A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by -4n'Dant3- » Thu Jan 05, 2006 18:14

did you remember to get skill stocks?

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Fri Jan 06, 2006 03:33

of course! however i wasnt doing the full combo, just C, qcfD,D qcfx2P, LDM, so maybe the opponent was too high in the air for it to connect? I thought this shortcut might be easier and more reliable, but i guess not.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Sun Jan 08, 2006 02:48

Gemini its just timing....

i do qcf d, d , hcb b, qcf a, qcf a, dp C sc into qcf x2 a -> LDM

cos this way I can judge how high the opponent is in the air when im juggling him and remove one of the qcf a if necessary but still hit most of the combo
Last edited by Geese on Mon Jan 09, 2006 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Sun Jan 08, 2006 03:42

??????????

hcb B??? he still have this move?? I tought it was only a follow up now after the qcf A, qcf P...

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 06:37

Geese wrote:Gemini its just timing.... the hcb b needs to hit high, so that the opponent will juggle high but I do the combo differently

i do qcf d, d , hcb b, qcf a, qcf a, dp C sc into qcf x2 a -> LDM

cos this way I can judge how high the opponent is in the air when im juggling him and remove one of the qcf a if necessary but still hit most of the combo

I seemed to have the feeling that u mean
qcf D, D, qcf A(no hit),hcb B, qcf a,qcf a,dp C (sc) qcf x2 a->Ldm?

is that wat u are getting at?coz theres no more hcb B anymore..I think I know where u r getting at.. hmm.. thx a million!! :smile: :grin:

Im not sure if this in practical can be done but i did miss qcf A coz i did it too fast before..

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Jan 08, 2006 06:42

christensenray wrote:of course! however i wasnt doing the full combo, just C, qcfD,D qcfx2P, LDM, so maybe the opponent was too high in the air for it to connect? I thought this shortcut might be easier and more reliable, but i guess not.
dude, i saw you try to execute it the other day.. after the qcf D, D, you need to run forward before doing dp C as he isn't in the corner. u need to run close enough so that his dp C could actually get 2 hits.. then super cancel on the first hit. In doing so, the dp C would actually hit him when he's very very low, allowing you to DC into LDM.. very nasty when this can be done when opponent isn't in the corner.

as for the hcb B? WTH???? going to try if you can actually hcb B after qcf D, D.. very unlikely.....is it a typo??

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Jan 08, 2006 13:31

yes, it is a typo. looks like he means qcf A, hcb B, qcf A in the combo, putting the lone qcf A after the hcb B string.....i could see how this would be better, though.....

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Jan 09, 2006 13:46

yup... sorry guys, it was a typo...

(Corner)jump B, stand C, qcf D,D, qcf A,(wait)qcf A,hcb B, Dp C, (sc) qcf x2 A, (dc) Hcb x2 E.

even though this combo works, what I meant to say was that

its easier and more effective when challenging to omit the hcb b

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Jan 12, 2006 19:29

Few things that no one's mentioned:

qcf a auto guard got pumped up *a lot*. The auto guard frames come out pretty early in the execution of the move, and I think it auto guards all the way through from there. Spaced properly, it's a fantastic poke, since it's still very safe on block (not so safe if the opponent predicts you using it and rolls, but eh, so are a lot of things)

It's really very easy to cross over with Kyo this year. If your first jump b is blocked, do a hop b and you should cross your opponent up. That's it.

Dwn B, stand C timing seems to be a lot more forgiving this year, though since you can now do dwn b dwn a dwn fwd d dokugami, I suppose this has limited applications.

The range at which Kyo does a close C, as opposed to a far C, seems to have been increased this year, i.e. close C comes out from further away.

RED kick seems to have improved a bit in terms of priority.

Fireball's recovery is pretty long, it seems best to be used after a blocked jump C, stand C, fwd b, to push the opponent away if you need to.

Since 2k3's stupid damage scaling system has been replaced with something more like Guilty Gear, Kyo's supers are usable again... the standard c, qcf d,d, orochinagi combo still does good damage, although I think you might have to hold the button for a while before releasing it.

Overall Kyo this year seems *really* good. If your opponent doesn't have a good anti air, between his easy 2nd hop b cross over and his dwn b dwn a dwn fwd d Dokugami, a good Kyo can be a nightmare to face. He's basically got so many possible ways he can land that Dokugami chain on you now, and while the damage got cut back a bit from 2k3, it still hurts plenty, and it's pretty easy for the Kyo player to tag out after the 2nd hit of the Dokugami chain for even more hurt.

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Scruffy » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:06

Perfect Stranger wrote:Few things that no one's mentioned:
Since 2k3's stupid damage scaling system has been replaced with something more like Guilty Gear, Kyo's supers are usable again... the standard c, qcf d,d, orochinagi combo still does good damage, although I think you might have to hold the button for a while before releasing it.
There is no need to hold onto the punch button before releasing the Orochinagi - just delay the 2nd kick of the juggle.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Sun Jan 15, 2006 05:57

Perfect Stranger wrote:

qcf a auto guard got pumped up *a lot*. The auto guard frames come out pretty early in the execution of the move, and I think it auto guards all the way through from there. Spaced properly, it's a fantastic poke, since it's still very safe on block (not so safe if the opponent predicts you using it and rolls, but eh, so are a lot of things)
This is SO true. I pulled an aragami just as my opponent using Shen did his qcfx2P super. My aragami autoguarded the entire thing!! LMAO
Very satisfying.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 15:43

Can't seem to connect QCF,QCF+C after his QCf+D,D... That is I didn't delay the second kick... Maybe I should. But there ain't much diff between his QCf,QCF+A and QCF,QCF+C right?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jan 15, 2006 17:46

qcfX2+ A is faster than the C version.

Case in point: DP+C (1 hit)> qcfX2+ A combos, but the C version will not combo.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:04

No skill involved with qcfD,D, qcfx2+A. Piss easy to do. Dont try to do anything clever, it just comes naturally. Dont hold A either, just press the button. I dont think C version does any extra damage, so just dont bother with it.

vtu22_2
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by vtu22_2 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 16:18

Does anyone find Kyo's fireball a bit useless? I rarely use it since it comes out farily slow. I do admit that it does give him a combination with his gameplay, but it's also a bit disappointing that it doesn't do much damage.

If you ask me, they should've made his fireball like Kyo-1 where it's an OTG!

His fireball game cannot pressure well compared to his QCF + punch game. Best thing is to use the fireball randomly at a distance to snuff ground attacks, rather than in combos.

What does everyone else think? Maybe there's some really damaging combos with his fireball??