K' (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Feb 25, 2006 15:23

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but K' can connect Chain Drive LDM from a crouching D.
I think somebody here mentioned about Narrow Spike->Heaven Drive without SCing. I got hit by that today. D:

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Sat Feb 25, 2006 23:25

LDM from a d+D?? can you connect this anywhere??

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sun Feb 26, 2006 02:37

His LDM actually has the same properties as his jump qcb +K. It has a combo anywhere property

some situations I have used it in

jump +E -> LDM (can do jump +E twice on counter into LDM)
jump qcb +K -> LDM
LDM -> LDM (works midscreen, after first LDM hits, do the second LDM in the opposite direction)

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:01

Geese wrote:His LDM actually has the same properties as his jump qcb +K. It has a combo anywhere property

some situations I have used it in

jump +E -> LDM (can do jump +E twice on counter into LDM)
jump qcb +K -> LDM
LDM -> LDM (works midscreen, after first LDM hits, do the second LDM in the opposite direction)
can you do this in the corner?

.....df d into air MS, air MS, air MS, LDM? i always forget to try it since k' is no my usual leader...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Feb 27, 2006 01:01

You can do that.... but that combo is so hard, I usually dont waste my LDM like that unless I wanna show off ;p cos with that combo, there is a high possibility that the LDM will miss

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Mon Feb 27, 2006 02:51

ok...how about if lessen the air MS...will the chain drive be easier to connect?

also does his jump a work like kims jump a?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Feb 27, 2006 05:38

But LDM *2 scales like crazy.... XD

IMO, K` is a little overrated but still generally quite good to use.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Feb 27, 2006 13:02

Empyrian wrote:But LDM *2 scales like crazy.... XD

IMO, K` is a little overrated but still generally quite good to use.
I agree. considering the first LDM does crap damage, you get scaled crap damage for the second LDM... not worth it

I only use K' as leader if I want to do high hit count flashy combos or as a combo finisher

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Mon Feb 27, 2006 13:06

i think so too that k' is overrated...
he only looks strong though...unless you can show me a jump attack that is pretty decent...i always get beat when in air to air battle when ever i use his jump d...
so what are k's good jump in attacks...
jump c can cross-up...

how about his jump a? does it work like kims jump a or kyo's jump b?

dp a can be strong anti-air?

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 16:42

I think that K' can be really effective on pressings and combos.

The fact that is far standing C is cancellable by his f K -> combo makes him really dangerous for opponent's pressings.

His has a good mind game with his cr B / df D

For jumping attacks, I use D for air to air (cancel with minute spikes if it hits), or C for hops, cause the hit stun is really long, and give you all the time to choose your combo.

His dp C avoid wake up pressures, since it's totaly invincible (I don't say that you have to do it evrytime, just the fact that you can do it is a danger for the opponent)

His dp A can be used as anti air, but need a perfect timing.

His far standing B and cr D are good for poking game.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Mon Feb 27, 2006 17:08

oh ok...i'll try k' again next time...

im trying to get the hang of MSing opponent when ever i win an air battle with jump d...but i always do it via jump again when i hit the ground not cancelling the jump d...
i use his stand a, e, stand far d, to counter the start of hops...
ill try to utilize more of what frionel said...

for dp a to be anti-air...do you need to do it late or early?

flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Tue Feb 28, 2006 01:08

What are the properties (range, where it hits, damage, combo-ability, animation, etc) of K's (haha I didn't even have to add an apostrophe for that) E button?

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 06:35

Actually, K' kinda has the "Shen Woo" property because of the INSANE speed of the Heat Drive. If you see your opponent mess something up and you can't get there "in time" to stuff them, throw it out. If you see them flinch, throw it out. If you see that they're gonna try to jump purely for transportation purposes, this is your answer.

What makes the dwn D -> LDM combo fearful is because of the fact that it can almost be used at will (provided you have the execution for it), basically if you leave a hole in your pressure game, K will hit you with 50% damage at will. This adds a weird kind of fear factor that he normally does not have. Slip up in your game, dwn D leader, almost no questions asked. Overrated maybe, but seriously, if you've trained yourself to do "reactionary" crouch D's vs. stuff in 2k3, then this is just that extra thing you need that will make getting hit by his D this year painful.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Mar 02, 2006 06:45

Apparently the Hong Kong message boards note that if you want to play K', you should play 'with guts', specifically, when using the Heat Drive. It makes sense to throw out Heat Drives even when you think you're gna trade, cause of super high counter damage. Its also safer than the Shen Woo punch. Shen Woo punch usage can be reduced to a science, since its invulnerabilities and vulnerabilities are pretty fixed. With K' Heat Drive, its a lot more of a gamble.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 07:02

I can't seem to get his air minute spike's juggling out properly... <_<.