Gaming Habit Miscellany

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vice Vecta » Sun Oct 22, 2006 05:35

As for me...

Pre-match: Stretch and crack knucles. I tend to be quite tense so i need to feel relaxed before the battle.

During the match: You'll hear SHIT! If i get hit or comboed... or worse, when your chara do something that you didn't have contemplated. Or you'll hear "there you go!" if i happen to get a combo. The term is with no scron, but mostly for some little success. Sometimes I mumble in quite low voice the soundtrack to relax myself... specially in particulary tense battles.

Double tapping has been also my blessing and curse. As someone mentioned before, has some advantages for A's or B's in KOF, but in XI when the buttong presses for switch charas or stuff it's my doom. It's even wors ein Tekken 5 DR as the button motions are more exact. I really have to get rid of it.

Taunting. In KOF is something few people do, and yes, that's specially dedicated to harass stupid turtlers (me as a rushdown Mexican player, loathe turtlers) or to psyche out opponents who jump or let theiselves open for attacks. Never taunt in RL, though.

After the match: If I win, just a good smile or a "that's it!" it's enough for personal celebration. If it was a particular hard battle, a breath release of relief is the only thing coming... Losing also makes me pond the cabinet or curse a lot. But mostly curse to myself from my stupidity. I don't like to curse or attack the player at all, it's not his fault I'm a dumbass.

Incidentally, lately had a very bad experience at losing. In Tekken 5 DR was fighting a particularly decent yet tough opponent and I was winning for 3 times in a row, but then, when he challenges me, he gets promotion chance and i got demotion risk out of the blue! The thing is, he won and I got demoted. That made me snap so badly! An idiot there, who wasn't even playing, started to speak to me in english (i don't speak fluent chinese yet, btw) "trying to calm me down", I just told him to keep it out and don't meddle, but the guy was still bothering me telling me not to play, that wa sjust a game,m blah blah blah till i tell him to fuck off and mind his own business. We almost get in a real fight.

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 17:49

I like to taunt when I win timeover <_<. lol. You know, when you play until you realise 10 seconds left, and you have bar on you. You start to evade, and when its 01 -> 00, I press start to taunt. lol.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 23:38

Ratix0 wrote:I like to taunt when I win timeover <_<. lol. You know, when you play until you realise 10 seconds left, and you have bar on you. You start to evade, and when its 01 -> 00, I press start to taunt. lol.
Ill get furious if I was playing you.......Cant stand evaders in fightering games just for a time over. If its neck and neck and you are on both on your last characters, cool i can understand that. But not if you have the upperhand and STILL evade.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 17:55

When I get change from the counter/machine, I always tap the counter/machine lightly twice as if to thank the guy behind or the machine. I do that when I insert coins too.

And when I'm about to get serious I start with twisting my right wrist. Happens in both fighters and racing games for me. :x

And when I get to play against good players who I don't know, I sorta crack my knuckles before the match. I also used to do a thumbs up when I get hit by a nice combo, but I've stopped doing that lately.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Oct 26, 2006 04:39

vice vectra: dont worry, i've had many an incident when it comes to promotion chances/demotion risks that i lose as well, especially if they play heaps cheap and faggoty. what characters/ranks were you guys anyway?

i tend to swear pretty loudly, but most of the time im not pissed off unless the other guy's an oswald bug whore, or something of the like. If i do something deliberately stupid and get punished for it, i laugh....heh

oh, and like singaporeans, i say chee bai a lot too :)