Tung Fu Rue
Contributors: (Main) Gillstolemyride
Best Position: Point
- Air senpu
- air LP
- qcf P
- ranged qcb LP
- Tung appeared in the very first Fatal Fury game.
- Taught Geese
LP “Light Punch”
- Crouch : best. chains into df LP (but then whiffs on crouchers so kinda useless)
- Stand :
- Far : Useless
- Hop : crossup fun but needs to hit late
- Jump : same
Notes: spamming will lead to special move!
LK “Light Kick”
- Crouch : Low profile / Good for anti air / chains
- Stand : hits low, chains into sLP, dfLP but it isn’t cancellable, has bad blockstun and doesn’t lead into anything
- Far :
- Hop : good anti air, has great range, and it’s the most height lenient button tung has to start combos from
- Jump : same
Notes: lp: chains into dflp, (but on blocking crouchers it whiffs, so kinda useless)
hop: good for air to air
HP “Heavy Punch”
- Crouch : chains into df LP.
- Stand : chains
- Far : chains into df LP
- Hop : has decent range, but needs to be hit very low to combo from, acceptable blockstun
- Jump : same
Notes: spamming will lead to special move! Cr HP > qcf P is best poke
HK “Heavy Kick”
- Crouch : can be cancelled into light fireball for safety
- Stand : his second best normals for anti airing, the only normal with frame advantage, can frame trap with crhp
- Far :
- Hop : hits twice at a particular angle
- Jump : same
Notes: “Small jump D is maybe his most powerful tool. Can win both air to air and air to ground when timed well” – Frionel
HPHK “CD Blowback”
- Stand: safe on block at any distance
- nothing else to chain with lol
P “Shou Ha” [EX]
- HP has longer startup, combos into light lounge on hit (corner) and qcbx2 P
- HP version has Plus frames unless point blank range but has too much pushback so can’t juggle unless in corner
- EX causes wall bounce
- Seems that LP version is +0 on block
Notes: Both fireballs are safe on block (strings into heavy fireball aren’t a true blockstring)
P “Shenshippo” [EX]
- aka Lunge Punch
- HP travels further
- EX causes juggle
- HP Lunge can blow up low projectiles like Terry’s from far away, but requires somewhat a hard read.
Notes: – Both Lunge punches can be spaced to be made safe.
– Kara (c+d) cancel heavy lunge punch goes full screen and links into super on hit, same for ex (no kara required), ex lounge is + on block.
Rapid P “Geki Hou” [EX]
- EX does NOT cause juggle (lol)
- Mashing P has upper body invulnerability from the 3rd frame onwards, but actual startup is somewhere near 13 frames.
- Command grab
- Fast but has barely any range
- EX has more range!
- 1f startup and is his most damaging meterless ender from cl.HP, df+LP
(air) P “Air Senpu Ken” [EX]
- Sets up a juggle whenever it hits air-to-air.
Notes: needs to be very low and late to combo, both in front and as crossup, good frame advantage on both hit and block
Supers & Climax
x2 P “Senpuu Gou Ken” [Max]
- Multi Hit
- Max version is faster with more hits
x2 K “Dai Geki Hou”
- causes juggle
- Max doesn’t cause juggle
- climax cancel (any hit)
x2 PP “Kyoku Koureishin”
- Jhk > cr hp LP > max > crhp > LP xx PP > PP > PP
- 462 damage (hyper hop Jhp safe jump 4 frames)
- jhk > crhp > LP > light fireballDM1
- (399 damage)
- jhk > crhp > LP > light loungeDM2
- (407 damage)
- jhk > crhp > LP > max > crhp,LP xx PP > PP > light lounge, dm2 (604 damage)
- jhk > crhp > LP > max > crhp,LP > PP > PP > light lounge**dm1 (514 damage, works anywhere)
- crlk,crlp,LP > max > crhp,LP xx PP > PP > light lounge, dm2 (511 damage)
- crlk,crlp,LP > max > crhp > LP > PP > PP > light loungedm1 (441 damage) works anywhere, might do less damage, full corner to corner carry.
- Jhk > crhp > LP > LP > x2 K xx x2PP
- (520 damage) almost full corner to corner confirm)
- Jhk > crhp > LP > max > crhp > LP > PP > air LP > air PP > air LP > air LP > LP > x2 K xx x2PP
- 868 damage
- Jhk > crhpLP > max > Crhp > LP xx PP
- Low starters: crlk is better than stlk (20 more damage and more range)
- all followups are the same for damage (crlk,stlp and crlk,crlp are the same damage wise)
- crlk,jab into dfa on average max into super confirm is the string of choice from low, since scaling doesn’t affect the damage with short combos such as – crlk,crlp,dfa**ex fireball, ex lounge, light lounge juggle into max 2 AA super.
- 564 from air senpuu ken (1 hit) and 511 from crlk,crlp,dfa
- Cancels into light fireball or ex fireball will always connect, heavy fireball is not comboable outside of corner c+d** heavy fireball (sets in air juggle)
- jhk does more damage than jhp if both hits come out, also more blockstun
- jc+d counter hit will sets on for juggle and big damage with air senpuu ken loops
Hori.Sako made quite an impression with his Tung combo. I can’t find the original but Gillstolemyride has replicated it here
With a variety of timing you can “frame trap” the opponent with crhp*+fireball “mixups. CrLP has poor range, makes dfLP whiff on block, leaving you open for punishes and has next to no blockstun!
You can juggle off all the senshippo (lunge punches) but of course from ex you can do it grounded as the move itself sets in juggle, all normal lunge punches can juggle with Geki hou DM on air hit.
Ressen kyaku is a 1 frame startup command grab, it can be used for certain punishes at close-ish range.
Senpuu gou ken can be used to punish fireballs at close range, ex works even better.
Moreover, if you have good execution on long / high jumps, crlk whiff mash geki hou is an option, since crlk will low profile.
ALL supers are strike invincible on startup, possibly grab.
Vertical: shk, dfa, dai geki hou, crlk**geki hou
Horizontal: C+D, AA Dai geki hou,
Situational: fireballs, lunge punches, late climax can work
Air to air: jC,jD,JLK
jlp is the crossup of choice. Air senpuuken can work too if spaced and timed correctly.
NORMALS INTO SPECIAL CONFIRMS
Lows: crlk,crlpdfa light lounge 170 (less corner carry, more advantage, combos into dm2, combos into dm1 but opponent falls out, combos into climax)
— Crlk,crlpdfa heavy lounge 175 (more corner carry, less advantage) crlk,crlp+dfa*light fireball 166 (combos into dm1 for 306 damage, dm2 for 314)
High (jumpins etc): jhk, crhp,dfalight fireball 259 (249 with jhp) (379 with dm1) jhk, crhp,dfalight lounge 263(253 with jhp) (407 with dm2)