initially is, and how much time you have to clear the challenge, I have no clue. However, according to what I can read, which is not very much, you start with no gauge whatsoever (I suppose no skill stocks either).

Read and see if you can mooch more info from this!

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... son03.html

There is a possibility that Hotaru's unlocking doesn't really happen by clearing Challenge 10 and that it's just an example. But someone with more proficiency in written Japanese please figure it out.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 07:43

SNKP's newest promos (narrated one by Kyo and the other by Ash) depict Hotaru's Dream Cancel!

In KOF XI, her qcf,qcf+P move is NOT her LDM, as it would be inferred from NGBC. Her qcf,qcf+K move IS her LDM, and the DC is as follows.

qcf,qcf+P (around 6 hits) xDCx qcf,qcf+E (I suppose this is the motion)

The combo in the promos show that Hotaru is faster than in NGBC, since she can link two B from her d+AC stance together, and that she CAN do qcf,qcf+P during the stance, although this has never worked for me in NGBC. So it was as follows:

d+AC (stance), B, B XX qcf,qcf+P (5-hits), LDM (Total: 15hit@60%)

In the video, the Hotaru player did two hits before this, but were cut from the video.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Tue Jun 27, 2006 09:58

Changes to Hotaru:

-Her d,d+AC stance is now done d,d+A.
-Her back stance can be done from a standing position now, by doing d,d+B.
-Attacks from her stances will link after her f+B command attack if f+B was cancelled into and the stance's input motion was done immediately after and the stance move can hit before the opponent is out of hit stun from f+B. This was also possible in NGBC, but it's somewhat easier now that both stances are accessible.
-Her d,d+A stance's B can link into her C->A chain and is SCable into her DM or LDM.
-Unlike NGBC, her DM is qcf,qcf+P (her multiple hit DM) and her LDM is the very obvious sexual reference one, performed qcf,qcf+E.
-Her df+C command move will still get her into the back stance, and will still combo from light and strong attacks, BUT will NOT combo into anything, not even the back stance's C or D attacks.
-Her back stance's f,f+BD has been changed to a very, very (thankfully) simpler qcf+K motion, with D being the original version and B being a small version that does not cross up. Nice for keeping the pressure.
-Hotaru can only juggle the opponent after breaking her qcb+K move, as her back stance's D will always knock the opponent away.

I will post more as I see them.

Theundyingmage
Is it a bot?

Post by Theundyingmage » Fri Jul 07, 2006 03:59

A flashy BnB combo for Hotaru

Jump D,Close C, Forward B,dd+B,B,dd+A,C,A

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:12

I kinda wanna learn how to play her, cos she seems somewhat reminiscent to the mindset you gotta have when you play Jhun (with the stances and everything). In generaly, what is she good at? Mindgames? Lockdown? Rushdown? Zoning? Is she as borken as the other NGBC characters or is she actually balanced enough to "fit" in the XI cast?

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:05

IMO she sucks, her stances are even more vulnerable than momoko's and have no priority either...but I still like her XD

The problem is her stances are about the same speed as they were in NGBC (which was a slow game) whereas XI speed is really high....the result being she ends up getting hit everytime you try to stance something.

Jhun had a lot of dangerous moves which could zone very well in his stances. Hotaru has uh.....

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Fri Jul 07, 2006 13:52

I got somewhat ok with her in Garou...so it WTFCAKE'D me to no end when i tried her in NGBC, huge changes...

I never did get the hang of her stances, not at all...If someone can post some strats using the stances, it'd be much appreciated.

Right now i'm just abusing her b&b which seems to be close C, f+B -> special.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Jul 07, 2006 15:13

hotaru has an infinite, but its really hard to do

stand C (hold), dwnfwd C quickly upfwd D (low jump)

the timing is really hard to grab, but it works

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sun Jul 09, 2006 04:25

Shirakani wrote:I got somewhat ok with her in Garou...so it WTFCAKE'D me to no end when i tried her in NGBC, huge changes...

I never did get the hang of her stances, not at all...If someone can post some strats using the stances, it'd be much appreciated.

Right now i'm just abusing her b&b which seems to be close C, f+B -> special.
I can help you... I LOVE using her stances.

Well, for starters, you KNOW she has no decent anti-air. You could try d,d+A, u+K and if it doesn't out prioritize it trades hits. B version hits once and doesn't go up too high. D version hits three times. Also her d,d+B's D works nicely.

There's a couple of important things to know about her stances:
1) you can link her stances after any normal or command move,
2) you can hit some attacks before the opponent leaves the hit stun of said normal or command move (a cancelled f+B or df+C),
3) d,d+A's B can be SC, and links into C, A combo.

So therefore, you can try this.

jump D, stand C, "INSERT COMMAND MOVE HERE", d,d+A (will not hit), quickly B (will combo since opponent is in hit stun from the command move) then:

1) SC into qcf,qcf+P or qcf,qcf+E
2) C, A
3) QS
4) C, QS

Or...

jump D, stand C, "INSERT COMMAND MOVE HERE", d,d+B, C, then SC.

See Hotaru kick butt in these two vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja7WS__0GRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PSgYbnm9B0

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:25

Uh, odd request here, but could someone make the notations for these Hotaru BnB's?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mBJASEcI9oo

It's a little hard to tell with her stance moves and stuff XP

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Mon Aug 21, 2006 03:45

Geese wrote:hotaru has an infinite, but its really hard to do

stand C (hold), dwnfwd C quickly upfwd D (low jump)

the timing is really hard to grab, but it works
The only way I can cancel her df C is by a jump and an attack at the same time, but then the attack will hit early and I can't follow with anything when I land. Any tips?

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Re: Hotaru Futaba (XI) -PS2 Version

Post by G-Product » Mon Aug 21, 2006 03:59

Kyosuke Kagami wrote:Because I HAD to create a thread dedicated to my beloved Hotaru chan :3

Hopefully, she'll be as crazy as she is in NGBC :0
.......fan-boy.....