Kula Diamond (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 03:19

Just wondering, is her Freeze Execution MAX DCable?

Mole
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Mole » Mon Nov 21, 2005 06:05

Arcadia says Kula's DC's are:

Diamond Edge -> Freeze Execution or
MAX Diamond Edge (hits 1-3) -> Freeze Execution

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 16:19

jump C, stand C(2hits),qcb B, fw D,(wait) stand A/C, LDM..

A 23 hit combo which can be done anywhere on the screen..Corner must be slower.coz whoever is dashing forward might miss the opponent coz she dashes too fast.lol :smile:

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Mon Dec 19, 2005 20:15

Think these combos are common knowledge now, but since no one's posted them:

(corner) Jump Attack> stand C (2 hits)> qcf+A> qcb+ B> f+B> Uppercut/ A Diamond Edge/ MAX Diamond Edge/ (haven't seen stand A> LDM, but i don't see why it shouldn't work)

d.BX3> C Uppercut> MAX Diamond Edge/ A Diamond Edge> LDM

Common tactic is to corner the opponent then poke with stand B and A Ice Breath. Once the Ice Breath hits, juggle with qcb+B> f+B> Uppercut/Super.

Back hop + A Ice breath is a good way of controlling space, especially against non-fireball characters. A Ice Breath seems faster to fire and recover than in 2k2.

Hop A and Hop C are both awesome for air to ground. Especially hop A, if done after a hop D, cause of the tempo variation.

So basic strategy with her is to zone with stand B, A Ice Breath, C uppercut, until the opponent screws up, then jump in for an 80% combo. I hate her.

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 16:20

yup.. i agree ..hated her so i learn to use her instead.. her easiness for landing a heavy combo(compared to duo lon), dominance in the air attacks, and her uppercut and anti projectile move(qcb a) makes it so hard just to touch her..

plus her qcb a allows u to charge up ur power bar W/O attacking the opponent.. just doing it 5-6 times let u charge up the power bar..just like gato's qcf p..

there's simply too many advantages for them .. now i noe why they are top tier..

another user friendly combo of hers.. Anywhere again..

qcb A, Bounce off the wall stand C, LDM..

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Jan 04, 2006 18:31

Didn't see anyone write this yet, so:

Uppercut is godly. Great range, nigh-on invulnerability, quick. If opponent rolls behind it, it's still somewhat difficult to punish by running up to combo as the recovery isn't too bad. Opponent also can't recovery roll off it, which gives you more time to set up pressure chains.

Max DM is done by qcf x2 E.

EDIT: forgot to mention - she's totally invulnerable while doing her LDM. No hit frames at all. And I think the moment you can hit her, she can start blocking again D: Maybe you have to throw her/command grab her out of it.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:30

Correct me if i'm wrong but it doesnt appear that you can connect qcb+B, f+D, qcfx2A or E, either with or without an A first. Not that anyone said it could, but it seemed to me that it SHOULD. But it doesnt. Thought i might mention that fact.

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:41

christensenray wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but it doesnt appear that you can connect qcb+B, f+D, qcfx2A or E, either with or without an A first. Not that anyone said it could, but it seemed to me that it SHOULD. But it doesnt. Thought i might mention that fact.
Hi, wat u said can be done.. try a fw A b4 u start the qcb B,fw D then qcf x2 E/A. u dun need a A b4 excuting qcf x2 E/A. :smile:

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:09

yeah, it definetly works.....just time it right when kula recovers from the slide and it'll connect

oh, and im pretty sure it's not a "juggle-anywhere" move, so qcb B, fwd D, A, qcfX2 A/E wont work

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:15

quick response. Will try again tonight. Thanks. Just for that i'll go make a contribution on the Oswald thread.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Wed Jan 11, 2006 17:43

christensenray wrote:quick response. Will try again tonight. Thanks. Just for that i'll go make a contribution on the Oswald thread.
dude, are u on something? I don't think there's any of her combo from 02' that cant be done in XI apart from the MAX2 ones... go figure out your timing before posting something like that.. :razz:

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Jan 12, 2006 07:52

Derrick
go figure out your timing before posting something like that..
That's why i said
Correct me if i'm wrong...
I'd been trying for a week and was getting frustrated. I thought it should work but it just wasnt working. I managed to get it to work ONCE out of like 20 times today. Which is my best effort so far. Aargh! :mad: :angry:

I love kula
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by I love kula » Thu Feb 09, 2006 18:47

I was trying out some combos and found this corner combo:
J.C/D, S.C(2 hits), f+a,Qcf a,Qcb b, f+b, DP/ C, LDM/ Diamond Edge/Max Diamond Edge,DC,LDM.

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Fri Feb 10, 2006 00:06

I love kula wrote:I was trying out some combos and found this corner combo:
J.C/D, S.C(2 hits), f+a,Qcf a,Qcb b, f+b, DP/ C, LDM/ Diamond Edge/Max Diamond Edge,DC,LDM.
YOu need like 6 bars to do that, and 2 LDM???

I love kula
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by I love kula » Sun Feb 12, 2006 03:37

cube wrote:
I love kula wrote:I was trying out some combos and found this corner combo:
YOu need like 6 bars to do that, and 2 LDM???
what you talking about its ...f+b Dp or C,LDM or ...f+b Diamond Edge or Max Diamond Edge,DC,LDM. Either ones are less than 4 bars and one skill bar