2nd interview with #kofxiv producer 4gamer #msd update!
Yasuyuki Oda had another interview with 4gamer, and it’s similar to the previous one but with some other tidbits that you may find interesting.
Oh and here’s their video from psx
Professor of MMCAFE provided this summary:
– The concept for KOF14’s development is “The most easy to play KOF ever”
– They want to make the game so that it plays naturally for fans of 98, 02, and 13 which were the most popular.
– Since Producer Oda was in the FF/AOF dev team, he wasn’t really involved with the KOF series up until now. This will be the first time that he’s on a KOF project from its plot stages.
– SNKP’s been away from console development for quite some time now, so this will be the beginning for them to build up their 3D knowledge and skills
– When asked “If KOF14 succeeds, could we be seeing the comeback of other franchises such as Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, or Samurai Shodown?”, Oda replied “If everyone supports us, we might be able to bring things all the way there.”
– When asked about Trailers 1 and 2, Oda said the renderings were mostly the same but they changed the lightings amongst other various tweaks. They want to continue improving the game’s quality
– As reported earlier, all 50 characters will be playable at launch. 16 teams (3 characters each) + 2 characters.
– The game is roughly 70% done. They’ll be starting to work on game balance.
– The game is designed to play like KOF13 just during MAX mode where you can use EX moves and 3 levels of Supers that can be canceled in their order of hierarchy. Oda says that with enough studying it’s possible to juggle opponents like in KOF13.
– For beginners, there’s the automatic and simple “Rush Combo” system
– The devs are still tweaking the game’s Just Defense system through trial and error
If you go to the source you can also read further discussion.
Many players are feeling more confident in the game after the 4th trailer and the PlayStation experience. Some still have doubts, but only about the graphics. Let us know how you feel!
P.s. We will not be posting in certain Facebook groups anymore. Please subscribe to our page or visit the website. Thank you for your attention.
New update #msd
“Merry Christmas, Mr. Morden” Survival Event Launch!
Exchange your collected points with Rare Units!
SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (Corporate HQ: Suita-city, Osaka, Japan, Company, President & CEO: Koichi
Toyama) is proud to announce the release of a new update to the iOS & Android application “METAL SLUG DEFENSE”.
“METAL SLUG DEFENSE” is the latest installment in the legendary 2D run-and-gun game series “METAL SLUG” and its
first entry as a tower defense / strategy game. “METAL SLUG DEFENSE” has been already downloaded and played by
more than 27 million* users since its release on May 1st, 2014. This new update, available from today for both iOS and
Android devices, welcomes a new Survival Event titled “Merry Christmas, Mr. Morden” in which your mission is to search
for lost soldiers in an extremely cold land! Make sure to collect the points dropped by defeated enemies in order to exchange
them with Rare Units, Medals or Level increasing items! Furthermore, if you deliver successfully Marco and Tarma who
have turned into snowmen, you may have the chance to get the very rare “Snowman Marco” and “Snowman Tarma” Units.
* Total amount of downloads of the game on iOS and Android (with the exception of China)
*This number doesn’t take in account several downloads done on the same user account.
■Description: 1) Launch of the “Merry Christmas, Mr. Morden” Survival Event”!
* A new Survival Stage in which hordes of enemies come to attack you until your base is destroyed or time runs out.
* Collect points dropped by defeated enemies, and exchange them with rare units or MEDALS.
* New items allowing to increase the max. level of each affiliation up to Lvl. 40 are available!
* Free “Snowman Marco” and “Snowman Tarma” to have the chance to get these extremely rare units!
2) New Units
3) New Special Missions
■Release date: Android / iOS ver.: December 17th, 2015